IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Science Illusion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Science Illusion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Tobias Tobias wrote:

We both think each other crazy,,   That's obvious,,   But when you look at the ruling classes of our world,, Again, Objectively, You will find that they need the human race to be immersed in conflict in order to serve their agenda,, This is one conflicting subject among many others,,    The earth has only been believed to be a sphere for around 500 years,   This ruling elites bloodlines have held power since the summarians, About 6000 years ago..   
Meantime I suggest you have a look at this link,, It will answer all of your questions,   And have tangeable proof against gravity, vision , etc,    

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax_YpQsy88

Even an object the size of 10 football fields cannot be seen by humans at the distance of the supposed space station...

You claim to know science, Then practice some of your own without listening to anyone,, Especially scientists,   Then you will see.

Quote Here's an interesting question�at what distance can the human eye detect a candle flame? Put this conundrum to Google and the first answer says it is possible to see a candle flickering up to 48 kilometers (30 miles) away, considerably further than the horizon.31 Jul 2015

If the ISS is illuminated by the sun, and it is shinny so it reflets light well you will easily see it as a moving bright spot against the night sky.

With a decent, cheap, telescope you will be able to see the detail of it.

I will not spend time looking at drivel you are unable to describe.

This idea of the ruling elites is more mad drivel.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 09 December 2017 at 7:03am
Pete View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:25am
All to often people who don't understand science correctly make the mistake that scientists have "proved" something or other when in fact all science is based on the laws of science and by its nature a law cannot be proved. Its assumed to be true, nothing more.

Also, all too often, far too many people believe that what is written in a religious text is fact when in fact its not. All religious texts which are accepted by an individual is assumed to be correct, i.e. taken as true by faith. By definition faith is the strong belief in something that cannot be proved.

Also, the scope of science is not universal and has never been taken as being universal. By that I mean that science is not something that applies to all areas of human concern. For example: science cannot tell you whether the drinking age should be 16 or 21. Science cannot tell you whether the speed limit should be 55 mph or 85 mph. Science cannot tell you whether a philosophy text is true or not.

However there's nothing wrong with the notion that science might be able to determine whether there is/was a creator or not. Science might even be able to determine whether the story of Moses receiving the 10 commandments on Mount Sinai is true or not. By those statements I mean that scientific efforts such as archeology has made discoveries which confirm what religious documents state. Especially when what it states is historical in nature. For example: the book of Genesis states (in one particular translation) that there was a path on Mount Sinai which was paved with sapphire. The correct translation really states only that the path was paved with blue stone. On one of the mountains suspected of being the Mount Sinai in Genesis a large amount of blue stone was discovered confirms what that the account in Genesis states.

There's more on that point here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Mount_Sinai which says
Archaeological artifacts discovered at the top of the mountain indicate that it was once covered by polished shiny blue slate

Not too many years ago cosmologists at MIT showed how an advanced race/beings could create a universe so the notion of a universe being created by a being is well within the realm of science.

I recall a long time ago asking a person what they would think if they witnessed "miraculous" events such as those stated in the Bible. Their answer "I'd assumed it was caused by an advanced alien using science" (or something like that) which shows how closed minded they were. An "alien" ,in that context, is merely an intelligent being which originated somewhere other than here on Earth. And that's precisely what God is.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Pete Pete wrote:

All to often people who don't understand science correctly make the mistake that scientists have "proved" something or other when in fact all science is based on the laws of science and by its nature a law cannot be proved. Its assumed to be true, nothing more.

Also, all too often, far too many people believe that what is written in a religious text is fact when in fact its not. All religious texts which are accepted by an individual is assumed to be correct, i.e. taken as true by faith. By definition faith is the strong belief in something that cannot be proved.

Also, the scope of science is not universal and has never been taken as being universal. By that I mean that science is not something that applies to all areas of human concern. For example: science cannot tell you whether the drinking age should be 16 or 21. Science cannot tell you whether the speed limit should be 55 mph or 85 mph. Science cannot tell you whether a philosophy text is true or not.

However there's nothing wrong with the notion that science might be able to determine whether there is/was a creator or not. Science might even be able to determine whether the story of Moses receiving the 10 commandments on Mount Sinai is true or not. By those statements I mean that scientific efforts such as archeology has made discoveries which confirm what religious documents state. Especially when what it states is historical in nature. For example: the book of Genesis states (in one particular translation) that there was a path on Mount Sinai which was paved with sapphire. The correct translation really states only that the path was paved with blue stone. On one of the mountains suspected of being the Mount Sinai in Genesis a large amount of blue stone was discovered confirms what that the account in Genesis states.

There's more on that point here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Mount_Sinai which says
Archaeological artifacts discovered at the top of the mountain indicate that it was once covered by polished shiny blue slate

Not too many years ago cosmologists at MIT showed how an advanced race/beings could create a universe so the notion of a universe being created by a being is well within the realm of science.

I recall a long time ago asking a person what they would think if they witnessed "miraculous" events such as those stated in the Bible. Their answer "I'd assumed it was caused by an advanced alien using science" (or something like that) which shows how closed minded they were. An "alien" ,in that context, is merely an intelligent being which originated somewhere other than here on Earth. And that's precisely what God is.

Whilst bits of the bible are correct, the places and cities were there, were real, that does not make the claims of devine magic real.

There is a path of blue stones on mount Sinai, so? That does not mean that God came down to give the commandments to some goat herding nomad. It strongly implies that the gaot herder had been arond there nad had either seen or heard of this patch of blue stone, or it was added later... but not the God bit.

ajzhyder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajzhyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:58pm
https://topicsfromquran.wordpress.com/2018/05/19/creation-of-skies-and-the-earth/
The above post reviews Quranic verses related to creation of Earth and Heavens.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:08pm
@Ajzhyder
Quote  Quran, 13:3
Sahih International: And it is He who spread the earth and placed therein firmly set mountains and rivers.

Can you tell me how you can reconcile this verse with the modern knowledge on the formation of our earth ?

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
ajzhyder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajzhyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:06am
Salam
My understanding of 'spreading of the earth' is that from very small size in the beginning when Earth and Skies were joined together, the Earth was spread to its present size, i.e to a size of much bigger sphere.

Thanks

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 2:12am
Originally posted by ajzhyder ajzhyder wrote:

Salam
My understanding of 'spreading of the earth' is that from very small size in the beginning when Earth and Skies were joined together, the Earth was spread to its present size, i.e to a size of much bigger sphere.

I don't see much trouble with the Koran's verses if they are poetry and it is understood that they are targeted at the normal people of 700AD.

If you want to use them for the basis of an understanding of how the real world actually is you are going to run into trouble.

The earth and the sky/space/all those stars were never physically joined. They all formed after the bib bang start of the universe and most long long after the start.
AlkitabAdvocate View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlkitabAdvocate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by ajzhyder ajzhyder wrote:

Salam

I don't see much trouble with the Koran's verses if they are poetry and it is understood that they are targeted at the normal people of 700AD.

If you want to use them for the basis of an understanding of how the real world actually is you are going to run into trouble.

The earth and the sky/space/all those stars were never physically joined. They all formed after the bib bang start of the universe and most long long after the start.

The Book is not to be taken as poetry. It is actually for guidance. It is correct that it is not a book of science, as it only states some facts which can be appreciated depending upon the knowledge available to the world at that time.

All the matter and energy which forms the Universe today was contained at a very small space i.e an infinitely small point in the beginning, and from there this matter spread out to form every thing we see in the universe today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic