IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 72 Virgins in paradise  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 Virgins in paradise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An0nymice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 Virgins in paradise
    Posted: 27 August 2016 at 5:20pm
I have a question.
i have asked this question to my friend from bangladesh and he said he didnt know.
it is about that if you die and go to paradise you get 72 virgins.
the question is : what about your wife/wives?
aren't you supposed to love her and be and stay true to her?
can somebody explain me how this works

may peace be apon you all!

Edited by An0nymice - 27 August 2016 at 5:24pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 12:21am
Dear Brother,

I have not found it in the hadith and in the Quran, I think it could be a case made-up, and then "what about your wife / wives?".
Quran does not explain it like that, but Allah only informs us in His Word as follow:

Quran Surah As-Sajdah (32): 17
"No one knows what is hidden for them is an assortment of enjoyment that is so beautiful to be seen as a reward for what they have done."

Hadith Qudsy:
"He said:" I have prepared for My servants the righteous, pleasures that have never been seen by the eye, and not imagined by the human mind. "(Mashur)

Even in the Quran is found words like: wives, fruits, rivers, drinks and so on, it is a parable like, imagery, siloka, figuratively and something like that.

Word of Allah and Hadith Qudsy above explain that afterlife is very different from what is in this world now.
Allah is perfect and rich with creations.

Regards,
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Brother,

Word of Allah and Hadith Qudsy above explain that afterlife is very different from what is in this world now.

Regards,
If it is very different as you say, why are Muslims told they will marry or have wives in paradise. Jesus said "you err not knowing the power of God or the Scriptures for those in paradise will be like the angels not be given in marriage."
In paradise there is something much better than sexual union and gratification. That is one of the reason it's very different along with no suffering there.

Edited by Saved - 30 October 2016 at 12:51pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 6:49pm
Dear Saved,

Allah says in the Quran that all men who go to paradise will have spouse or wife, and vice versa for women.
Yes, Word of Allah and Hadith Qudsy explain that afterlife is very different from what is in this world now. In paradise will get all the gifts of Allah's blessings which has never been felt before by humans and even have not imagined by the human mind before.
Paradise is a place for enjoyment, while hell is a place of suffering.

Regards,
Asep
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

If it is very different as you say, why are Muslims told they will marry or have wives in paradise. Jesus said "you err not knowing the power of God or the Scriptures for those in paradise will be like the angels not be given in marriage."
In paradise there is something much better than sexual union and gratification. That is one of the reason it's very different along with no suffering there.

Greetings Saved. I humbly disagree with what you mentioned. I don't think that Jesus, son of Mary (Alaihi Salaam) would say something opposite of what Allah has promised to the believers in the Quran.

Allah no where mentions in the Quran that our creation will be of different nature in the hereafter. It will still be human nature and human nature has its demands and desires.

The Quran does not mention that pleasures will be different, in fact it mentions that they will be similar. Different can mean the pleasures of paradise will be something that will unimaginable as they are out of the world experiences for humans living in this world. It does not mean that the experiences will be something completely different or even opposite of what the Quran explicitly implies.

The reason why Allah (Swt) created pleasures such as sexual gratification in this world is so that people can experience such pleasures and will then long to achieve them in an eternal life where everyone will be young forever. Time will not make them older and weaker.

The worldly life and its pleasures are limited or intertwined with hardships so that they can be experienced and tasted to a certain limit and then people long for a life where they can experience them without limits. This is logic.

Al Quran 16:31

......having therein all that they might desire. 

AL Quran 55:56

In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze, whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then.

The above Verse where 'mates of modest gaze' mentioned are generally explained by commentators to be for the males.

But what about females? What will they have?

The Quran responds to this question in the following words:

Al Quran 55:15-17

On thrones woven [with ornament], Reclining on them, facing each other. There will circulate among them young boys made eternal. With vessels, pitchers and a cup from a flowing spring.

Since Islam is a Deen (Way of life) of human nature and God instilled natural companionship in men and women, there is NO WAY that these young boys are there for men for any other reason except for serving them. They are there for no other reason except for pious women. Some Islamic Scholars have given this explanation of this verse.

Such pious women who kept themselves chaste for the sake of God's pleasure, were patient and did not give in to the way of life which is opposite of Islam. Those who lived the life of obedience. Allah (swt) will surely give them from His Mercy.

In Islam there is a modest way of talking about such things as sexual pleasures. The pleasures for women are referred to in the Quran and Hadith but in modest terms.

Edited by syed_z - 31 October 2016 at 8:14pm
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 9:54pm
Asalaam O Alaikum,

As for the words that Allah Has prepared for His Servants pleasures which........"no eye has ever seen, no ear has ever heard and no heart has ever imagined..." are for those with high ranks.

The following Hadith makes it clear about the one who will be in the lowest rank and those in the highest.

It is reported on the authority of al-Mughira b. Shu'ba that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Moses asked his Lord: Who amongst the inhabitants of Paradise is the lowest to rank? He (Allah) said: The person who would be admitted into Paradise last of all among those deserving of Paradise who are admitted to it. I would be said to him: Enter Paradise. He would gay: O my Lord! how (should I enter) while the people have settled in their apartments and taken the shares (portions)? It would be said to him: Would you be pleased if there be for you like the kingdom of a king amongst the kings of the world? He would say: I am pleased my Lord. He (Allah) would say: For you is that, and like that, and like that, and like that, and that. He would say at the fifth (point): I am well pleased. My Lord. He (Allah) would say: It is for you and, ten times like it, and for you is what your self desires and your eye enjoys. He would say: I am well pleased, my Lord. He (Moses) said: (Which is) the highest of their (inhabitants of Paradise) ranks? He (Allah) said: They are those whom I choose. I establish their honour with My own hand and then set a seal over it (and they would be blessed with Bounties) which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human mind has perceived: and this is substantiated by the Book of Allah, Exalted and Great:" So no soul knows what delight of the eye is hidden for them; a reward for what they did" (Surah Sajdah Verse 17)

(Recorded in Sahih Muslim)

Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 12:18am
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

If it is very different as you say, why are Muslims told
they will marry or have wives in paradise. Jesus said "you err not
knowing the power of God or the Scriptures for those in paradise will be
like the angels not be given in marriage."
In paradise there is something much better than sexual union and
gratification. That is one of the reason it's very different along with
no suffering there.
Greetings Saved. I humbly disagree
with what you mentioned. I don't think that Jesus, son of Mary (Alaihi
Salaam) would say something opposite of what Allah has promised to the
believers in the Quran.Allah no where mentions in the Quran that
our creation will be of different nature in the hereafter. It will
still be human nature and human nature has its demands and desires.The
Quran does not mention that pleasures will be different, in fact it
mentions that they will be similar. Different can mean the pleasures of
paradise will be something that will unimaginable as they are out of the
world experiences for humans living in this world. It does not mean
that the experiences will be something completely different or even
opposite of what the Quran explicitly implies. The reason why
Allah (Swt) created pleasures such as sexual gratification in this world
is so that people can experience such pleasures and will then long to
achieve them in an eternal life where everyone will be young forever.
Time will not make them older and weaker.The worldly life and
its pleasures are limited or intertwined with hardships so that they can
be experienced and tasted to a certain limit and then people long for a
life where they can experience them without limits. This is logic. Al Quran 16:31......having therein all that they might desire.� AL Quran 55:56In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze, whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then.The above Verse where 'mates of modest gaze' mentioned are generally explained by commentators to be for the males. But what about females? What will they have?The Quran responds to this question in the following words:Al Quran 55:15-17On thrones woven [with ornament], Reclining on them, facing
each other. There will circulate among them young boys made eternal. <span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">With
vessels, pitchers and a cup from a flowing spring.</span>
Since
Islam is a Deen (Way of life) of human nature and God instilled natural
companionship in men and women, there is NO WAY that these young boys
are there for men for any other reason except for serving them. They are
there for no other reason except for pious women. Some Islamic Scholars
have given this explanation of this verse.Such pious women who
kept themselves chaste for the sake of God's pleasure, were patient and
did not give in to the way of life which is opposite of Islam. Those who
lived the life of obedience. Allah (swt) will surely give them from His
Mercy. In Islam there is a modest way of talking about such
things as sexual pleasures. The pleasures for women are referred to in
the Quran and Hadith but in modest terms.

Greetings Syed_z:

You can disagree with me anyway you would like. I am only showing the little I believe God showed me. Of course, I can be wrong; so, take what I share with a grain of salt. I mean you well.

I believe I can be wrong, but not the Scriptures. Here is the support for what I shared:
Matthew: 22:29 Jesus replied, �You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what God said to you:�

Now, I believe Jesus' words; so, I share what I believe to be true. You might say the gospel is corrupted, but the Quran doesn't mention gospel corruption; in fact, Allah tells the People of the Book to stand on the revelation they received for they can do no other and we do. So, as a Christian, I am being obedient to Allah.

Now Jesus also said I am the way (Deen) the truth and the life. NO other prophet could make such a claim. Jesus didn't show the way; because He is the Way to Paradise.

I believe Jesus' message basically was relationship with God trumps religion and tradition.

PBUY
Al

Edited by Saved - 01 November 2016 at 12:19am
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 10:20pm

You can disagree with me anyway you would like. I am only showing the little I believe God showed me. Of course, I can be wrong; so, take what I share with a grain of salt. I mean you well.

I believe I can be wrong, but not the Scriptures. Here is the support for what I shared:
Matthew: 22:29 Jesus replied, �You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what God said to you:�

Now, I believe Jesus' words; so, I share what I believe to be true. You might say the gospel is corrupted, but the Quran doesn't mention gospel corruption; in fact, Allah tells the People of the Book to stand on the revelation they received for they can do no other and we do. So, as a Christian, I am being obedient to Allah.

Now Jesus also said I am the way (Deen) the truth and the life. NO other prophet could make such a claim. Jesus didn't show the way; because He is the Way to Paradise.

I believe Jesus' message basically was relationship with God trumps religion and tradition.

PBUY
Al

Greetings Saved,

I just wanted to show you proof from the Islamic scriptures that the life eternal as expressed in the Quran is very clear and it has details about the life of the hereafter unlike any other heavenly religion out there.

As for your personal belief, I have no issues with what you believe. We all have the right to believe what we want to. You posed a question whether women in Islam will not get anything which I corrected.

As for you saying the Gospel is not corrupted, I've already given you explanation on this thread http://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35988&PN=2

Go read it, Quran clearly states that Gospel and Torah are not in their original form anymore.

If you have proof to refute that then please be my guest.

As for Jesus, son of Mary (alaihi Salaam) saying that he was the way. Let me tell you this, every Prophet who came told his people that he was the way to know God's will and that is whay Jesus, son of Mary (Alaihi Salaam) said. Simple. You just choose to interpret it in different way.

Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic