IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CARTOONS..  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CARTOONS..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CARTOONS..
    Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:18pm
hey everyone..been a while i havent talked to any of you sry if i havent replied to few of my emails...hope everything is going well for all of u...

as all of u have heard muslims were reallt offended by the cartoons the stupid danish press published(altho they say they didnt intend too)...

am just a bit sad and angry but this thing is getting out of hand i even heard churches have been burnt down in Nigeria...

so am just postin this so all of us can talk about it and see wat we can do..bless all of you n thanx for trying to make a difference..
ayesha17 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayesha17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:35pm

I don't think we can do anything, Muslims try to do things, It never works.

People claim that the Muslims never protest the beheading of reporters and jorulism...The Imam of Al-Haraam In Makkah as condimed the terriosts. I don't hear it on the news, and its hasnt make a different to the west.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:50pm

mankind there are two threads with this topic, one in genera discissions adn the other in islam for non muslims.

You can go there and read all of the peoples views, there's 11 - 13 pages in both threads

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
mankind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 7:54pm
thanx angel, but i have read the other thread seems like sum ppl r not makin sense..this discussion is to calmly talk n i want to learn more about what happend..it would be great if one of you guys give me a link n i could see the cartoons..
really wont make a difference cuz am already highly offended...i have also seen ur cooment on the other thread angel..n i agree with that...
n i would like to point out to all of you who thinks that Muslim ppl over reacted...if muslims had more power this is the type of thing that will wipe Danish ppl out..its sad that only one man causes this but its up the country to keep thier respct dignity if not    wel u saw wat happened..all over the world..
and most of all all of you know that Muslims around at this time are in a very sensitive vibe becuz of all the oppression they get from the west n americas...not sayin all wests but almost all...

and ayesha thanx for your comment but i really believe Muslims can shake the world when they are offended or wen they need to send a msg u have seen wat happened and i think that was effective enuf to send the msg...not sayin voilence is the answer but just sayin wat Muslims do , does work...n truth is i think it will make a difference to the west if we respond to thier actions..thanx n bless u.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 2:31pm

I understand, but i really don't think people are going tos tart up again when they have said their views, points etc elsewhere.

it's just making multiple threads of the same topic  there's already three.

As for the cartoons, if you truly want to see them, a google search could do , anyway I think there are links in the other threads.

And besides I'm curious how can you be offended when you have not seen them ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
taibhashim5031 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taibhashim5031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:21am

Deat Team,

There's nothing that we can do NOW... however, let's benefit it from  here that ISLAM is a beautiful religion and teach it to others...

The protest is merely a show of LOVE to Islam and nothing more.

Perhaps, some SECTORS within the Muslim community do more damages to ISLAM than that cartoon by our non-Muslim sectors.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:43am

Assalamu Alaikum

As far as I have heard, what is happening in Nigeria is not simply about the cartoons.  We cannot lump all current "protests/uprisings" as being a response to the cartoon issue.  Inshallah, we will all learn something from the actions and consequences of those who responded violently while protesting against the cartoons. 

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic