IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims ask for shaira (sp?) law in UK  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims ask for shaira (sp?) law in UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslims ask for shaira (sp?) law in UK
    Posted: 20 February 2006 at 5:08pm

I was watching the news earlier where muslims were asking for a seperate law to be allowed in the Uk.. they interviewed many young muslims.. some said no, some said stoning was fine but werent sure how it would fit in with uk policy..... 

Its a good question.... how would barbarity fit in with normal people?  Could we justify others taking the law into thier own hands?

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Tim Evans View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 1:22pm

"Its a good question.... how would barbarity fit in with normal people?  Could we justify others taking the law into thier own hands?"

The capitalist Class do it every day and you don't complain!

Tim in Britain
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:07pm
What's more barbaric, hanging, lethal injection, firing squad, gas chamber, electrocution, stoning....
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 10:42pm

How exactly would you punish someone who committed an abhorent crime?

Islam is a practical religion.  It punishes in accordance with the crime.  If someone rapes and kills a little child for example, I for one think they deserve to be stoned to death. 

It's funny you come from a country that starts a pre-emptive war that kills thousands of people for no reason and you call Sharia law barbaric.  Don't get me started on the crimes caused by british colonialists in the past. 

Maybe instead of calling yourself Ketchup you should call yourself Blood, which would excellently complement your british flag icon.

Edited by Megatron
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

Its a good question.... how would barbarity fit in with normal people?  Could we justify others taking the law into thier own hands?

Hey Ketchup:

Let us see England and Wales are common law based and Wales has Roman Law based on inquisitorial Greek and Roman codes. So in time if demography changes and people demand Sharia be part of their legal scene over their neighborhood --more power to them that is how democracy is supposed to work-- Where there are two legal systems --what is the problem with having another model ? I think you'r confused and unnecessarily paranoid for some thing which is not happening tomorrow( unless you'r stoned). Also when it does happen will be other way around --normalicy will come to the barbarians. I don't know that was a good question in the first place. The question should have been --do you want to live like imperialist s or normal members of human fraternity. Now the problem I see in your personality is that you have an over active  imagination and not very constructive  at that --which is not  good for your mental health in th long run. So it is  recommended to control such impulses for healthy daily living. Now go do the right thing as Dr Laura would say !!!  Peace
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 2:36am

Let us see England and Wales are common law based and Wales has Roman Law based on inquisitorial Greek and Roman codes.

The laws for England and Wales are practically identical.

So in time if demography changes and people demand Sharia be part of their legal scene over their neighborhood --more power to them that is how democracy is supposed to work-- Where there are two legal systems --what is the problem with having another model ?

Oh yes, let's extend this idea so every ethnic minority in Britain has it's own set of laws. For Africans living in Britain they could have their very own tribal witch doctor disemboweling a chicken and examining the entrails to decide on the punishment of a local villain. We could have specific laws for Americans living here, we'll even let them bring their own electric chair over if required. The Chinese will be able to follow a punishment regime similar to that in China. If a Chinese man steals a bicycle in London's Chinatown area, he'll be shot and his family will be billed for the bullet......Sounds like a great idea.

I think you'r confused and unnecessarily paranoid for some thing which is not happening tomorrow( unless you'r stoned). Also when it does happen will be other way around --normalicy will come to the barbarians.

If having your head slowly and painfully smashed to pieces in by a stone throwing mob is normalcy, I think I'll give it a miss.

I don't know that was a good question in the first place. The question should have been --do you want to live like imperialist s or normal members of human fraternity.

Do you mean normal stone throwing, head smashing members of the human fraternity?

Now the problem I see in your personality is that you have an over active  imagination and not very constructive  at that --which is not  good for your mental health in th long run. So it is  recommended to control such impulses for healthy daily living. Now go do the right thing as Dr Laura would say !!!  Peace

Perhaps the best cure for an over-active imagination is a barrage of rocks to the skull?

Rock on! :----)

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 2:59am

Yeah..... Not just ethnic minorities....we'll have laws for every religion too.

1) Jahovahs witnesses will have the legal right to enter anyones house and preach to the occupants for 5 hours non-stop.

2) Roman Catholics will be able to force (At gun point if necessary) anyone who looks like a sinner to confess their sins on the spot.

3) Mormons will have the legal powers to make people listen to Donny Osmond CD's until they sign up on the dotted line.

4) Druids will be legally entitled to dance around naked in Hyde Park on Saturday afternoons.

5) Hindu's would be allowed to use Guy Fawkes night to cremate their dead on any available bonfire and if they wish, float the ashes down the river Thames.

:----)

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 10:58am

Mock the laws of criminal punishment in other countries if you will, however, Britain, Australia, and the USA have the highest rates of domestic crime in the world.

Personally, I find the fact that it is not safe for women and children to walk on the streets anymore barbaric. That criminals have more power, money, and weapons than the police. That prison systems are so overcrowded that convicted criminals are set free to make room for more convicted criminals.

Colin, would you send your young daughter out to play in certain areas of the U.K? Well, in most Middle Eastern countries, children can play anywhere safely.

What type of civilization panders to criminals, child molesters, drug dealers, and murderers? Perhaps it is barbaric to stone someone to death. I say it is barbaric to allow a child molester to continue molesting, or a murderer to continue murdering.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic