IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Islam true?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs Islam true?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 50>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by Melco Melco wrote:

Ahmed, far from convincing me that Islam is true, you are confirming what I suspected all along that Islam doesn't allow for genuine candour. I have always acknowledged where I got points wrong, probably stated it several times if you look back.

My brother Melco, your acknowldgement of certain "slip of tongue" by you was not only duly noted but heartly granted as well. Is this not gracious enough to reflect as how Muslims behave? I am sorry if I have made any other personal remarks, though I couldn't understand as what do you refer to when you say
Originally posted by Melco Melco wrote:

But you never admit an error. Why is that?

For the rest of the response to this post, I shall need another sitting. Till then, Peace be upon all of you. Regards

Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 4:01pm
Christianity just a local message, you're off your rocker! It has spread all over the world. How you claim that this was only intended by God as a local message? That's just plain daft. There are over 2 billion Christians in the world (32%), 1.2 billion Muslims (19%). The local message in reality is spreading universally. In fact, the word "Catholic" means "Universal".
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 10:33pm

I know I still have to reply bro Melco's repetitions of all the points where he is still trying to catch on the straws. But for a quick response on "Christianity as a local message", it would be more prudent to see as what Jesus himself said while on this earth.

Matthew 15:21-28 (New International Version)

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

25The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

28Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Now as any sane person can realize what was the scope of Jesus mission as described by himself, so much so that he, though being a merciful Prophet of God, yet had to rebuke the lady by calling her a "dog". Why would Jesus had to go to such an extent to explain the scope of his mission? Think about it?

The statistics you show us, may well be noted, but the question is what do they so called Christians, follow; what Jesus said to them or they are more of what Paul preached it to them? the sheer lawlessness preached by Paul can be compared with Jesus "Not to change the law but to fulfill it" Think about it. Brothers its not the numbers that make ones proud, but rationale thinking of its authenticity should have been the most important.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Maryga View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 3:35am

Melco, most or all of your questions have been amply answered by Brs Ahmad Joyia & Shams Zaman, and also Angela and Servetus,  but as your intention on this site ISLAMICITY  is not to learn about Islam but to ridicule and insult the Prophet of Islam, perhaps all our responses will not be read and reflected upon by you. However, for the sake of those who are interested in knowing the truth about Islam here are a few answers to some of the matters you have raised.

Melco wrote: A consensus Muslim account of the massacre of the Qurayza��who soon rendered his concise verdict: the men were to be put to death, the women and children sold into slavery, the spoils to be divided among the Muslims.

Bani Quraiza were a Jewish tribe who after having entered a treaty to fight with Muslims against any invasion of Madina, betrayed at a critical time when the Muslims were under siege. This by any standard is treated as high treason against the state. Subsequently, they ie the traitors made a special request to appoint Sa�d Mu�adh as the decision maker whose ruling was accepted by both parties to be implemented. Sa�d Mu�adh and his Aws tribe were allies of Bani Quraiza. Sa�d Mu�adh�s gave the decision based on the Old Testament or Torah  according to the verdict the active fighters must be put to the sword but the women and the children, the cattle and everything else in the city, all its spoils, shall be enjoyed by the enemy � Deuteronomy � XX:10-15. So, this decision was not made by the Prophet of Islam, instead it was based on the Old Testament. For this don�t blame the Prophet of Islam. If execution of traitors is declared to be unlawful then there would be no peace in the world.

It is ridiculous to compare this with the massacre of innocent Muslims by the Serbs.  The Muslims in Bosnia did not commit any treason nor were they traitors, it was the same kind of poison that many hardline Christians have shown throughout history towards Muslims as well as others for eg the Crusades, the Conquistadors in South America, Ireland etc.

Melco wrote: There are over 2 billion Christians in the world (32%), 1.2 billion Muslims (19%). The local message in reality is spreading universally. In fact, the word "Catholic" means "Universal".

Are you referring to people with Christian names? For your kind information many Churches have been sold because of lack of attendance and have been turned into Mosques. Most people with Christian names are either atheists (because trinity makes no sense to them) or have already converted to Islam but have not changed their names. The local message is ISLAM which is spreading universally, how much ever you may detest it. People who are sincerely seeking God�s guidance are guided to the truth of Islam � submission to the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD � NOT SON, NOT HOLY GHOST! For those in the quest for the truth ISLAM makes complete sense.

Now I have a question for you. In Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, verse 18 it reads (translation):

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Can you explain what this means and who this person is?

Edited by Maryga
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 6:07am
deuteronomy 18: 18 refers to the Lord Jesus Christ

Edited by fredifreeloader
Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:48am
Maryga, Muhammad's war was conducted as a private army, not on behalf of a state. I detest all war, but in any case, how can you use "treason" in this case? Is it ok for you that Muhammad didn't raise his voice against the selling of innocent children into slavery, the killing of their parents? You have only acknowledged that the heart of Islam is barbaric. I don't believe in capital punishment. 
Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:52am
Ahmad, you may not use the Gospel as evidence, because you said it was corrupt. Either it does express Christ's mind or it doesn't, make up your mind. Once again you are being disingenous, pretending to be truthful.
Christ also said
Mark 16:15 "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." "
Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:54am
fredifreeloader, bravo!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 50>
  Share Topic