IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam - Arabic  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam - Arabic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam - Arabic
    Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:29am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I think we are missing a very important point here. We are only required to recite the Glorious Qur'an in Arabic in Salah. The most important pillar after Shahadah is Salah which we pray five times daily. The beauty of Salah is that any Muslim can perform his Salah in any Masjid anywhere in the world and it will be the same as if he was performing his Salah in his own local Masjid.

Once each nationality start substituting the Qur'an recitation in their local language the unity is gone.

During the pilgrimage season in what language will u want the Imam to perform the prayers. There are millions of people speaking millions of languages and the languages in turn have zillion dialect so what language does the Imam choose. What chaos?  

The Qur'an is the binding force that unites the Muslim into one Ummah.  It is the duty of each and every Muslim to learn its translation in his own language to understand and implement the teachings.

During Salah is the only time we are required to recite the Glorious Qur'an in Arabic. The rest of the time we can read translations along side the Arabic text.  The Glorious Qur'an was revealed in Arabic by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to His last Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and He has instructed us to pray this way. It is that simple.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:50am
Originally posted by ChrisNo1 ChrisNo1 wrote:

Actually, every Muslim here can bear witness that when I said, "If you think you can do better than Allah, then let us see you write a book that can compare to the Holy Quran. And if you cannot, then write just one chapter that compares. And if you cannot, and you surely cannot, then know Allah is God and there is no God beside Him.", that I was quoting from Allah's arguement that he gave to Muhammad (saw) to defeat the arguements of his enemies.

Your problem is not with me. You are really angry with Allah over how He decided to write His Book. So, go and fight against Allah if you want to. I will not fight over you over this.

For you is what you earn, and for me is what I earn.

If you choose Islam for yourself, good for you.

Best of luck.

Questions are a natural phenomena when wanting to know information on a religion, that shouldn�t offend you blond. It doesn�t mean I want a fight with you or Allah! If you cannot answer my question blond then please just say you can�t.

Don�t tell me Arabic is the most precise language known to man kind without any evidence except the Koran! Like I said, God can make any book precise through any language! Asking me whether I can write a better book than the Koran is nonsense, the Koran whether you believe it or not will always be unique book through the end of time.

I will ask you a question do you think you could write a better book than the bible? Well it�s obvious you can�t, so is that proof for you to become a Christian? I thought not. Everybody on this board has answered my questions and there points have been valid, yours however are not! When answering questions please Don�t compare me to God, and Don�t tell me the Koran is proof! Just answer the question and if not move along.

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

Ok.

ChrisNo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 3:52pm

Actually, every Muslim here can bear witness that when I said, "If you think you can do better than Allah, then let us see you write a book that can compare to the Holy Quran. And if you cannot, then write just one chapter that compares. And if you cannot, and you surely cannot, then know Allah is God and there is no God beside Him.", that I was quoting from Allah's arguement that he gave to Muhammad (saw) to defeat the arguements of his enemies.

Your problem is not with me. You are really angry with Allah over how He decided to write His Book. So, go and fight against Allah if you want to. I will not fight over you over this.

Best of luck.

[/QUOTE]

Questions are a natural phenomena when wanting to know information on a religion, that shouldn�t offend you blond. It doesn�t mean I want a fight with you or Allah! If you cannot answer my question blond then please just say you can�t.

Don�t tell me Arabic is the most precise language known to man kind without any evidence except the Koran! Like I said, God can make any book precise through any language! Asking me whether I can write a better book than the Koran is nonsense, the Koran whether you believe it or not will always be unique book through the end of time.

I will ask you a question do you think you could write a better book than the bible? Well it�s obvious you can�t, so is that proof for you to become a Christian? I thought not. Everybody on this board has answered my questions and there points have been valid, yours however are not! When answering questions please Don�t compare me to God, and Don�t tell me the Koran is proof! Just answer the question and if not move along.

Thanks

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 5:14am

To ask whether I can do better than Allah is pretty stupid considering I never implied I could. You are absolutely correct about programming languages having flaws but my argument wasn�t if the Qu�ran had a flaw or not! The point I was trying to make is Arabic was spoken before the Prophet Mohammad�s birth, A time when the Arab tribes were worshiping pagan Gods! God chose Mohammad because he was the right man to do the Job! Allah didn�t teach Mohammed a new holy language, Allah communicated to him through the language he already knew which was �Arabic�. To say Arabic is scientifically the most precise and perfect language would need some real study! If your point is the Qu�ran is perfect because Allah created it then you would have a point. But please bear in mind, If Allah created the Qu�ran in any language i.e. Zulu, French or English it would still be perfect because God can make things that are impossible - possible!

Best of luck.

Edited by blond
ChrisNo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:48pm

To ask whether I can do better than Allah is pretty stupid considering I never implied I could. You are absolutely correct about programming languages having flaws but my argument wasn�t if the Qu�ran had a flaw or not! The point I was trying to make is Arabic was spoken before the Prophet Mohammad�s birth, A time when the Arab tribes were worshiping pagan Gods! God chose Mohammad because he was the right man to do the Job! Allah didn�t teach Mohammed a new holy language, Allah communicated to him through the language he already knew which was �Arabic�. To say Arabic is scientifically the most precise and perfect language would need some real study! If your point is the Qu�ran is perfect because Allah created it then you would have a point. But please bear in mind, If Allah created the Qu�ran in any language i.e. Zulu, French or English it would still be perfect because God can make things that are impossible - possible!

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:48am

Maths can be performed procise in any language if I'm not mistaken. Programming languages used for huge mathematical functions are usually written in part - english!

If you are saying there are codes written within the writing in the Qu'ran then someone who knows arabic wouldn't be able to see or work out the Maths!

The languages of all the great prophets was not arabic, and one of the greatest 'Isa' was not arabic. Arabic was the chosen language because of Mohammed! If Mohammed lived in the Urkrain then Ukrainian would be the Chosen language for the Qu'ran.

If you say Arabic is the most finest language in the world then there would be some debate on that! I'm not saying It's a bad language, I think people outside of Islam wouldn't always agree.

All of the prophets spoke either Arabic or a dialect thereof, i.e. Aramaic and Hebrew. And there were no computer programmers when the Books were written, nor when they were revealed. And yet, the language used is perfect.

If you think you can do better than Allah, then let us see you write a book that can compare to the Holy Quran. And if you cannot, then write just one chapter that compares. And if you cannot, and you surely cannot, then know Allah is God and there is no God beside Him.

As for computer programming languages, they are so very inaccurate and mathematically imperfect that every program written has major flaws (bugs). I know because I am a programmer. Sorry, but your arguement fails under scrutiny.

I really don't care whether you believe or disbelieve, it is immaterial with me. Take it, or let it alone.

29. Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the disbelievers, compassionate among themselves. Thou seest them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking Allah�s grace and pleasure. Their marks are on their faces in consequence of prostration. That is their description in the Torah -- and their description in the Gospel -- like seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers on account of them. Allah has promised such of them as believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

Edited by blond
ChrisNo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:20pm

Maths can be performed procise in any language if I'm not mistaken. Programming languages used for huge mathematical functions are usually written in part - english!

If you are saying there are codes written within the writing in the Qu'ran then someone who knows arabic wouldn't be able to see or work out the Maths!

The languages of all the great prophets was not arabic, and one of the greatest 'Isa' was not arabic. Arabic was the chosen language because of Mohammed! If Mohammed lived in the Urkrain then Ukrainian would be the Chosen language for the Qu'ran.

If you say Arabic is the most finest language in the world then there would be some debate on that! I'm not saying It's a bad language, I think people outside of Islam wouldn't always agree.

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:37am

Hello Everyone, peace be with your all or in arabic Salamailakum

Hello, I just wanted to know why 'arabic' is such an important element in islam. Arabic however is only a language. I am not saying its a bad language and that its not rich! Love, Peace, Submition can be expressed in all languages.

Mosques quote the Qu'ran in arabic, and say their prayers in Arabic. This is ofcourse understandable in the middle east were most people speak arabic.

When I went to Turkey the mosques said there prayers in 'Arabic' but most Turks I met didn't understand a thing except for a few words. That also extends to other muslim in non arabic-countries.

My girlfriend who is Turkish knows all the arabic prayers but doesn't have a clue what they mean (word for word). This means the prayer is void because the person saying the word feels nothing. If it was said in their own language then the prayer would allow that person to relate to it more.

Maybe I am arrogant and I'm missing something here. I understand that It's nice because Mohammed spoke the language and all the other prophets spoke semetic languages.

If anyone can explain please do?

According to what little I know, Arabic is the the Original language of Allah. It is the finest, most mathematically precise language. No mistakes can be claimed because the exact thought of Allah is given.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic