IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zina  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 7:27am

Human,

From a Non Muslim  to a Non Muslim.  That was poor advice.  This girl is dealing with an issue that very sensitive and you need to stay out of it. 

In this day and age is more important to tell young women its OKAY to say NO.  Too many girls feel societal pressure to HAVE sex, not religious pressure to abstain.

They do need to be told that its good to wait till marriage, even if they aren't religious.  In this case, her immortal soul is at risk because of her religious beliefs.  Let Rami and Khadija and the other muslims here give her advice on it and stay out of it.  Its not your place.

human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:00am

Dear Angela,

Thanks for your advise. I will try to keep out of such things. However, if you read my whole post you will see that I am saying the same things, for non-religious reasons.

Regards,

Human

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:17am

Bismillah, In God's name,

This is a religions forum, Human!  Religious reason one:  Obey God.  Religious reason two:  God advises us to do things that are good for us.  So all the seemingly non-religious good reasons not to do it are really God's reasons too.  Think about it.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:27am

Human,

I clearly stated that if someone chooses to be Muslim then they prioritize their life around Allah. 

2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

I never said anyone has to live by what someone else interpretation of the Qur�an.  We are told in the Qur�an that if we (each person) is to read and learn the Qur�an.  If there is something in the Qur�an which they do not understand, then they should turn to the life of the Prophet (pbuh) through his Sunnah for the answer.  If they are still not clear what to do they are to turn to others in the community who are more knowledge than they are to help them understand the issue they are having difficulty understanding. 

I realize there are many sects in Islam but I also know that not only does a person not have to be a member of any of these sects; they are warned in both the Qur�an and Sunnah to not split into sects.

6:159 As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

Although many Muslims believe that we must follow a particular school of scholars, there is no proof of this in the Qur�an or Sunnah.  I�m not saying that we should not turn to scholars in order to become more knowledgeable; however, it is not obligatory that we follow this or that scholar.  It is only obligatory that if we don�t understand some aspect of the Qur�an or Sunnah that we seek help from other Muslims in the community who are more knowledgeable than we are in order to help us resolve the issue.

I�m sorry if you think I live on a high horse.  Muslims are clearly told in the Qur�an to be careful from whom they seek advice because:

7:21 He (Shaytan) swore to them, 'I am one of those who give you good advice.'

Allah also states that we are not to listen to the advice of those who are not Muslim when it comes to the way we are to live our life:

25:52 Therefore listen not to the unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an).

If a person wants to live the life of Islam (which literally means submitting their will to Allah), then he/she will seek the advice of his/her brethren and not those who will lead them to do something other than what Allah commands through the Qur�an.

10:105 "And further (thus): 'set thy face towards religion with true piety, and never in any wise be of the unbelievers;

I know you think I contradict myself but you simply don�t understand Islam so it is hard for you to see that there is no contradiction in what I said.  Allah knows all things and nothing happens unless Allah permits it to happen, that doesn�t mean that all things which come into being are things which are right or good for a Muslim to follow.  I never said that adolescence is an �evolutionary stage� so please don�t put those words into my mouth.  And I didn�t blaspheme so please don�t accuse me of doing so.  Allah doesn�t create all things that happen, He permits all things to come about in this world.  Because humans have freewill, they do create things in this world; however, no things come about unless Allah permits them to.  See the difference?  There is one.  Here is an ayat that shows this point clear:

30:41 Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the deed) that the hands of men have earned, that (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from Evil).

So, it is clear that some things come into being due to the actions of humans.  Allah permits those things not that He creates them. 

I never told you not to post here; however, as has been told to non-Muslims in the past, this site is an Islamic site; so, when a Muslim asks for advice; they should be advised according to what is correct in Islam and not according to what is right by the Torah or Gospels or some other faith or non-faith.  If you want to have discussions on our Islamic forum then it is best that you stick to threads where individuals are not asking for advice.  There is a non-Muslim on this forum who gives advice to Muslim but she does so in accordance to the Qur�an which she studies and has knowledge.   If she doesn�t have Islamic knowledge regarding an issue, she simply reframes from giving advice, which by the way is what Muslims are told to do too. 

3:66 Ah! Ye are those who fell to disputing (Even) in matters of which ye had some knowledge! but why dispute ye in matters of which ye have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and ye who know not!

6:144 �But who doth more wrong than one who invents a lie against Allah, to lead astray men without knowledge? For Allah guideth not people who do wrong.

I am not trying to be rude.  If I were to visit a forum group that was other than Muslim, I would not be giving advice if others were asking for it unless they specifically asked for an Islamic opinion or if I knew enough about their belief system to advise them according to it.  There is a difference between threads where Muslims are asking advice on how to live right in Islam and threads which are for discussing a particular topic of interest and I don�t think it is too difficult to distinguish between the two of them.

I don�t know why you think I don�t respect your opinions.  I do.  You have the right to believe and live however you want to; however, when it comes to advising Muslims on how to live their lives, that is not your territory.

PAZ

Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
ayesha17 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayesha17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 10:38am

Salaam all,

I feel very bad and giulty still.

"In this case, her immortal soul is at risk because of her religious beliefs."

I agree with this, I was trying to find words for how i feel.

I feel I can no longer judge somebody, before I did that sin, If a women came to me with the same problem, or someone came to tlak to me with no hijab, I would look down on her, beucase I felt she lower then me. I know its wrong to feel that way, but thats what I felt. I would sooner slap her then help her, and I would scorn her, even if she was coming to me for help, or someone to talk too. Even if she repented.

I guess this will leave a mark for the rest of my life, and people of this form will look down on me. But thats ok, I desrvere it.

Human, this will sound harsh to you, But do you know the pently for Zina in my religion? I don't think they pracice it much any more, but it still scared me, since khadija said what I did was still Zina.

Is what I did still Zina?

human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 10:51am

Dear Ayesha,

If my memory serves right, the penalty for zina could be death by stoning. Excepting a few countries that are a blot on the humanity, I don't believe this is in practice now.

I am sorry that you are feeling so low at this time. I am a firm believer in forgiveness and forgiving the self is most important. We all make mistakes, but we have a lot more to give to ourselves and to the humanity. So there is nothing that "blots" you for lifetime, not even zina. Do some introspection and examine your beliefs and practices. I am sure you will find the right path.

My best wishes are with you.

Regards,

Human

ayesha17 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayesha17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:17pm

"Do some introspection and examine your beliefs and practices"

Human, there is nothing for me to examine, I am very happy being Muslim, My religion holds a lot of value to me.

Maybe you are confused of why I brought the penlty of Zina up, I said it because even though they don't praice it, it still scared me.

I love Allah, I just hope He can love me again.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:35pm

Ayshea judging from your last sentence I hope Allah forgives you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic