IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The virtues of Holy Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The virtues of Holy Quran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The virtues of Holy Quran
    Posted: 18 February 2006 at 7:20am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

The virtues of Holy Quran and some of its chapters and verses

Uthman bin affan (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �The best of you are those who learn the Quran and teach it (Al-Bukhari no.5027)

Uqbah bin Amir (ra) said that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) came out (from his house) and we were on the porch (as-suffah). So he said, �who of you would like to go out in the morning to the valley of Buthan or Al-aqeeq and come back with two large she-camels without commiting any sin or severing the family ties? We replied, �O Messenger (saw) of Allah swt! All of us would li8ke this, �So he said, �would one of you not go to the masjid and learn or recite two verses from the book of Allah? That would be better for him than two she-camels.  And three verses would be better for him than three she-camels. And four verses would be better than four she-camels, and whatever their number may be of camels.� (Muslim no.803)

Aisha (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �the one who recites the Quran proficiently will be with the noble ambassador angels, and the one who stumbles through its recitation with difficulty, he will get two rewards.� (agreed upon)

Ibn Masud (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah swt, will get a good deed, and a good deed is rewarded ten fold. I am not saying that Alif, Lam, Meem are counted as one letter. Rather, Alif is counted as a letter, Lam is counted as a letter, and Meem is counted as a letter.� (At-Tirmidhi no.2910)

Muadh al-juhani (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever recites Quran and acts according to what is in it, (this act) will cause his parents to be given a crown to wear on the day of Judgement. Its light will be brighter than the light of the sun if it were in your houses in this worldly life. So what do you think about the one who acts according to this?!� (Ahmad 3:440)

Abdullah bin Amr (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �it will be said to the reciter of the Quran: �Read and ascend! And chant as you used to chant in the worldly life.  For verily, your station (in paradise) will be at the last verse that you recite.� (Ahmad 2:192)

Umar bin Al-khattab (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Verily, Allah swt elevates some people with this Book (Quran) and he debases other with it.� (Muslim no.817)

Abu Sa'id Al-Mu'alla (ra) narrated that While I was praying, the Prophet called me but I did not respond to his call. Later I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I was praying." He said, "Didn't Allah say: 'O you who believe! Give your response to Allah (by obeying Him) and to His Apostle when he calls you'?" (8.24)  He then said, "Shall I not teach you the most superior Surah in the Qur'an?" He said, '(It is),  'Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. ' (i.e., Surat Al-Fatiha) which consists of seven repeatedly recited Verses and the Magnificent Qur'an which was given to me." (Al-Bukhari 4474)

Abu Umamah (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi at the end of every obligatory prayer, nothing will prevent him from entering into paradis except that he must (first) die.� (An-nasai �Amal Al-yawm wal-laylah no.100)

Ibn Masud (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever recites the last two verses of Surat Al-Baqarah during the night, they will be sufficient for him.� (Agreed upon)

Abu Said Al-khudri (ra) reported that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever reciteds Surat Al-Kahaf on the day of Jumuah (Friday) then he will be given a light between the two Jumuahs (the Friday and the following Friday) (Al-Baihaqi 3:249)

Abu Ad-Darda (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever memorizes ten verses from the beginning of Surat Al-Kahaf, he will be saved from the trial of the Antichrist (Ad-Dajjal).� (Muslims no.809)

Abu Hurairah narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) used to recite Surat Al-Sajdah and Surat Al-Insan in the morning prayer on Friday.� (Al-Bukhari no.891)

Jabir (ra) said that Allah swt�s Messenger (saw) would never go to sleep until he recited Surat Al-Sajdah and Surah Al-Mulk. (Ahmad 3:340)

A companion went to a place and raised his tent on a grave, unaware that it was a grave. Then he heard some one reciting Surat Al-Mulk until the end.  The companion went to the Prophet (saw) and told him about it. The Prophet (saw) said, �This Surah is the shield and rescuer which will save him from the torment (punishment) of Allah swt.� (Tirmidhi 2890)

Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever reads Surat Ya-Sin in the night, he will be forgiven. And Whoever reads Ha-Mim, the one in which smoke is mentioned, he will be forgiven.� (Abu Ya�la 384)

Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever recites Surat Ad-Dukhan every night, seventy thousand angels will ask forgiveness for him.� (Tirmidhi 28888)

Ibn Abbas (ra) narrated that Allah swt�s messenger (saw) said, �Whoever recites Surat Al-Waqiah every night will be protected from poverty and need. Whosoever recites Surat Al-Qiyamah every night, will come before Allah swt on the Day of Judgement and his face will be shining like the moon of the fourteenth night.� (Kanzul Ummal 2700)

SubhanAllah

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic