IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Analyzing Whisper" (& board dynamics)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Analyzing Whisper" (& board dynamics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Analyzing Whisper" (& board dynamics)
    Posted: 21 February 2006 at 2:05pm

I see

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:06pm

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Why ?

Because it's St. John's wort.......Get your own wort.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 5:20pm
Why ?
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Cheers, Ketchup.  Be assured that I am careful when I take my daily kick-in-the-pants cocktail of St. John's wort, L-phenylalanine, Selenium and Zinc all mixed with organic wheat grass and carrot juice in a frosty, frothy blend.  Granted, it doesn't rev me up quite as much as the other stuff did, past tense, but I do tend to sleep much better at nights.  Come down to the colonies sometime and I will make you one (of the latter, that is).  Oh yes, did we mention ibuprofen ...?

Don't touch St. John's wort.

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 3:46pm

Cheers, Ketchup.  Be assured that I am careful when I take my daily kick-in-the-pants cocktail of St. John's wort, L-phenylalanine, Selenium and Zinc all mixed with organic wheat grass and carrot juice in a frosty, frothy blend.  Granted, it doesn't rev me up quite as much as the other stuff did, past tense, but I do tend to sleep much better at nights.  Come down to the colonies sometime and I will make you one (of the latter, that is).  Oh yes, did we mention ibuprofen ...?

Thank you, Angela, and given that we have a common heritage, I can say it no better than was said:  Matthew 5:6.  Carry on and, "some glad morning," may we  be filled!

Gracias (I'm getting tired of saying thank you), Herjihad, and my knowledge of US history -or of anything, for that matter- is at best sketchy and superficial.  I can tell you, in answer to your question, that even though I don't know the story about Guyasutta and George Washington and the Indian land, I already don't like the sounds of it because it might make me want to play the Imperialist and say things like Sir Winston Churchill said about India and others.  On the other hand, now that I think about it, I am prepared for practically anything because, when I am at Barnes & Noble, I do sometimes sneak a guilty peak at Howard Zinn's obviously pinko and therefore irrelevant A Peoples' History of the USA.  That (rather verbosely) said, and if you care to, please do continue.  I am interested.

Finally, Khadija, I do appreciate both the time and the effort that you took to compose your post.  I read and understood it all.  Although it might seem a bit hopeless, or at least filled with disillusionment, I was reminded, especially when you spoke of the descent from the ideal (early Islamic ummah/early American nation) to the debased (current state of affairs) of this line from Wordsworth:

"Whither is fled the visionary gleam?

Where is it now, the glory and the dream?"

Best regards,

Serv  

Edited by Servetus
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 2:33am

It's ok I understand Whisper is the voice of Islam.

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 8:06pm

Bismillah,

Again, I agree with Tim.  The Provacateurs need kicked out so that they can spend more time with each other, and hopefully more in the library and playing soccer with the neighborhood kids.  They NEED these guys.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 12:29pm

Bro servetus I hope you are careful when using drugs.. I don't know what methamphetamine is but I'm guessing it is a stronger (more concentrated?) version of speed.

For the record I've only seen him negatively ranting.

Edited by Ketchup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic