IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Short Little Rant  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Little Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 1:20am
Angela,

I wasnt talking abuot ur $50.

I was talking abuo the eAID given to PAk from US.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 7:40am

Yes, AK, but a great deal of the Aid money sent to Pakistan was from private individuals and charities like the Red Cross, etc.

I just wish once, that those people burning cars and burning my flag could have seen the 200+ people of in my ward (local church), stuffing care packages.  Or the collection plates being passed in small town churches for aid money.

Or heck, the FIVE Mosques in my Area.  The people who go into those Mosques are American. 

I had one gentleman from Sudan tell me that though Bush is wrong with the Middle East, he loves America with all his heart.  His family is safe here and they have opportunity. 

Musharaf or however you spell his name is just another in a long line of Dictators on our side.  If you've noticed, we've quieted on Castro since he allowed us to put Guantanamo in his backyard.

But, BUSH is NOT America. 

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 10:28am

(Angela:) "I just wish once, that those people burning cars and burning my flag could have seen the 200+ people of in my ward (local church), stuffing care packages."

Be careful, Angela.  Don't wish that.  They probably would have shot them!  (Christians, despite their intentions, and by many accounts, are not faring too well in politically volatile Pakistan.)

"Rage [and Rant] Against the Machine!"  As for me and my house, well, it's not exactly a house, it's a recreational vehicle, I think it good for us to remember, in this and similar cases, that the symbol (flag) is not the thing in itself (USA).  (Not that you suggested otherwise.)  However much they might wish it to be so, as I see it, those who burn US flags in Pakistan are no more, in that act, able to actually scorch D.C. than those who draw caricatures of Muhammad engaged in morally repugnant acts (as UK's Independent reported of the Danish controversy) are able to actually harm the prophet of Islam.  But still, it can be annoying, to say the least. 

Serv

Edited by Servetus
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 11:40pm
I think, in those countries, buring of US flag is kind of cunning tool, used by right wing politicians to instigate the public, more against their own rulers than against any one else. Why "US flag"? Simply because, its easeir for them to link USA, the lone superpower of the world, to any trouble in any part of the world, through so called "conspiracy theories". The main bulk of masses, I think, are not part of them.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 12:04am

Salam,

In those nations, majority of the people read Qur'an without understanding it. Besides that, people called Maulvis who teach religion have no idea what Islam stands for. These Maulvis are different from educated scholars. Ignorant Maulvis and opportunist politicians incite such violent protests.

See here at the forum. Not a single member as far as I know would agree with violent protests such as hurting innocent civilians, damaging or burning property or burning flags etc.

We had couple of demonstrations in Canada and they were all peaceful. There was not a single violent incident. Even Prime Minister Stephen Harper appreciated the self restraint of Muslims. Why? Because Muslims are one of the world's most educated minorities here in Canada.

Hope these violent protests end as soon as possible. They only serve to derail the purpose of legitimate protest.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 8:16pm

I am new to this forum and frankly I don't understand the mentality of the middle-east Muslims. I believe that most are completely frustrated by being left behind in the middle ages when the rest of the world has evolved around them. I believe it is this pent up frustration of a thousand years of suffering under Islamic rule. However, if their leaders feel that what they have is better than the rest of what the world has to offer, why do Muslims flock to other countries? Isn't Islam against what the West is all about? WHy move to france and then protest? Why move to England and then protest? If you move form your homeland, you need to ablige by the rules of that country. You should not try to change the country to suite you. This is where you will fail.

Nigeria is pushing this cartoon thing into a religious war against Christians. That will be the downfall of Islam. Christains WILL fight back as they have in the past. This is a war that Islam cannot win.

The polical rhetoric agaist Bush is childish at best. We all know that this battle has been going on a lot longer than he has been in office.

They just don't get it!
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 8:09am
Originally posted by USA1 USA1 wrote:

I am new to this forum and frankly I don't understand the mentality of the middle-east Muslims. I believe that most are completely frustrated by being left behind in the middle ages when the rest of the world has evolved around them.

This could be considered as one possible reason. I may agree with you.

Quote  I believe it is this pent up frustration of a thousand years of suffering under Islamic rule.
This is a misconception spread intentionally/unintentionally by the media, simply because "Muslim" rulers is not the same as "Islamic" rulers. Think about it.

However, if their leaders feel that what they have is better than the rest of what the world has to offer, why do Muslims flock to other countries?
This is a very legitimate question to ask. Most of their leaders are not their representatives, they are just happen to be their rulers through any process, totally independantly of the wishes of their masses.

Isn't Islam against what the West is all about?
This is also a misconception. There are many good virtues in the west, that in fact, Islam proclaims, but yet glaringly missing in many Muslim countries.

WHy move to france and then protest? Why move to England and then protest? If you move form your homeland, you need to ablige by the rules of that country. You should not try to change the country to suite you. This is where you will fail.
They move, simply because of better living atmosphere than from their own country; not only for economics, but for those Islamic values that they strongly miss in their own. Yes, obeying the laws of the land is compulsory, however, it is not understood as how "protest" is unlawful in these countries? Isn't it the "freedom of expression" for their own feelings without hurting others?

Nigeria is pushing this cartoon thing into a religious war against Christians. That will be the downfall of Islam. Christains WILL fight back as they have in the past. This is a war that Islam cannot win.
Now, you example of Nigeria as comparison with those countries to where Muslims migrate is not understood. This is totally a different topic, Muslims vs Christians. Isn't it?

The polical rhetoric agaist Bush is childish at best. We all know that this battle has been going on a lot longer than he has been in office.
Politics is one thing which I always avoid to discuss. I hope you will excuse me for it.

emory View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 8:57am

I think some one other than GBush should be teaching folks about the Magna Carta and King john

this is what is at the heart of democracy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic