IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Short Little Rant  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Little Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Little Rant
    Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:41pm

I am new to this forum and frankly I don't understand the mentality of the middle-east Muslims. I believe that most are completely frustrated by being left behind in the middle ages when the rest of the world has evolved around them.

I enjoy the general American concept that Life is just about climbing a ladder - of some achievements. And, as if the entire world likes to become like the Americans.

I believe it is this pent up frustration of a thousand years of suffering under Islamic rule.

Great thesis! Could there be something like the US policies to do with this?

That would be worth thinking. Thinking is not a bad thing. You could even practice it in the commercial break. Or, better still, read some book.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 11:40am

Originally posted by USA1 USA1 wrote:

When I mention "protest" I should have stated "violent" protest.
Then, in that case, which violent protest in the west, are you taking about?

I guess I don't know the difference between Islamic rule and Muslim rule. I see no difference when policies are put in place.

All Muslims rulers doesn�t necessarily follow true Islam. To compare Muslim ruler with the teaching of Islam, can be a healthy exercise, that the Muslims should do, I can agree with that. But its totally irrational to judge the religion merely upon the bad policies of some countries.

29 INNOCENT people dead because of this cartoon.
None of them were non-Muslims, except the recent violence in Nigeria which has some other factors behind it and not just the cartoons. Mostly those who got killed are among those who exceeded the limits of the law.

This is what the West doen not understand. Christians do not like when Jesus is made fun of or blasfemed either but, we don't revert to this kind of violent protest.
Most of violance, has to do with some ulterior motives of politics, that has nothing to do with the cartoons, per say. Yes, our feelings got hurt, and we must protest, but not through violence.

On the other hand if this becomes a war of religion and Christians are attacked, everything will change for us all.
Yes, this may be true. But I wish it never happens that way.

One thing that is hindering Muslims around the world is the lack of leadership for true Islam. What we see of Isam is Hamas, Syria, Iran and some Clerics who call for death and destruction. Have a leader like the Pope to speak as a whole would help. The lack of this is what leads people to misconceptions. To let the media run the show is only hurting Islam. ALso, I believe that the media is what is stirring the Muslim riots and not really the fact of this cartoon. One cannnot fathom this kind of outrage without somebody fanning it's flame.
I agree with you, but with just a minor change that we don�t think there is any human worthy of acting on behalf of God. Yes, we do need a leader, but not like a pope, is all that I wanted to note the difference between.

���, I belive that deep in your heart you have a certain hatred for non-Muslims (Jews for one).
I don�t think you are very right in this. There is no hatred against any human what to talk about �people of the book�. Yes, Jews and Christian have been given this title by the Quran itself. It would be wrong to treat them otherwise. Historically, both Christians and Jews have been living under the Muslim rule without any such hatred that you have eluded. Its source, in your imagination, could be from the political dispute between Israel and Palestine, but that is not unreasonable to understand because of the unjustice done to the people of the region by the mighty aggressor. Again, its all politics, nothing to do with the religion. However, I do know as how my Christian brothers view the Jews, not just through the historical point of view but from the religious point as well.  

Perception to the world should be the mission of Islam. Frankly, I don;t think you can stop this violence without war of some sort. Unfortunatley it will be in a country that you no longer live in.
To some extent, I agree with you, though I am not living permanently in this country.

To leave this to the radical countries liek IRan and Syria will not portray Islam in the most favorable light to the world.

This is just my observations from the media and many of these forum sites.

I don�t think Iran or Syria can be considered as radical from religious point of view, not the Syria at least, though both could have anti-American policies. I hope you would not like to sing the song of Bush admin blindly.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:51am

Sister Herjihad, Assalamu Alaikum:

You may have hit on something, the CIA does use covert ways to cause trouble when need be... There is proof all throughout history.

USA1: There are no true Islamic rulers at this time. True Islamic rule would not be a hardship or cause suffering, but would be something all Muslims would welcome and flock toward. However, it doesn't exist, especially in the Middle East where most of the governments are propped up by foreign countries who dictate a lot of what happens. When someone steps out of line: Saddam in Iraq, you see what happened there, Syria and Iran now, then they are put back in their place.

A lot of the anger felt in the Middle East towards the West has to do with this meddling and the fact that these most times brutal regimes are kept in place by the West until they are no longer needed.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:26am

Bismillah,

I wish that they could see a video of your ward packaging aid for the earthquake victims.  That would be productive pr.  We have to work together to combat the negative pr that is so abundant.  The message:  There ARE people in America who care about others just for the sake of their love of God!

(Flag burning -- not for me, but wasn't American Flag Burning started in America to protest things like the Vietnam war?  I think it is a symbol of protest against the government, not the people.)

Some people think that America has operatives around the world dedicated to stirring up trouble when such stirring is required to detract from other things the sneaky American operatives are stirring up.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
emory View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 8:19pm
all these newbies, I  among the lot.

He or She who call's them selves 'usa....blah, blah blah'  can;t we just remain a little more civil here?

George washington wrote the most lovely of books: George Washington's Rules of Decent Behavior and Conversation.  This book is readily Available in the Global Market as are the Charicatures.   I Think The Washington book is more cogent to our mutual survival.

However it must be said....  Well I'll leave it unsaid.
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 4:13pm

When I mention "protest" I should have stated "violent" protest.

I guess I don't know the difference between Islamic rule and Muslim rule. I see no difference when policies are put in place.

29 INNOCENT people dead because of this cartoon.

This is what the West doen not understand. Christians do not like when Jesus is made fun of or blasfemed either but, we don't revert to this kind of violent protest.

On the other hand if this becomes a war of religion and Christians are attacked, everything will change for us all.

One thing that is hindering Muslims around the world is the lack of leadership for true Islam. What we see of Isam is Hamas, Syria, Iran and some Clerics who call for death and destruction. Have a leader like the Pope to speak as a whole would help. The lack of this is what leads people to misconceptions. To let the media run the show is only hurting Islam. ALso, I believe that the media is what is stirring the Muslim riots and not really the fact of this cartoon. One cannnot fathom this kind of outrage without somebody fanning it's flame.

Until the world sees some outrage from Islam, I fear that the general consensus of Islam will be a religion of violent behavour and hatred for the "non-beleivers". Although I am sure many understand tolerance, I belive that deep in your heart you have a certain hatred for non-Muslims (Jews for one).

Perception to the world should be the mission of Islam. Frankly, I don;t think you can stop this violence without war of some sort. Unfortunatley it will be in a country that you no longer live in. To leave this to the radical countries liek IRan and Syria will not portray Islam in the most favorable light to the world.

This is just my observations from the media and many of these forum sites.

They just don't get it!
emory View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 8:57am

I think some one other than GBush should be teaching folks about the Magna Carta and King john

this is what is at the heart of democracy

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 8:09am

I am new to this forum and frankly I don't understand the mentality of the middle-east Muslims. I believe that most are completely frustrated by being left behind in the middle ages when the rest of the world has evolved around them.

This could be considered as one possible reason. I may agree with you.

Quote  I believe it is this pent up frustration of a thousand years of suffering under Islamic rule.
This is a misconception spread intentionally/unintentionally by the media, simply because "Muslim" rulers is not the same as "Islamic" rulers. Think about it.

However, if their leaders feel that what they have is better than the rest of what the world has to offer, why do Muslims flock to other countries?
This is a very legitimate question to ask. Most of their leaders are not their representatives, they are just happen to be their rulers through any process, totally independantly of the wishes of their masses.

Isn't Islam against what the West is all about?
This is also a misconception. There are many good virtues in the west, that in fact, Islam proclaims, but yet glaringly missing in many Muslim countries.

WHy move to france and then protest? Why move to England and then protest? If you move form your homeland, you need to ablige by the rules of that country. You should not try to change the country to suite you. This is where you will fail.
They move, simply because of better living atmosphere than from their own country; not only for economics, but for those Islamic values that they strongly miss in their own. Yes, obeying the laws of the land is compulsory, however, it is not understood as how "protest" is unlawful in these countries? Isn't it the "freedom of expression" for their own feelings without hurting others?

Nigeria is pushing this cartoon thing into a religious war against Christians. That will be the downfall of Islam. Christains WILL fight back as they have in the past. This is a war that Islam cannot win.
Now, you example of Nigeria as comparison with those countries to where Muslims migrate is not understood. This is totally a different topic, Muslims vs Christians. Isn't it?

The polical rhetoric agaist Bush is childish at best. We all know that this battle has been going on a lot longer than he has been in office.
Politics is one thing which I always avoid to discuss. I hope you will excuse me for it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic