IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feelings now since 9/11 - Share  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFeelings now since 9/11 - Share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 4:18pm
You are wellcome Pauline.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
JWNew View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 11:38pm
Thanks for the replies, ive been real busy lately and havnt had a chance to log on to the internet..

Edit: i just read the replies, and it seems as if it ended up in a mess :/
well... i guess i got some insight in what some people think :s

Ill check back on this thread next week and see if theres any more replies worth taking into account when im doing my project ><

Edited by JWNew
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 3:35am

semar - i do not know what the point of your post is.  you seem to think you are informing me of something by proving the collusion of the west, notably the united states, in the invasion of east timor by the indonesians, and the subsequent massacres - in fact i have already pointed this out myself

"i think your quote that indonesia took east timor because they are catholic and have oil is fully wrong" - it is not a quote, it is a question from me

similarly, my "absurd statement" - "or was it to stifle the life out of christianity in that land" is not a statement, but a question.

your point that there was no christianity in east timor or indonesia before imperialism is irrelevant - it is there now, and has been for hundreds of years.  one of the links you posted makes the claim that muslims and christians co-exist peacefully in indonesia.  this may be true for many, but not for all, as can be seen by the dreadful persecution endured by christians at muslim hands in that land

http://www.compassdirect.org/content/index.php?id=15

use the search engine to find "indonesia"

are you labouring under the misapprehension that i am here to represent and defend the west?  such things as were perpetrated by the herman willem daendels of this world are indeed contrary to the mind and will of God as revealed in the new testament, as you correctly pointed out, but military conquest of other lands is very much part of islam, as can be seen by muhammads letter (supposedly inspired by the angel gabriel) to the omani people

Edited by fredifreeloader
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 6:45am
Is this another anti-Islamic point of view? There are a lot to argue if you keep taking NT into the picture. Islam, again do not preach to kill and same goes to the Christianity, none of the religion teaches anything about killing accept your preaching to relating your biase and discriminative points based on what media writes. Some medias are biase and prejudice so are you.

When you cross the road, look left and right. To be safe, look both side and not getting into trouble by looking at only one side. That's what you are doing.

Edited by pauline35
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 8:19am

pauline - what do you mean "another anti-islamic point of view"? - the fact is that christianity gives absolutely no reason to kill anyone, but islam gives plenty.  you only have to read the quran, the hadith and the books of sharia law to see that.  have you read any of them?  you also only have to consider what muhammad said and did.

while im sure you have many good points, pauline, you are undoubtedly one of the most biased persons i have come across in a long time. 

your statement "to be safe, look both side and not getting into trouble by looking at only one side"  is most enigmatic.  "safe" from whom?  who is going to get you into "trouble"?

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 8:58am
Why sound so edgy? Which fact says Christinity gives absolutely no reason to kill anyone? Is killing animal to atone your sins or sarcrifice your own child to GOD to prove your true love for GOD ABSOLUTELY NOT A KILLING?

Get your facts right..dude...The moral of the story is to GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 9:06am
once again pauline you speak without knowledge - killing animals to atone for sin or your own child to prove your love for God is not part of christianity - you have once again proved your complete ignorance of the holy faith of Christ (and yet you claim to be a christian). strange.
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 10:15am
Nope, I am not ignorant but that's what I read from the NT...dude or are you implying that the NT has been tampered? Clearly, it is you who are turning backwards and learning upside down. Prove that Islam teaches KILLING? If it deems so, why Muslim in Malaysia do not KILL Christian as what you were trying very hard to prove(East timorese)? If your points are not anti-Islamic, then what do you brand it? Loving Islam?

Edited by pauline35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic