IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is wrong with Islamic thinking?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is wrong with Islamic thinking?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Originally posted by JohnDM JohnDM wrote:

So a dog is the Destroyer of the Worlds.

Mmm

I don't know about destroyer of  worlds...but my dog does it's best to destroy my garden.

I was making a Birthday Cake the other day, had all the ingredients measured out on the table.. made the mistake of leaving the room.... the puppy consumed ounces of butter, Icing sugar and flour....

She's a cake.

fornasr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fornasr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 6:12am
John DM: Always remember, "Its by their fruits you shall know them."

Maybe it has something to do with their God not being a personal God so
no revelation enters the mind so humankind moves forward. 

I fail to see the superiority of reason to revelation. In a post-modern world, it has become painfully obvious that what has been constructed by reason can also be deconstructed by reason. So how is reason, alone, going to move humankind forward? Whose reasoning are we going to follow? The idea of a grand narrative based on human reasoning is dead.

Edited by fornasr
JohnDM View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 7:41am
When you walk with the Holy Ghost you can expect amazing revelations
from time to time.

Its all about a personal God.

Mmmm
"Ignorance is no refuge"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 8:45pm

the puppy picture, cute

Did anyone see the sniper kitty in the Youths section ?

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

So a dog is the Destroyer of the Worlds.

Mmm

I don't know about destroyer of  worlds...but my dog does it's best to destroy my garden.

I was making a Birthday Cake the other day, had all the ingredients measured out on the table.. made the mistake of leaving the room.... the puppy consumed ounces of butter, Icing sugar and flour....

She's a cake.

Ketchup, I did that once and forgot I had fish on the bench, salmon, my cat had a nice time

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 10:07pm

Maybe it has something to do with their God not being a personal God so
no revelation enters the mind so humankind moves forward. 

When you walk with the Holy Ghost you can expect amazing revelations
from time to time.

Its all about a personal God.

Mmmm

JohnDM, I think it�s about time someone asked you to do a bit more than simply throwing well worn clich�s out there and acting as if you have said something profound.  I am getting the feeling that you truly know nothing about Islam.

First of all, the God of the Gospels and the God of the Torah is the same God as Allah, the God of the Holy Qur�an.  Allah is the Arabic word meaning �The God� which refers to there being only ONE GOD�not many.  If your claim is that there is something wrong with Muslims because �their God� is not a �personal God�, then whatever you say about Islam must be equally true of Christianity and Judaism since all of the Holy Books share God as their common Lord, Creator, Most High. 

Second, the Holy Spirit of God (Allah) is not a Ghost.  It is literally the divine utterance of God and He gives the Holy Spirit to whom He wills.  Just as divine revelation was given to the Prophets Moses and Jesus (pbut), so too God sent the divine revelation to the Prophet Muhammad (pubh).

Maybe you should take some times to learn about Islam before you insult it.  When people speak without knowing what they are speaking of, it is a true sign of ignorance or arrogance.  It was you that said, �Its by their fruits you should know them.�  Right!  Or are you holding yourself to a different standard than you hold others?

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
JohnDM View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 10:37pm
You well know the difference between Islam and Christianity for it is only the
latter where God became a personal God.

And of the Son and Father is the Holy Ghost, usually called the Holy Spirit,
whom I say is the LAMB of God.

And our Faith says a person is a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

JDM

"Ignorance is no refuge"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic