IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - favourite ayah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

favourite ayah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favourite ayah
    Posted: 09 February 2006 at 7:10am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

though every letter of Holy Quran is a jewel but some times one ayah leaves more impact on u than other so im posting some ayaat which just leave me totally amazed.

Say: "If the sea were ink for the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if We brought like it for its aid.'' (18: 109)

this ayaah puts me in total awe of my lord subhanAllah

Allah will be pleased with them, and they well-pleased with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord.(98: 8)

blessed are the ones with whom there lord is happy with,

Should not He Who has created know And He is the Most Kind and Courteous, All-Aware (67: 14)

some times when it gets really difficult and I slip and then want to look for the right path this gives me hope that my dear lord knows me more than myself n inshaAllah will take me to right path

Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. Muhammad), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (3: 31)

this guides me to my way of life

And those foremost will be foremost. These will be the nearest (to Allah). In the Gardens of Delight (56: 10-12)

a hope, a wish, a dua

wassalam

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 7:30am

Assalamu alaikum,

"O ye who believe!  Stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of other to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice.  Be just: that is next to Piety; and fear Allah.  For Allah is well aquainted with all that ye do."  Qur'an 5:8"

This verse reminds me that though things are getting nasty in this world, fair dealing and justice are what Allah commands, and what we must strive for.

"No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have lorded it over others!  Glory to Allah!  (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him!"  Qur'an 23:91

This verse expresses what I had always thought in my heart and in my head, which made my Catholic upbringing such a confusing spiritual path.  When I first saw in the Qur'an what I had always thought, I knew I was finally on the right path, alhamdulillah!

"It is Allah who creates you and takes your souls at death; and of you there are some who are sent back to a feeble age, so that they know nothing after having known (much): for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Powerful."  Qur'an 16:70

This verse brings me great comfort as my brain cells continue to die away.  It lets me know that it is all part of Allah's plan for me and that I am in His hands.  Allah's powerful words in the Qur'an are indeed a Mercy and a Blessing to us all.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 3:15am

AssalamuAlaikum!

Or think that you will enter Paradise without such ( trials ) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When ( will come ) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

Qur'an 2: 214

The troubled situation that ummah is going through, the verse reminds us to remain strong in faith as Allah always tests the believers.

O mankind, verily We have created you from a single ( pair ) of a male and a female,  and have made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is the most righteous.

Qur'an 49: 13

This verse makes it clear in a very simplified way that origin of entire mankind is same, and that way we all are brothers and sisters. The "most righteous" is the most honoured in His sight. Language, culture, colour, one's national origin has no bearing in this regard.

O you who believe! Obey God, and obey the Messenger ( of God ) and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Messenger, if you do believe in God and the Last Day. That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

Qur'an 4: 59

Following this verse would unite the Ummah.

We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus, and that which was given to all Prophets from their Lord. We make no discrimination between one and another of them, and we bow to God.

Qur'an 2: 136

This shows Islam is unifying faith. Muslims have been asked to believe in all the Prophets and Messengers that were sent by God.

Invite ( all ) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For your Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path and who receive guidance.

Qur'an 16: 125

This verse guides us as to how to convey His message to the mankind Alhamdulillah.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 6:27am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

assalamu alaikum

might b just me but different days, different Ayaat move me and make me think

(This Day, We shall seal up their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their legs will bear witness to what they used to earn.36:65) This will be the state of the disbelievers and hypocrites on the Day of Resurrection, when they deny the sins they committed in this world and swear that they did not do that. Allah will seal their mouths and cause their limbs to speak about what they did. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "We were with the Prophet and he smiled so broadly that his molar could be seen, then he said: (Do you know why I am smiling) We said, `Allah and His Messenger know best.' He said: (Because of the way a servant will argue with his Lord on the Day of Resurrection. He will say, "O Lord, will You not protect me from injustice'' [Allah] will say, "Of course.'' He will say, "I will not accept any witness against me except from myself.'' [Allah] will say, "Today you will be a sufficient witness against yourself, and the honorable scribes will serve as witnesses against you.'' Then his mouth will be sealed, and it will be said to his faculties, "Speak!'' So they will speak of what he did. Then he will be permitted to speak, and he will say, "May you be doomed! It was for you that I was fighting.'')'' This was recorded by Muslim and An-Nasa'i.

Ibn Jarir narrated that Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "The believer will be called to account on the Day of Resurrection, and his Lord will show him his deeds, just between him and His Lord. He will admit it and will say, `Yes, O Lord, I did do that.' Then Allah will forgive him his sins and conceal them, and no creature on earth will see any of those sins, but his good deeds will be seen, and he will want all the people to see them. Then the disbeliever and the hypocrite will be brought to account, and his Lord will show him his deeds and he will deny them, saying, `O Lord, by Your glory, this angel has written down things that I did not do.' The angel will say to him, `Did you not do such and such on such a day and in such a place' He will say, `No, by Your glory, I did not do that.' When he says this, Allah will seal his mouth.'' Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "I think that the first part of his body to speak will be his right thigh.''

(83. Then why do you not (intervene) when it reaches Al-Hulqum) (84. And you at the moment are looking,) (85. But We are nearer to him than you, but you see not,) (86. Then why do you not -- if you are not Madinin) (87. Return the soul, if you are truthful) (Surah Waq'iah)

Allah the Exalted said, (Then why do you not (intervene) when it reaches), in reference to the soul, (Al-Hulqum), i.e., the throat, at the time of death. Allah the Exalted said in other Ayat, (Nay, when (the soul) reaches to the collar bone, and it will be said: "Who can cure him (and save him from death)'' And he will conclude that it was (the time) of parting (death); And one leg will be joined with another leg (shrouded). The drive will be on that Day to your Lord (Allah).)(75:26-30) Allah said here, (And you at the moment are looking,) at the dying person and witnessing the stupor of death that he is experiencing, (But We are nearer to him than you, ) with Our angels, (but you see not.) you cannot see the angels. Allah the Exalted said in another Ayah, (He is the Irresistible over His servants, and He sends guardians (angels) over you, until when death approaches one of you, Our messengers (angel of death and his assistants) take his soul, and they never neglect their duty. Then they are returned to Allah, their true Protector. Surely, for Him is the judgement and He is the swiftest in taking account.)(6:61-62) Allah's statement, (Then why do you not -- if you are not Madinin -- return the soul,) means, `Will you not return this soul, that has reached the throat, to its body as it used to be, if you are exempt from the reckoning and recompense' Sa`id bin Jubayr and Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: (Then why do you not -- if you are not Madinin. ..), "If you do not believe that you will be reckoned, recompensed, resurrected and punished, then why do you not return this soul to its body'' Mujahid said that, (...if you are not Madinin), means, "if you are not certain.''

tafsir taken from tafsir ibn kathir

wassalam

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 5:02am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

(1. Alif Lam Mim.) (2. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe,'' and will not be tested.) (3. And We indeed tested those who were before them so that Allah will indeed know those who are true, and He will know those who are liars.) (4. Or think those who do evil deeds that they can outstrip Us Evil is that which they judge!) Surah Al-Ankabut

as it recorded in the authentic Hadith: The people most severly tested are the Prophets, then the righteous, then the next best and the next best. A man will be tested in accordance with the degree of his religious commitment; the stonger his religious commitment, the stronger his test.

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as a niche and within it a lamp: the lamp is in a glass, the glass as it were a star Durriyyun, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow forth, though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything. (24:35)

`Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said:

(Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.) means, the Guide of the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth. Ibn Jurayj said: "Mujahid and Ibn `Abbas said concerning the Ayah:

(Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.) He is controlling their affairs and their stars and sun and moon.'' As-Suddi said concerning the Ayah:

(Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.) by His Light the heavens and earth are illuminated. In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that Ibn `Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "When the Messenger of Allah got up to pray at night, he would say:

(O Allah, to You be praise, You are the Sustainer of heaven and earth and whoever is in them. To You be praise, You are the Light of the heavens and the earth and whoever is in them. ) It was narrated that Ibn Mas`ud said, "There is no night or day with your Lord; the Light of the Throne comes from the Light of His Face.''

(The parable of His Light) There are two views concerning the meaning of the pronoun (His). The first is that it refers to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, meaning that the parable of His guidance in the heart of the believer is

(as a niche) This was the view of Ibn `Abbas. The second view is that the pronoun refers to the believer, which is indicated by the context of the words and implies that the parable of the light in the heart of the believer is as a niche. So the heart of the believer and what he is naturally inclined to of guidance and what he learns of the Qur'an which is in accordance with his natural inclinations are, as Allah says:

(Can they who rely on a clear proof from their Lord, and whom a witness from Him recites it (can they be equal with the disbelievers)) [11:17]. The heart of the believer in its purity and clarity is likened to a lamp in transparent and jewel-like glass, and the Qur'an and Shari`ah by which it is guided are likened to good, pure, shining oil in which there is no impurity or deviation.

(as (if there were) a niche) Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Muhammad bin Ka`b and others said, "This refers to the position of the wick in the lamp.'' This is well-known, and hence Allah then says:

(and within it a lamp.) This is the flame that burns brightly. Or it was said that the niche is a niche in the house. This is the parable given by Allah of obedience towards Him. Allah calls obedience to Him as light, then He calls it by other numerous names as well. Ubayy bin Ka`b said, "The lamp is the light, and this refers to the Qur'an and the faith that is in his heart.'' As-Suddi said, "It is the lamp.''

(the lamp is in a glass,) means, this light is shining in a clear glass. Ubayy bin Ka`b and others said, "This is the likeness of the heart of the believer.''

(the glass as it were a star Durriyyun,) Some authorities recite the word Durriyyun with a Dammah on the Dal and without a Hamzah, which means pearls, i.e., as if it were a star made of pearls (Durr). Others recite it as Dirri'un or Durri'un, with a Kasrah on the Dal, or Dammah on the Dal, and with a Hamzah at the end, which means reflection (Dir'), because if something is shone on the star it becomes brighter than at any other time. The Arabs call the stars they do not know Darari. Ubayy bin Ka`b said: a shining star. Qatadah said: "Huge, bright and clear.''

(lit from a blessed tree,) means, it is derived from olive oil, from a blessed tree.

(an olive,) This refers to the blessed tree mentioned previously.

(neither of the east nor of the west,) means, it is not in the eastern part of the land so that it does not get any sun in the first part of the day, nor is it in the western part of the land so that it is shaded from the sun before sunset, but it is in a central position where it gets sun from the beginning of the day until the end, so its oil is good and pure and shining. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Ibn `Abbas commented on:

(an olive, neither of the east nor of the west,) "This is a tree in the desert which is not shaded by any other tree or mountain or cave, nothing covers it, and this is best for its oil.'' Mujahid commented on:

(neither of the east nor of the west, ) saying; "It is not in the east where it will get no sun when the sun sets, nor is it in the west where it will get no sun when the sun rises, but it is in a position where it will get sun both at sunrise and sunset.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr commented:

(an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself)) "This is the best kind of oil. When the sun rises it reaches the tree from the east and when it sets it reaches it from the west, so the sun reaches it morning and evening, so it is not counted as being in the east or in the west.''

(whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it.) `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said (this means) because the oil itself is shining.

(Light upon Light!) Al-`Awfi narrated from Ibn `Abbas that this meant the faith and deeds of a person. As-Suddi said:

(Light upon Light!) "Light of the fire and the light of the oil: when they are combined they give light, and neither of them can give light without the other. Similarly the light of the Qur'an and the light of faith give light when they are combined, and neither can do so without the other.''

(Allah guides to His Light whom He wills.) means, Allah shows the way to the ones whom He chooses, as it says in the Hadith recorded by Imam Ahmad from `Abdullah bin `Amr, who said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah say:

(Allah created His creation in darkness, then on the same day He sent His Light upon them. Whoever was touched by His Light on that day will be guided and whoever was missed will be led astray. Hence I say: the pens have dried in accordance with the knowledge of Allah, may He be glorified.)''

(And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.) Having mentioned this parable of the Light of His guidance in the heart of the believer, Allah ends this Ayah with the words:

(And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.) meaning, He knows best who deserves to be guided and who deserves to be led astray. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

Hearts are of four kinds: the heart that is clear like a shining lamp; the heart that is covered and tied up; the heart that is upside-down; and the heart that is clad in armor. As for the clear heart, it is the heart of the believer in which is a lamp filled with light; as for the covered heart, this is the heart of the disbeliever; as for the upside-down heart, this is the heart of the hypocrite, who recognizes then denies; as for the armor-clad heart, this is the heart in which there is both faith and hypocrisy. The parable of the faith in it is that of legume, a sprout that is irrigated with good water, and the likeness of the hypocrisy in it is that of sores that are fed by blood and pus. Whichever of the two prevails is the characteristic that will dominate.) Its chain of narrators is good (Jayyid) although they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it.

(tafsir taken from tafsir ibn kathir)

Wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic