IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why dictators rule the Mulsim countries?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why dictators rule the Mulsim countries?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why dictators rule the Mulsim countries?
    Posted: 06 February 2006 at 6:19am

Salaam

The other day some one raised this question "Why dictators rule the Mulsim countries? and so easily.

In our opinion the reason for this failure is the lack of the �Middle Management�; the structure of Muslim societies is polarized into the individuals and governors. The lack of the social organizations that fill the void between those poles make it easy for the dictators to rule. This is rather surprising when we have always had references to the need for those organizations in Quran itself.

For a fuller discussion see this essay

http://clearvision.com.pk/perspectives.php?func=show&id= 47

Edited by smanzoor
Best Regards
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 4:15pm
because western power support them
candor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:08am
Dictatorship is not restricted only a,\monsgst Muslim. Many countries in Latin America are also ruled by dictators supported by the West.
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:29am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Maybe the reason you have more than your fair share of dictators is because you spend so much time blaming outsiders for your woes, you give your dictators a free run dictatoring (?) ...your masses......

;--)

Perhaps that is why your dictators don't mind the odd embassy burning episode.....It draws attention away from their excesses.  ;--)

smanzoor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 5:36am

At the beginning please let me say that NO OFFENSE IS INTENDED

I think the question is valid and merits a serious discussion and some research. I am sorry to say whenever such a question is posted our members react with these flying one liners.

My friends, this is a serious issue and Muslims must think about it. It is not enough to blame others for our misdeeds or compare with people who are unfortunately in worse state.

With this attitude we can never get out of the mess our dictators have created.

And to my friend candor, Imagine someone has a serious health problem and he goes to the doctor and the doctor say don't worry many people in madagascar has the same problem. how should the person react?

I think we should think on these lines and do some research

1) There are no social networks or institutions in the Muslim World to resist the dictators because centuries of dictator rule has destroyed such networks

2) We breed a young generation after a young generation of people who donot use intellects. They are taught that all the problems are created by outsiders and you are not only one with these disease. So learn to live like a slave.

Now in the light of this study the concept of Ad-deen in Quran. This was the purpose of my post. That Ad-deen is teaching us to build communities based on principles so that a just and equitable system can evolve.

I hope the members of this forum will share their thoughts

Edited by smanzoor
Best Regards
Clear Vision Pakistan
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 8:00am

Bismillah,

I have to disagree with the basic premise of your question.  America is called a democracy because supposedly the majority of the people elect our leaders.  The democrats, who won the last election by a majority of the votes, still did not get their man into office.  What happened?  That's a big question, but conspiracy theorists easily say that it was a fixed election and power and money controlled it in the end.

I contend that power and money are the dictators in America, That prevarications guide the people, and thus they really have no control over who they vote for, that Americans are mind-controlled and do not know it.  Those of us who have discovered these lies are in the minority, but we are freer than the others.

Also, I call into question the basic guiding rules of democracy as being a just, equitable way to govern. ( Now, I must admit that my brainiac brother put this idea into my head, and it won't go away.)  Simply stated, but not as convincingly and eloquently as he:  WHY is it fair that 51% of the people get to decide everything for the other 49%?  Maybe if we had a dictator without the fascade of holding elections, then we would have just as few people satisfied with our input into the political process and how it affects our lives.

So to your question, and sorry for taking my time getting to it.  In my opinion the best way for us, all of us, to take control of the political process is through grass roots organization which we develop individually in our own local areas and then combine with like organizations as we start to bump borders with them.

Do you guys remember the video, I think Dayyem posted, about the different ways to fold a prayer rug?  Our constant need to be right about everything and lack of ability to truly give up our petty ideas and needs and wants for the sake of the greater good will continue to hinder our development of powerful grass roots organizations.

As a young woman I could have contributed much more to my community, but for the fact that it was clearly stated repeatedly that women's input was not required, just our labor.  I challenge the Muslims worldwide to involve their families in community decision making.  Women and children know what is going on - what problems need solved.  Without the input of our ideas and energy, how will anyone succeed?  When the men only consider conundrums worth adressing if they come from the men's thought processes, many situations will develop and difficulties will fester before the men notice anything is wrong. 

Nip it in the bud, Sheriff Andy, nip it in the bud.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
smanzoor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

So to your question, and sorry for taking my time getting to it.  In my opinion the best way for us, all of us, to take control of the political process is through grass roots organization which we develop individually in our own local areas and then combine with like organizations as we start to bump borders with them.

I think you answered the question above. It is the grassroot organizations which are either missing or in a shambles in all the Muslim countries.

The absence of such organizations leave the field open to anybody with the power to rule. These dictators do whatever is necessary to continue their rule. They are the players and themselves the judges and the masses are mere spectators.

In this perspective if we study the concept of Ad-deen in Quran, you cannot fail to notice that Ad-deen is the system of the "middle community". about which Quran says " you are the best of the peoples ever raised up from humankind; you enjoin good things and stop from the bad........"(3:110)

And of those whom we have created, there is a community who guides with the truth, and establishes justice therewith (7:181)

So when it is said establish Ad-deen it means establish the just system.

In summary what is missing in Muslim societies is this middle community which can provide the necessary system of check and balances. The need of the time is study Ad-deen as a system of organization for Muslim communities (the grassroot organizations we discussed above).

Salaam

Edited by smanzoor
Best Regards
Clear Vision Pakistan
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Maybe the reason you have more than your fair share of dictators is because you spend so much time blaming outsiders for your woes, you give your�dictators a free run dictatoring (?) ...your masses......

;--)

Perhaps that is why your dictators don't mind the odd embassy burning episode.....It�draws attention away from�their excesses.� ;--)

who supported Saddam? Who supported Bin Ladin? who supported Tablian? who supported Shah of Iran? who supports King of saudi Arabia?

USA installs oppressive regimes on peoples land and asks them why you hate us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic