IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help with interpreting dream after istikhara  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with interpreting dream after istikhara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymousmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with interpreting dream after istikhara
    Posted: 15 April 2016 at 1:52pm
I am a muslim woman, who has recently started to pray namaz more regularly and turn to Allah for guidance. I feel so much closer to Allah now that I am praying and it is helping me significantly to be optimistic in life.

I recently got divorced and went through my iddat period. I left my exhusband because he was physically and mentally abusive towards me and I just could not put up with it any longer.

I have recently been introduced to a man who is nearly 11 years older than me and we get along really well. I can see a future in it, despite the age gap. It has been arranged through parents and we are only talking over the phone.

Before I got married to my exhusband, I did have previous boyfriends. I realise now that I was completely reckless and feel ashamed of my past actions.

Because my relationship with my exhusband went so badly wrong, I don't trust my own judgement. My parents are not too sure whether this recent proposal will work out and I don't trust myself.

Therefore, I started praying istikhara four nights ago, in hope that Allah would guide me. I want to know if I should marry this man, who I can see myself becoming a better person with. He always encourages me to pray and he always talks about us getting closer to our religion together.

I have not spoken to him for the last four days because I didn't want him to cloud my judgement. Each night, I have prayed just before going to bed and have had a dream. However, each night I have had a dream about an expartner.

I am getting really worried because I don't know what to make of it. I want to be happy and have inner peace and I do strongly feel that I will get it from the recent proposal. Yet I am having silly dreams about people that I no longer speak to or even think of. Is this a sign that I am confused as to whether I should marry this man?

Also, I have read that colours and dreams don't always give you the right guidance. I read that you should go with your gut instinct. Is that what I should do?

I am going to continue praying for the next three nights and hope that I get some kind of guidance. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on what I should do in this situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic