IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - another question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another question
    Posted: 10 April 2016 at 8:49pm
Greetings,

I have another question.
Do muslims learn the ten commandments?

The ten commandments of God given to Moses?  (written on tablets, kept in the ark, in the tabernacle of the Lord)

If Muhammad followed the God of Abraham, the God of Moses, does it make sense that he did not teach the ten commandments in his qur'an?  or to his people?
Did he?

Shukran for replies, and asalaam.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2016 at 10:34pm
I'd also like to ask:

Do muslims 'keep Holy the Sabbath'?
Is that the purpose of their Friday prayers?
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:27am
Greetings,

The Ten commandments were for the Jews.Muslims need not learn the ten commandments.

Did Abraham teach the ten Commandments???

The Quran belongs to Allah and not the prophet Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Greetings,

The Ten commandments were for the Jews.Muslims need not learn the ten commandments.

Did Abraham teach the ten Commandments???

The Quran belongs to Allah and not the prophet Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.

Greetings Ismail,

Hi, it's been a long time.  I pray that you have been well.

So, are you saying that muslims do not know the ten commandments of God given to Moses?

(If muslims revere Moses as a prophet (and his God), shouldn't they know the ten commandments that were given to him?)

asalaam and blessings.

Blessed be God forever
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:40am
Quote IEC:
...Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.

I guess you are right, the time of [self-proclaimed] prophets is probably over.
In this sense I very much hope that Mohamed was really the last one, even if this is not the sense you try to insinuate.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 15 April 2016 at 4:43am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:24pm
Can any muslim explain Friday prayers to me?

I know why the Jewish people 'keep the Sabbath'... the 7th day, day of rest

and I know why Christians keep Sunday Holy,

but I do not know why muslims have their prayer meetings on Friday?

Shukran and salaam.
Blessed be God forever
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 11:58am
In ch 62 v 9 of Quran Allah says whenever a call of prayer is announced rush to mosque to offer prayers
AlkitabAdvocate View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlkitabAdvocate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 7:22pm
https://topicsfromquran.com/2017/12/22/al-sabt-and-companions-of-the-al-sabt-rest/

Al-Kitab concept of Al-Sabt/The rest is different than 'concept of Sabbath'. The link to above post reviews the Al-Sabt concept in Quran.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic