IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - another question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Can any muslim explain Friday prayers to me?

I know why the Jewish people 'keep the Sabbath'... the 7th day, day of rest

and I know why Christians keep Sunday Holy,

but I do not know why muslims have their prayer meetings on Friday?

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

For Muslims, Friday is the most special day among other days because on that day there are many privileges, fadhilah (virtue) and the secret behind Friday. And among the secrets behind Friday is the existence of extraordinary events, as the Prophet Muhammad said:

خَيْرُ يَوْمٍ طَلَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشَّمْسُ يَوْمُ الْجُمُعَةِ فِيهِ خُلِقَ آدَمُ وَفِيهِ �£ُدْخِلَ الْجَنَّةَ وَفِيهِ �£ُخْرِجَ مِنْهَا وَلاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ إِلاَّ فِى يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ

“A good day when the sun rises is Friday. That day was the day when Adam was created, the day when Adam was put into heaven, and the day when Adam was taken out of heaven, and Judgment Day does not occur except on Friday.” (Narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurairah)

That is why Muslims have their prayer meetings on Friday, and many more.

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

For Muslims, Friday is the most special day among other days because on that day there are many privileges, fadhilah (virtue) and the secret behind Friday. And among the secrets behind Friday is the existence of extraordinary events, as the Prophet Muhammad said:

خَيْرُ يَوْمٍ طَلَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشَّمْسُ يَوْمُ الْجُمُعَةِ فِيهِ خُلِقَ آدَمُ وَفِيهِ �£ُدْخِلَ الْجَنَّةَ وَفِيهِ �£ُخْرِجَ مِنْهَا وَلاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ إِلاَّ فِى يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ

“A good day when the sun rises is Friday. That day was the day when Adam was created, the day when Adam was put into heaven, and the day when Adam was taken out of heaven, and Judgment Day does not occur except on Friday.” (Narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurairah)

Yes Asep, Jazakallahu Khairan,

Friday is indeed very special to Muslims... so special that there's a chapter in the Qur'an named after it. Here is an extract from that chapter:

Qur'an [62:9]
{9} يَا �£َيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): that is best for you if ye but knew!

{10} فَإِذَا قُضِيَتِ الصَّلَاةُ فَانْتَشِرُوا فِي الْ�£َرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “We (Muslims) are the last (of the nations) but (we will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection,  although the former nations were given their scriptures before us and we were given our after them. And this (Friday) is the day concerning which they disputed. So Allaah guided us (to it), tomorrow (i.e., Saturday) is for the Jews and the day after (i.e., Sunday) is for the Christians.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Jumu’ah, 847). 

It was also narrated (by al-Bukhaari) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On this day Adam was created, on this day he entered Paradise and on this day he was expelled from it.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Jumu’ah, 1410) 

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

Yes Asep, Jazakallahu Khairan,

Friday is indeed very special to Muslims... so special that there's a chapter in the Qur'an named after it. Here is an extract from that chapter:

Qur'an [62:9]
{9} يَا �£َيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): that is best for you if ye but knew!

{10} فَإِذَا قُضِيَتِ الصَّلَاةُ فَانْتَشِرُوا فِي الْ�£َرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “We (Muslims) are the last (of the nations) but (we will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection,  although the former nations were given their scriptures before us and we were given our after them. And this (Friday) is the day concerning which they disputed. So Allaah guided us (to it), tomorrow (i.e., Saturday) is for the Jews and the day after (i.e., Sunday) is for the Christians.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Jumu’ah, 847). 

It was also narrated (by al-Bukhaari) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On this day Adam was created, on this day he entered Paradise and on this day he was expelled from it.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Jumu’ah, 1410) 

Yes MIAW, Jazakallahu Khairan Katsiran..

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:23pm
I notice God has never picked Mondays.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 3:15am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

I notice God has never picked Mondays.

Yes DavidC, the special days of the Apostles are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As for that Monday in all the history of the Prophets there is nothing specialize for them, besides that, Monday is only the beginning of the creation of trees and other types of plants.
ovibos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovibos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 7:23pm

Greetings,

If Muhammad followed the God of Abraham, the God of Moses, does it make sense that he did not teach the ten commandments in his qur'an?  or to his people?
Did he?

Shukran for replies, and asalaam.
Hi Caringheart, sorry for the late reply :D

Yes, Muhammad is follower of Abraham. 
Ten Commandments is given to Moses, not to Abraham, so it makes perfect sense that we (muslims) don't observe the Sabbath since Abraham never did too. 
We do circumcise, however, since Abraham and Ishmael circumcise too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic