IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran is the Evidence for the Prophet.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran is the Evidence for the Prophet.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 1:06am

Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

... Isa was Muhammad's invention of the Muslim Jesus...

LOL!! LOL

So... by your farcical and absurd reasoning and analysis, Christians invented the names of Jewish Prophets who came before Jesus (Peace and Blessings on them all)... For example: Solomon was called something different in Hebrew:

Solomon (/ˈsɒləmən/HebrewשְׁלֹמֹהShlomoh) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon]

Press 'Play' here to hear how his name should really pronounced in Hebrew: 

Typical Islamophobic drivel.

Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

LOL!! LOL

So... by your farcical and absurd reasoning and analysis, Christians invented the names of Jewish Prophets who came before Jesus (Peace and Blessings on them all)... For example: Solomon was called something different in Hebrew:

Solomon (/ˈsɒləmən/HebrewשְׁלֹמֹהShlomoh) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon]

Muhammad was so obsessed with the Isa cause of his his child wife Aisha.

Meanwhile, Arabic-speaking Christians use يسوع Yasū‘, which comes from ܝܫܘܥ Yešū‘, the Aramaic name for Jesus. The origin of the Qur'anic Isa is complex and is detailed below.

Isa was also used in the Frisian (Old Germanic) language for both males and females and was a short form of Germanic names beginning with the element "is", meaning ice and iron.

So thus tells you Muhammad had a fear of calling Jesus by his right name or else may be the Christians would haave mock him as a liar but in anyway he was a liar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

Do you think God will send a false prophet.
God indeed send his from heaven in which he can trust.

Go take your time and read through this verses seems to me you didn't red the Bible.

1 Corinthians 15:28         

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Psalm 2:7

"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Hebrews 1:5      

For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?

Matthew 3:17   

and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Matthew 17:5   

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

Mark 1:11

and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

John 1:14            

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 4:10         

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

John 14:13          

"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 5:19            

Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

John 5:26            

"For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

Mark 14:61         

But He kept silent and did not answer Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

Mark 5:7

and shouting with a loud voice, he said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Luke 8:28            

Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."

Acts 13:33

that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, 'YOU ARE MY SON; TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU.'

Hebrews 5:5      

So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

Mark 9:7

Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!"

Luke 3:22            

and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

2 Peter 1:17       

For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"--

Luke 9:35            

Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Romans 1:4        

who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Matthew 2:15   

He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Luke 20:13          

"The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.'

Hebrews 1:8      

But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

1 John 5:9           

If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

1 John 5:10         

The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

This was writen by hard core orthdox Jews for which you can not came with slightest idea of God has a Son which means death sentence without a trial.

You said:
(Do you think God will send a false prophet.)

Answer:
This question should be from me to you, because you have assumed the Prophet Muhammad was a fake etc.
While I and all Muslims in the world glorify the Prophet Isa (Jesus) that he is a messenger of Allah and not tortured on the cross.

The verses in the Gospels today have changed a lot, as I know from the four Gospels: Luke, Matthew, Mark and John.

I've found from the three Gospels which stated as follows:
"Eli, Eli, lama sabakhtani?"
(My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?)
(Luke 23:46, Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34).
While in the book of John I don't find it, and many others. 

If Jesus is a child of God, why isn't "" Ab "written in that sentence? which means father.

Even what I found in the Gospels is that all the Prophets including Jesus, they all do salah, they bow, prostrate and pray like Muslims do.
Do you also worship like Jesus?

You muslims glorify Isa which name should be Jesus which by accident end up in the Quran via Apacrypical books if it wasn't in the Quran then muslims would have denied that Jesus a was a even prophet Muhammad copied the Apocrypical books from the Arab Christians and also changed it to fit his demands to lure Christians into Islam.

Isa was Muhammad's invention of the Muslim Jesus.

The traditional Arabic name for Jesus is Yasu'. Until very recent times, all Arab Christians used no other name for Jesus. And even today, that is the name used by more than 99% of all Arab Christians. Just walk into any Arab Christian church, turn on Arabic Christian broadcasting, read Arabic Christian literature written for Christians. You will only find Yasu', never Isa. Only very recently (perhaps some 25 years ago) some Christians started to use the name Isa in Arabic publications written specifically for Muslims in the hope that they may more easily accept their message if they see the quranic name for Jesus instead of the traditional Christian one. Nevertheless, among themselves, Arab Christians do not use Isa or Esa.

Why Jesus did not call Abba on the cross for muslims it wont be of any concern cause Muhammad twisted the Christian stolen scriptures to fit his demands and claim Jesus or Isa never died on the cross. 

In English the name is Jesus, in Arabic the name is' Isa. Both are for the same person.
Like David in English, while in Arabic is Dawud (the same person), etc

Now prove it to me which the Prophet Muhammad has changed the verses in the Gospel ?
The name 'Isa is not the creation of the Prophet Muhammad but that name in the Qoran revealed to the Prophet Muhammad by Allah.

Which one the name made by Allah and made by humans ? 'Isa or Yasu' ?

In the Qoran, the Prophet 'Isa (Jesus) did not die and not crucified

Now I want to ask you what is the meaning of the word "Eli" with the word "Father" in your gospel?

Meanwhile, Arabic-speaking Christians use يسوع Yasū‘, which comes from ܝܫܘܥ Yešū‘, the Aramaic name for Jesus. The origin of the Qur'anic Isa is complex and is detailed below.

Isa was also used in the Frisian (Old Germanic) language for both males and females and was a short form of Germanic names beginning with the element "is", meaning ice and iron.

Eli means in Hebrew for "my God," "high," or "elevated."

asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 7:41pm

Go take your time and read through this verses seems to me you didn't red the Bible.

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?

and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

"For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

But He kept silent and did not answer Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

and shouting with a loud voice, he said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."

that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, 'YOU ARE MY SON; TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU.'

So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!"

and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"--

Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

"The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.'

But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

This was writen by hard core orthdox Jews for which you can not came with slightest idea of God has a Son which means death sentence without a trial.

You said:

Answer:
This question should be from me to you, because you have assumed the Prophet Muhammad was a fake etc.
While I and all Muslims in the world glorify the Prophet Isa (Jesus) that he is a messenger of Allah and not tortured on the cross.

The verses in the Gospels today have changed a lot, as I know from the four Gospels: Luke, Matthew, Mark and John.

If Jesus is a child of God, why isn't "" Ab "written in that sentence? which means father.

Even what I found in the Gospels is that all the Prophets including Jesus, they all do salah, they bow, prostrate and pray like Muslims do.

You muslims glorify Isa which name should be Jesus which by accident end up in the Quran via Apacrypical books if it wasn't in the Quran then muslims would have denied that Jesus a was a even prophet Muhammad copied the Apocrypical books from the Arab Christians and also changed it to fit his demands to lure Christians into Islam.

The traditional Arabic name for Jesus is Yasu'. Until very recent times, all Arab Christians used no other name for Jesus. And even today, that is the name used by more than 99% of all Arab Christians. Just walk into any Arab Christian church, turn on Arabic Christian broadcasting, read Arabic Christian literature written for Christians. You will only find Yasu', never Isa. Only very recently (perhaps some 25 years ago) some Christians started to use the name Isa in Arabic publications written specifically for Muslims in the hope that they may more easily accept their message if they see the quranic name for Jesus instead of the traditional Christian one. Nevertheless, among themselves, Arab Christians do not use Isa or Esa.

Why Jesus did not call Abba on the cross for muslims it wont be of any concern cause Muhammad twisted the Christian stolen scriptures to fit his demands and claim Jesus or Isa never died on the cross. 

In English the name is Jesus, in Arabic the name is' Isa. Both are for the same person.

Now prove it to me which the Prophet Muhammad has changed the verses in the Gospel ?
The name 'Isa is not the creation of the Prophet Muhammad but that name in the Qoran revealed to the Prophet Muhammad by Allah.

Now I want to ask you what is the meaning of the word "Eli" with the word "Father" in your gospel?

Then what do you think, is God the same as humans?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2019 at 7:21pm

You said:

Answer:

Then what do you think, is God the same as humans?

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

So you then you wanted tell me The Quran is the word of God that will make God liar and thats blaspemy against God.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

LOL!! LOL

Tell me what does it mean  I do not fear anything so I am not a phobie.
Since the rise of islam or only recently the muslim phobie got a new trophy on the wall of fame.

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia you must not get this phobie

Arachnophobia then the spiders must also take up banners and protest against discrimination against spiders in the city streets like the muslim protesters who protest against islamophobia. 
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2019 at 10:55pm

...Tell me what does it mean...

Firstly: 

Allah, may He be exalted, sent Messengers to every nation and He stated that they came one after another, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then We sent Our Messengers in succession, every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him, so We made them follow one another (to destruction), and We made them as Ahadeeth (the true stories for mankind to learn a lesson from them). So away with a people who believe not”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:44]

“Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them”

[Faatir 35:24].

Allah has named some of those Messengers and told us the stories of some of them, but not of many others. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have inspired you (O Muhammad SAW) as We inspired Nooh (Noah) and the Prophets after him; We (also) inspired Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), and Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Yaqoob (Jacob)), Iesa (Jesus), Ayub (Job), Yoonus (Jonah), Haroon (Aaron), and Sulaiman (Solomon), and to Dawood (David) We gave the Zaboor (Psalms).

And Messengers We have mentioned to you before, and Messengers We have not mentioned to you, - and to Moosa (Moses) Allah spoke directly”

[an-Nisa’ 4:163-164]. 

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said: 

These are the names of the Prophets whose names are mentioned in the Qur’an: Adam, Idrees, Nooh, Hood, Saalih, Ibraaheem, Loot, Ismaa‘eel, Ishaaq, Ya‘qoob, Yoosuf, Ayyoob, Shu‘ayb, Moosa, Haroon, Yoonus, Dawood, Sulaymaan, Ilyaas, al-Yasa‘, Zakariya, Yahya, and ‘Eesa (blessings and peace be upon them), as well as Dhu’l-Kifl according to many commentators, and their leader is Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). 

The words “and Messengers We have not mentioned to you” mean: other people who are not mentioned in the Qur’an. 

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 2/469 

Secondly: 

The scholars differed as to the number of Prophets and Messengers, according to what reached them and their opinions on the authenticity of the hadeeths that mentioned their numbers. Those who classed the hadeeths as saheeh or hasan gave their opinion based on those reports; those who classed the hadeeths as da‘eef said that the number could not be known except through Revelation, so they refrained from stating a number. 

The hadeeths that mentioned a number are as follows: 

It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, how many Prophets were there? He said: “One hundred and twenty four thousand.” I said: O Messenger of Allah, how many of them were Messengers? He said: “Three hundred and thirteen, a good number.” I said: O Messenger of Allah, who was the first of them? He said: “Adam.” … 

Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan, 361 

This hadeeth is da‘eef jiddan (very weak). Its isnaad includes Ibraaheem ibn Hishaam al-Ghassaani, of whom adh-Dhahabi said: he is matrook (rejected). Indeed, Abu Haatim said: (He is) a liar. Hence Ibn al-Jawzi ruled that the hadeeth was fabricated and false. 

This hadeeth was narrated at length by al-Haafiz Abu Haatim ibn Hibbaan al-Basti in his book al-Anwaa‘ wa’t-Taqaaseem, and he said that it was saheeh. But Abu’l-Faraj ibn al-Jazwi disagreed with him and included this hadeeth in his book al-Mawdoo‘aat (the fabricated hadeeths) and accused Ibraaheem ibn Hishaam of fabricating the hadeeth. There is no doubt that more than one of the imams of al-jarh wa’t-ta‘deel (evaluation of hadeeth narrators) criticised him because of this hadeeth. 

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 2/470 

Shu‘ayb al-Arna’oot said: Its isnaad is da‘eef jiddan (very weak) – and he quoted the comments of the scholars about Ibraaheem ibn Hishaam.

Tahqeeq Saheeh Ibn Hibbaan, 2/79 

A hadeeth mentioning this number - one hundred and twenty four thousand – was also narrated via another isnaad: 

It was narrated that Abu Umaamah said: I said: O Prophet of Allah, how many Prophets were there? He said: “One hundred and twenty four thousand, of whom three hundred and fifteen were a good number.” 

Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Tafseer, 963 

Mu‘aan ibn Rifaa‘ah as-Silaami is da‘eef; ‘Ali ibn Yazeed is da‘eef; and al-Qaasim Abu ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan is also da‘eef. 

The hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) was also narrated via another isnaad, without any mention of the number of Prophets; rather it mentions the number of Messengers: 

He said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, how many Messengers were there? He said: “Three hundred and umpteen, a good number.” 

Narrated by Ahmad, 35/431 

According to another report (35/438): “three hundred and fifteen, a good number.” 

Shu‘ayb al-Arna’oot said: 

Its isnaad is da‘eef jiddan (very weak), because ‘Ubayd ibn al-Khashkhaash is majhool (unknown) and Abu ‘Umar ad-Dimashqi is da‘eef. Ad-Daaraqutni said: al-Mas‘oodi from Abu ‘Umar ad-Dimashqi is matrook (rejected). 

Al-Mas‘oodi is ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Utbah. 

Tahqeeq Musnad Ahmad, 35/432 

It was narrated that Anas said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah sent eight thousand Prophets, four thousand to the Children of Israel and four thousand to the rest of mankind.” 

Narrated by Abu Ya‘la in his Musnad, 7/160 

This hadeeth is da‘eef jiddan (very weak). 

Al-Haythami (may Allah have mercy on him) said:  

It was narrated by Abu Ya‘la and its isnaad includes Moosa ibn ‘Ubaydah ar-Rabdhi, who is da‘eef jiddan. 

Majma‘ az-Zawaa’id, 8/210 

This is also a da‘eef isnaad. It includes ar-Rabdhi who is da‘eef, and his shaykh ar-Raqqaashi is also weaker than him. 

It was narrated that Abu’l-Waddaak said: Abu Sa‘eed said to me: Do the Khaarijis believe in the Dajjaal? I said: No. He said: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said: “I am the Seal of a thousand Prophets or more; no Prophet was sent but he warned his nation about the Dajjaal…” 

Narrated by Ahmad, 18/275 

This hadeeth is da‘eef because Mujaalid ibn Sa‘eed is da‘eef. 

It was narrated by Ahmad, and its isnaad includes Mujaalid ibn Sa‘eed. An-Nasaa’i classed him as thiqah (trustworthy) in one report but he said concerning another: He is not qawiy (strong). A number of scholars classed him as da‘eef. 

Majma‘ az-Zawaa’id, 7/346 

It was also classed as da‘eef by al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad, 18/276 

This hadeeth was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him): 

It was narrated by al-Bazzaar in his Musnad, 3380, Kashf al-Astaar. 

Its isnaad includes Mujaalid ibn Sa‘eed; it has been stated above that he is da‘eef. 

It was narrated by al-Bazzaar and its isnaad includes Mujaalid ibn Sa‘eed, who was classed as da‘eef by the majority. 

Majma‘ az-Zawaa’id, 7/347 

From the hadeeths quoted above – and there are others that we have not quoted to save space, all of which are da‘eef – it is clear that the reports differ concerning the number of Prophets and Messengers. Every group spoke on the basis of the reports that were saheeh in their opinion. The most well-known of the reports mentioned above is the hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him), which says that the number of Prophets was one hundred and twenty four thousand, among whom the number of Messengers was three hundred and fifteen. Some of the scholars even said that the number of Prophets was the same as the number of Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and the number of Messengers was the same as the number of those who were present at Badr. 

But by examining the isnaads of these reports, it does not seem to us that these hadeeths are saheeh, either individually or when their isnaads are put together. 

Thirdly: 

There follow the opinions of some of the leading scholars who said that these hadeeths and the numbers mentioned in them are not saheeh (sound): 

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: 

From what is mentioned by Ahmad, Muhammad ibn Nasr and others, it is clear that they did not know the number of Books and Messengers, and the hadeeth of Abu Dharr that speaks of that was not proven in their view. 

Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 7/409 

From this report from the two imams Ahmad and Muhammad ibn Nasr al-Marwazi it is clear that they regarded the hadeeths which speak of the number of Prophets as da‘eef. What appears to be the case is that Shaykh al-Islam (may Allah have mercy on him) supported them in that. And he indicated that the hadeeth of Abu Dharr was da‘eef. As he said: It was narrated in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr that their number was three hundred and thirteen, but that hadeeth was not quoted as evidence; rather what is quoted as evidence is the verses that speak of their large number. 

Ibn ‘Atiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the verse in an-Nisa’: 

The words of Allah, may He be exalted, “and Messengers We have not mentioned to you” [an-Nisa’ 4:164], imply a large number of Prophets, without mentioning a specific number. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them”

[Faatir 35:24]

“and many generations in between”

[al-Furqaan 25:38].

What has been narrated about the number of Prophets is not correct; Allah knows best about their number, may the blessings of Allah be upon them. End quote. 

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked: 

What is the number of Prophets and Messengers (blessings and peace of Allah be upon them)? 

They replied: 

No one knows their number except Allah, because He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And, indeed We have sent Messengers before you (O Muhammad SAW); of some of them We have related to you their story and of some We have not related to you their story”

[Ghaafir 40:78].

Those who are known are those who are mentioned in the Qur’an or in the saheeh Sunnah. 

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn Qa‘ood 

Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa’imah, 3/256 

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said: 

In the hadeeth of Abu Dharr that is narrated by Abu Haatim ibn Hibbaan and others, it says that he asked the Prophet (sa) about the Messengers and about the Prophets, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Prophets were one hundred and twenty-four thousand and the Messengers were three hundred and thirteen.” According to the report of Abu Umaamah: three hundred and fifteen. But these are both da‘eef hadeeths according to the scholars. They have corroborating reports, but those are also da‘eef, as we have mentioned above. According to some of them it says that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said that there were a thousand Prophets or more, and in some it says that the number of Prophets was three thousand. All the hadeeths that speak of this matter are da‘eef; in fact Ibn al-Jawzi regarded the hadeeth of Abu Dharr as being fabricated. The point is that there is no reliable report about the number of Prophets and Messengers; no one knows their number except Allah, may He be glorified and exalted. But they were a good number. Allah has told us the stories of some of them and He has not told us the stories of others in His wisdom, may He be glorified and exalted. 

Majmoo‘ Fataawa ash-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 2/66, 67 

Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn Jibreen (may Allah preserve him) was asked: 

What is the number of Prophets and Messengers? Is not believing in some of them (because we are unaware of them) regarded as kufr? What is the number of divinely revealed Books?  

He replied: 

In a number of hadeeths it is stated that the number of the Prophets was one hundred and twenty-four thousand, and that the number of Messengers among them was three hundred and thirteen; it was also narrated that the number of Prophets was eight thousand. All of these hadeeths were quoted in Ibn Katheer’s Tafseer al-Qur’an al-‘Azeem, at the end of Soorat an-Nisa’, in his commentary on the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “and Messengers We have not mentioned to you” [an-Nisa’ 4:164]. But the hadeeths about this matter are all da‘eef, despite the fact that there are so many. So it is better to refrain from discussing this matter. What is required of the Muslim is to believe specifically in those Prophets whose names were mentioned by Allah and His Messenger, and to believe in the rest in general terms. Allah condemned the Jews for differentiating between them, as He said (interpretation of the meaning): “…saying, We believe in some but reject others…” [an-Nisa’ 4:150]. We believe in every Prophet and every Messenger whom Allah sent at some time or another, but each one’s message was for the people of his own time and his Book was for his nation and his people. 

With regard to the number of Books, it says in the lengthy hadeeth narrated from Abu Dharr that the number of books was one hundred books and four books, as was mentioned by Ibn Katheer in his commentary on the verse quoted above. But Allah knows best how sound this is. Allah has mentioned the Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms (Zaboor), and the Scriptures of Ibraaheem and Moosa, so we believe in that and we believe that Allah has many Books of which we have no knowledge; it is sufficient for us to believe in them in general terms. 

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/41 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2019 at 3:06pm
Why do you change the topic? There was only 49 prophets for the jews and 7 prophetesses.

2 Kings 17:13 The LORD warned Israel and Judah through all his prophets and seers: "Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your ancestors to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets."

“The word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’”

Jeremiah 1:4-5

To a greater or lesser degree, this was true of all the prophets of Israel. Some prophets had messages that focused more specifically on nations other than Israel, such as Obadiah’s words for Edom and the ministry of Jonah and Nahum to Nineveh (Assyria). Other prophets, such as Haggai and Ezekiel, spoke primarily to the Israelites and less to the Gentile nations. But all of the prophets had words that could be applied both to Israel and to the other nations.  Jeremiah could well be said about all the prophets of God: “Though he was given as a Prophet especially to his own people, yet his authority extended to heathen nations.”

One hundred and twenty four thousand.
One hundred and twenty four thousand, of whom three hundred and fifteen were a good number.” 
 “Allah sent eight thousand Prophets, four thousand to the Children of Israel and four thousand to the rest of mankind.” 

“And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them”

Then every nation in the world must have some references of books or scrolls from One hundred and twenty four thousand Prophets all over the world in their posession. 

This was just a wild shot in the dark that Muhammad must answer with a instant revelation for his believers or else they won't believe in him. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic