IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Danish drawings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danish drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 1:31pm

Hi all,

I think I have gotten my questions answered, after careful consideration, I can only interpret Mockba's (for me) incomprehendable one-liners (which he refuse to explain) as a polite way to say please go away. I see no reason not to follow his wishes. This was said without any hostility and as a personal remark to Mockba.

I realize I am starting to repeat myself valued friend.

Thank you very much for the participation in this thread and for wellcoming me so gently to the forum. I will surely be back if I have additional questions.

I would like to say that I have learned here (and as result of this conflict, and forum)  that I have to admire Muslims for their morale stature.

Maybe this conflict can result in Muslims respecting Denmark and Europe for having the same moral stature for freedom of speech/free press. That right belongs to the people and nobody else. But it is no right to use for insults.

Edited by Wrangel
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 2:54pm

Bismillah

Christians of today have allowed all sorts of insults on Jesus (may peace be upon him) to the extent that it has become common to make jokes, cartoons depicting him on various religios subjects like the Last Day. Muslims take worship and submission much more seriously and will not consider distorted interpretations of "freedoms" that are being enforced upon them today by the so called "liberators".

Regardless of what was said, the call is clear: Please stop insulting Muslims, go on with what you think is your religion but do not step into our holy shrines with your dirty boots wondering what is it you've done wrong... 

MOCKBA
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 4:29pm

Regardless of what was said, the call is clear: Please stop insulting Muslims, go on with what you think is your religion but do not step into our holy shrines with your dirty boots wondering what is it you've done wrong...

As far as I am concerned I have made posts that clearly express that I am in full agreement what you say above. 

Your post also makes it very clear to me, that you lack interest in what else I have to say. Since you feel you have to point this out.

Thank you again for your answer to my initial question.

Edited by Wrangel
Shamil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

The cartoon has been posted on drudge, and there is Arabic writing on the
bomb but I can't read Arabic.

The writing says "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Prophet of Allah." The holiest phrase in all Islam.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 5:19am

Bismillah,

Wrangle, since you have the Danish perspective, we would like your continued input. Especially since you are trying so hard to be respectful.  

When I, as a Muslim woman revert (reborn, reguided...) read Mockba's comments, I understand them right away.  So when you say that you don't see the relevance of this or comment that he has made, this is because of a cultural gap between the Muslim perspective and your perspective.  It is worth it for you to try and figure out this disparity.

Also, I understand your fears as well that you stated.  I felt afraid too when I heard about this.  My kids and me are discriminated against every day.  We live in a country that mostly hates Muslims and foreigners, now the worst to be is Arab or Pak.

Now, many people who are not bigots and racists will protest and say this isn't so.  Sadly, the enlightened are in the minority in America.  So please, don't change; we need you!

The pressures and difficulties of being Muslim in this world are tremendous.  Hatred and bigotry effect my family every day of our lives.  Really, Wrangle, you must struggle to understand this issue because it is the center of so much conflict.

Al-Hamudulilah, Praise God!  There is no faith greater or more beautiful than Islaam.  Would that I could go back to my easier life before Allah, SWT, God the Most Glorious and High, renewed my Islaam and faith in Him.  But Allah has enlightened me, and Al-Hamdulilah, this will not change.

David, Did you miss the statement put out by American Muslim Mosques belittling the killing of innocent people by Bush and by Muslims???  Have you read the posts by the Muslims on this board against the killing of innocent lives???  As much as you try, you also need to walk a mile in our shoes if you  depict it as "just a cartoon".

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 8:31am

AssalamuAlaikum,

Sister Herjihad, good post.

Wrangel, we would like to hear more from you. As I said in my last post in this thread, it is sad to see where things are heading, that is honestly not what I or many Muslims actually want. There is a common enemy who is creating divide between us. And only by coming closer can we nullify the evil intentions of these divisive forces that want to rule the planet only to their advantage.

I hope the event, no matter how tragic that may be, will lead you and many others to the beauty of Islam.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 9:10am

With these kind words I see no other option then to stick around. At least I can tell a bit about what is happening in Denmark.

I read in the papers that the Danish embassy in Damaskus is been stormed and set on fire. A demonstration got out of hand. The papers also say that part of the reason for the demonstration, was rumours of Quran burning in Denmark. I have seen information about Quran burning in denmark, in some middle east news media on the Web.

This has not taken place. I have not heard about any burning and police sources denies any knowledge of this as well.

Here the full story, on what I think is the background for these rumours.

Danish media reported a couple of 4-5 days ago, that some right wing Danish individuals where trying to organize a demonstration in Denmark. Using SMS. Purpose would be burn a copy of the Quran and to encourage a boycott of Muslim owned shops in Denmark. Police immediately warned the orginazors, that any attempt to burn the Quran, would result in immediate arrest. Deliberate blasphemi is a criminal act according to Danish law.

Here is what happened at the day of the demonstration. First you need to understand that there lives around 2.500.000 people with easy and quick access to Copehagen.

Only 75 demonstrators showed up (I admit this was 75 too many). Nobody had brought the Quran. One had a sign saying "We are sorry". There where lots of police at the place. All 75 immediately went home again. The demonstration never started.

As for boycott of Muslim owned shops I frankly can't see this happening. Many local shops (grocheries, tobacco-shops, small reitail shops, buchers, ...) are owned and operated by Muslims. They are an integral part of daily Danish life. They are run by people you meet on a daily basis. A boycott of them is un-imaginable.

As for the storming, I don't see it as such as a big deal. Nobody was hurt. Demonstrations can get out of hand. It is the responability of the Syrian authoroties to ensure the security of an foreign embassy.

Standard diplomatic practise will kick in now. The Danish goverment will protest to the Syrian goverment, the Syrian goverment will tighten security on the embassy and that should be the end of that.

No Quran has been burnt in Denmark. If this happens will the responsible people be arrested, and they will also be heavily comdemned by all Danes. Including me.

Edited by Wrangel
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 9:47am

http://www.petitiononline.com/DENMUS/petition.html

Here is a peaceful way of expressing outrage of the cartoons.  I signed it, please, everyone else sign it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic