IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Danish drawings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danish drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 9:13am

Hi Wrangel,

�I don't know what the US first amendment is (might have an idea, but would have to google) ��

Sorry.  I am already too wordy, or verbose, at times, and did try to abbreviate my post by not saying that the (at times beleaguered) First Amendment is that which provides, among other things, �freedom of speech� here in the (a little humor) colonies (USA).

�� how Danish law compares to anything what the Germans has, I'm clueless.�

That is fine.  My question might have seemed tangential; it was, in fact, and if indirectly correlated to something else.  I recently read a Wikipedia article (linked below) about the arrest, trial and conviction of neo-Nazi Ernst Z�ndel and his Samisdat Publications (issues of �free speech� are involved).  In that article, reference is made to Germany�s Volksverhetzung laws, which word translates to �incitement of the masses.�  It is apparently against the law to �incite� the German masses, especially with hatred (but with anger I do not know).      

I kept the German word in mind and, when this issue of the freedom of the Danish press arose, it made me wonder whether this act, soliciting and circulating caricatures of Muhammad, does not, in a sense, constitute an act of �inciting� the masses.  What is more, and not to belabor the already difficult point, it was also reported (linked below) that some of those �mysteriously unsourced� caricatures which were circulated (but not published) included salacious depictions of bestiality, etc.  It seems obvious to me that especially images of this type, disregarding, for the moment, from whence they came and who is ultimately responsible for having circulated them, would at best �incite� foreign and especially Muslim dignitaries, not to mention the resident masses.

Finally, given: (1) Denmark�s proximity to, and historical relations with Germany; and (2) the uniform and ubiquitous laws which are starting to cover the European Union in general, I question if any (type) of these Volksverhetzung laws extend to Denmark and Switzerland and, if so, if this apparent act of �inciting� the masses were not, again at least in some sense, a direct violation thereof.

Once more, the inquiry may seem tangential, but I am (almost) famous for going off on the occasional seemingly disconnected tangent.  Thank you, also, for the remainder of your post.  It is informative. 

Best regards,

Servetus

Ref:

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Zundel

(2) http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/article343290.e ce

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 10:09am

Originally posted by melco melco wrote:

.... He may have been given a special role, but he killed people in his day and he had many wives, and also many children (and you don't get those from just preaching).

Your info about prophet Mohammad is quite off the mark, though you are right that he wasn't the God. Nevertheless, we, as Muslim, love him, more than anyone we love any other on this earth. This love is for a reason, more of an intellectual one, than an emotional one. This may seem little strange to some uninitiated ones, but the fact is that we put our trust onto him to build our faith, as what he said is the truth. When we hear any joke about him, our feelings, is all natural, to be hurt. A simple example can be realised if someone may like put his father's image in place of the cartoons, the pinch in ones emotions shall reveal the truth in our feelings.

He may have been good, but he wasn't an angel, or less so a god. ........
In Islam, human creation is considered the best creation by God, even more than the angels; simply because of his 'free will', a topic we are already discussing about, but at another thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 10:18am

Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

I didn't understand what you meant in the first place so just replied with what I meant not what others thought I implied... me being people like me aside.

I always try not to understand people as what others say about him/her. "People like you" meant only as what I know of you, a person who despise "adultary".

Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 11:41am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

I didn't understand what you meant in the first place so just replied with what I meant not what others thought I implied... me being people like me aside.

I always try not to understand people as what others say about him/her. "People like you" meant only as what I know of you, a person who despise "adultary".

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.. I find your writing style confusing sometimes.  No offence meant.

Edited by Ketchup
"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 11:56am

Originally posted by Wrangel Wrangel wrote:

......... Critisism saying we (or Danish goverment) ..........

Sometimes this notion of 'we=government' can be very realistic, where today's newpaper [1] in Pakistan reported Danish government, quoting Foriegn Minister Per Stig Moeller, that Alqaida can exploit the printing of deprecated cartoons. Hmm!! I never realized my posts can have so much affect. Or am I just being self-illusionary.

[1] http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/feb2006-daily/20-02-2006/update. htm#23

Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

.... He may have been given a special role, but he killed people in his day and he had many wives, and also many children (and you don't get those from just preaching).

Your info about prophet Mohammad is quite off the mark, though you are right that he wasn't the God.

Are you claiming that Muhammad (PBUH) never killed anyone or that he never had different children from different wives? Please correct me, if I am wrong.
Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 12:47pm

Dear Wrangel!

These were the double standerds and conspiracies I was talking of;

Today Mr. David Irving (a British Historian) is jailed in Austria for 3 years for denying the death chambers in Holocast.

Austrian newspaper also published the cartoons for the so called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Where is this freedom of speech now.

What I see you (the westreners) are mere hipocrates, cynical, igonarant and clueless as to what is giong on.

This I hope you won't term as a conspiracy theory?? You can't dare to say anyhing about Jews or you will be screwed. West has all its FREEDOM against Islam.

Shams Zaman

Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:11pm
Well said, Br Shams Zaman! Everyone can open their big mouths to criticise Muslims. Yesterday, our little john did the same. the grommits are growing in number..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic