IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam and women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam and women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam and women
    Posted: 08 February 2016 at 8:31am
This is something that really makes me both interested and puzzled, the view on women in Islam.
Myself lives in Sweden and it isn't uncommon for me to hear how badly women are treated within Islam, yet there are Swedish women converting to Islam, I have heard two very different sides of how women should be treated within Islam, the reason Swedes claims they are treated badly is because "they have to wear Hijabs!" ( tough i guess they mean the headscarves ) and are viewed as less worth then the men, and compare that to the Swedish women who are allowed to show their hair and are, at least according to law, equally worth to men ( tough a lot of Swedish men still look down on women ). From a documentary I saw with Muslims living in Sweden a man pointed at a women wearing Abaya ( I'm sorry if it isn't called Abaya, what i mean is the black long dress that covers everything but their face/eyes, might be Chador I mean? ) and said that men respects her, they don't look at her, they don't talk to her etc, which sound strange for a Swede like me, how would it be respected to not be talked to? At the same time, I've also heard that women have the opportunity to choose if they want to be part of Islam and if they themselves choosed this life, then by all means.
I do not believe that just cause our views are different it means yours are bad, I am merely trying to understand the truth behind what I suspect to be propaganda spread by hostile people aswell as the difference in views, if Swedish women who are used to living with their hair loose etc, choose to convert to Islam and wear headscarves, I highly doubt it is as bad as people are trying to make it seem, I've read too that young muslim women are going against wearing headscarves, what I've read about the Hijab is that both men and women wear them and they need to be modest in eachothers company, women wear headscarves and men has to lower their gaze ( which I think some Swedish men should learn... )

I am trying to puzzle togheter pieces of random information so I will be happy to hear what the true views are on women in Islam.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 10:22am
Allah in ch 4 v 19 of Quran says it is unlawful for you to inherit women under compulsion live in kindness with them. Allah in ch 24 v 30 of Quran says lower your gaze if a bad thought comes after watching a non permissible woman
Onigirice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onigirice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2016 at 11:53am
Okay, Chadar isn't a 'must' in islam. So, if u don't use cadar it's okay. But the rules is to wear Jilbab.
Why?
Because Islam want to protect the woman from the bad guy, If u're a good guy you should marry her so she have a same position like u. *sorry if i rude* imagine if a boyfriend have a sex with his girlfriend, and that girl is pregnant, but the boy is irresposible and leave that girl alone with the baby in her uterus. Can u imagine the woman position in that, it's not fair, the boy just gone and the woman must take care of the child. And the child grow without father. Isn't it sad?

"they don't look at her, they don't talk to her"
Boy can talk to girl but not with a dirty mind. If it's something like schoolwork, etc they can talk. Not think the dirty thought about her is a respect in islam. Qur'an say to the boy and the woman to lower her/his gaze to protect them from disrespect (think dirty thought) about their opposite gender

Btw, Abaya is the long dress (u can combine with a skirt and shirt), Khimar is what we put in the head, cadar is a fabric that cover the face except eyes. Jilbab is Khimar+abaya. And the color must not black, we can use another color

I want to say many word but, my ability to write english isn't necessary so I'm really sorry if it's confusing

*Sorry, bad grammar

Edited by Onigirice - 26 February 2016 at 11:58am
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Delauren Delauren wrote:

This is something that really makes me both interested and puzzled, the view on women in Islam.
Myself lives in Sweden and it isn't uncommon for me to hear how badly women are treated within Islam, yet there are Swedish women converting to Islam, I have heard two very different sides of how women should be treated within Islam, the reason Swedes claims they are treated badly is because "they have to wear Hijabs!" ( tough i guess they mean the headscarves ) and are viewed as less worth then the men, and compare that to the Swedish women who are allowed to show their hair and are, at least according to law, equally worth to men ( tough a lot of Swedish men still look down on women ). From a documentary I saw with Muslims living in Sweden a man pointed at a women wearing Abaya ( I'm sorry if it isn't called Abaya, what i mean is the black long dress that covers everything but their face/eyes, might be Chador I mean? ) and said that men respects her, they don't look at her, they don't talk to her etc, which sound strange for a Swede like me, how would it be respected to not be talked to? At the same time, I've also heard that women have the opportunity to choose if they want to be part of Islam and if they themselves choosed this life, then by all means.
I do not believe that just cause our views are different it means yours are bad, I am merely trying to understand the truth behind what I suspect to be propaganda spread by hostile people aswell as the difference in views, if Swedish women who are used to living with their hair loose etc, choose to convert to Islam and wear headscarves, I highly doubt it is as bad as people are trying to make it seem, I've read too that young muslim women are going against wearing headscarves, what I've read about the Hijab is that both men and women wear them and they need to be modest in eachothers company, women wear headscarves and men has to lower their gaze ( which I think some Swedish men should learn... )

I am trying to puzzle togheter pieces of random information so I will be happy to hear what the true views are on women in Islam.
Ok sis, let me add two coins in this discussion as per my understanding of issue of hijab, niqab etc of women in Islam vs among Muslim communities. First of all, other than the essential covering of private parts, as others have said the covering of body with chadar or jilbab or anything else, is only for one's own protection; protection against evil minded people of the society roaming in the streets or elsewhere around the corners. Now, since the societies varies from country to country, therefore, the level of protection needed by an individual Muslim women also varies and therefore can't be considered fixed. On the contrary, if wearing hijab/jilbab makes her vulnerable (like eg in some EU/USA countries), then it more preferable, IMHO, not to wear it, at all. All other issues attached with this, are all cultural influences.
shamshon View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamshon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 8:55pm
Hi
I am 43 male / saudi arabia
Seen your comments about women in islam
It is very long complicated answer
But believe me sister , from inside view , even from inside of saudi arabia community view , it is very much like the western sense of living at any community regarding same matter ... human nature prevail ... covered uncovered , polygamy or not ... it us very much same life style ...
I had been into newzealand 3 times
E mail me if u like : [email protected]
Or whats app me ! :    00966553600049
Thanks and best wishes
Dr Murad
adamwert View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 7:04pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgw6y3cH7tA ;

Many people want to revert to Islam because they want to lead a more respectful and dignified life.  
ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:04am
very nice jazakAllah
Arran Villegas View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arran Villegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 8:54am
jazakAllah
Thanks for Talking on Islam And Women. 
Womens Have Importance in Islam and Also in Quran says Rights about the Womens. You Should Read The the Quran to understand this Matter in a batterway. You Can Lerrn Quran Online And Sunnah with Letsreadquran. They Teach You All about Islam and Importance Aspects of Islam. You can also Learn Different Dua's. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic