IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am not a new muslim but struggling  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am not a new muslim but struggling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justanotherlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am not a new muslim but struggling
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 3:47pm
Salaams everyone,

I was born a muslim (Allhamdullilah) and all my family are muslims, I was born and raised in the UK and moved to the middle east for a few years when I was 16.

I met somebody and now preparing to get married... but I am struggling to avoid certain temptations and things that stray me from my religion. I have been taught everything, I try and pray when I can and I would consider myself a semi modest person as I am not yet wearing the hijab... I have now returned back to the UK in the past few months and I find myself steering off the right path? I keep telling myself when I am married it will be a fresh start, I will put everything behind me... So in a way I am slowly stopping everything that leads me off me from the ways of our final prophet PBUH and Allah (SWT) ... but I keep telling myself my marriage is my ultimate goal....

Am I wrong? Should I be doing different? Any advice on how to jump back on track? I am slowly trying....

JZK in advance...
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 9:01pm
Wa'alaikum salaam,

It's already half years ago, your request for an advice has not been answered, and I will try to provide input to you now, I wish it's not too late.

I think you are not 100% wrong if all you've done wasn't deliberate or because you didn't know before. (Quran surah Al Ahzab (33), verse: 5)

Just keep trying to jump back on the track with patience because Allah has compassion on those who are patient in carrying out His commands.
Show to others that you are really a good Muslimah, pray only to Allah according to what you want, as long as the content of your pray (dua) is good, do it with khusu ' (seriously), in the hope that your dua will be granted immediately. (Please read Quran surah Al-Baqarah (2), verse: 186)

I pray to Allah hoping that your struggle will be ended by happiness, Insha'Allah.

Asep

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic