IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - why be animals?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why be animals?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syedi_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why be animals?
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 10:07pm
Why should we be allowed to be animals with no control over ourselves when we see a woman? To a great degree almost every Christian man has the power in themselves to look at an attractive woman and not even think about carnal relations. Why is it that we are raised to think that we cannot have that much control? Does the fact that we don't have that much control make us less than them as true men? After all, what true man would force themselves on a woman that does not want them? And why would we justify to ourselves that a woman "wants us" just because she is dressed a certain way, or dressed at all?

This is one of the things that I have a tremendous problem with, being a new convert....I think that the general attitude amongst the devout that I have met is one that has no respect for women of other faiths....and that promotes hatred and strife. Why would we want to do that?

I think that the entire attitude that we should be allowed to rape women from other faiths is pure selfishness and has nothing to do with worshiping Allah. I think that Mohammed was very wrong in his subjugation of women and female children.....and that the general attitude amongst those of my newfound faith are not going to be conducive towards a civil society....

Can anyone explain or mitigate my misgivings please?

-Syedi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic