IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anti-science madness  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-science madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2016 at 10:23pm
Dear Airmano,

----------------
A) The error is human
----------------
I strongly agree that human is the place of the error, for example, the opinion of many experts were not always the same, like Plato, Ptolemy, Copernicus, and Sir Isaac Newton. This indicates that human knowledge is always growing towards perfection in their research. Unlike the Quran which only informs a situation or an event, and then the humans who have to prove through his mind.

------------------
B) The Quran is (thus) man made
------------------
If you say that the Quran made by human, for me is not a problem and does not force you to believe in the Quran, but for me that all the contents of the Quran are revelations of God which is written by the companions of the Prophet Muhammad and witnessed by the Prophet himself.

I was a Muslim who is not easy to believe if I haven't found an absolute truth, I believe in the theory of Newton's "Law of Universal Gravitation" because according to the word of God that created the universe.

I've been studying the Quran from childhood until now I am 56 years old, and the more I learn the Quran increasingly believe that all the contents of the Quran are the words of God. I find a lot of God's words in the Quran relating to science, not only that, I also had the opposite experience with science, like the Law of Gravity and the Law of Inertia of Newton (believe it or not).

Regards,
Asep
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2016 at 10:28pm
Dear Tim the plumber,

I'm sorry, because I am not a scientist, but the story of the flood in the days of Noah it's the Word of God, and I believe in the Word of God. Below are some verses about the sequence of events in the time of Noah's flood.

QS (11): 37-38
"And make the ark with the supervision and guidance of Our revelations, and do not talk with Me about the wrongdoers. Indeed, they are to be drowned. "
"And Noah began to make the ark. Every time their leader walks through Noah, they mocked him. Noah said: "If you mock us, then we will also mock you as you mock us."

QS (7): 64
"So, they rejected Noah, then We saved him and those with him in the ark, and We drowned those who belied Our verses. They are people who are blind (blind the heart's eyes). "

QS (29): 14

"And verily We sent Noah to his people, and he remained among them a thousand years less fifty years. Then they were hit by big floods, and they are the ones who do wrong.�

Unfortunately, no one can live on the days of Noah until now, but whatever it is, I prefer to believe in the words of God who created mankind than to the opinions of mankind whose opinions are often different.
I would believe in the mankind opinions, when their opinions according to the words of God in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Tim the plumber,

I'm sorry, because I am not a scientist, but the story of the flood in the days of Noah it's the Word of God, and I believe in the Word of God. Below are some verses about the sequence of events in the time of Noah's flood.

"And make the ark with the supervision and guidance of Our revelations, and do not talk with Me about the wrongdoers. Indeed, they are to be drowned. "
"And Noah began to make the ark. Every time their leader walks through Noah, they mocked him. Noah said: "If you mock us, then we will also mock you as you mock us."

"So, they rejected Noah, then We saved him and those with him in the ark, and We drowned those who belied Our verses. They are people who are blind (blind the heart's eyes). "

"And verily We sent Noah to his people, and he remained among them a thousand years less fifty years. Then they were hit by big floods, and they are the ones who do wrong.�

Unfortunately, no one can live on the days of Noah until now, but whatever it is, I prefer to believe in the words of God who created mankind than to the opinions of mankind whose opinions are often different.
I would believe in the mankind opinions, when their opinions according to the words of God in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep

Thanks bro for your work to dig out the relevant verses of Quran to show that nowhere Quran declares the flood to be over whole world, but specifically for those who denied the Ayats of Allah, here implies tribes of Noah and around in a limited sphere. The reason why so many (Christian (disguised) Atheists or vice versa) keeps hammering upon such issues is because they found such absurdities from elsewhere in their religion and assume similar views should exist in Quran as well. However, none of them, not to my knowledge, have shown anything in Quran which is anti science. Kindly refer my discussion with Bro Airmano on the same topic in previous pages.
Similarly, although they do allege errors in Quran, but miserably failed to substantiate their allegations, this is especially with Bro Tim The (so called scientist) Plumber.

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 15 October 2016 at 10:05pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 1:47am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Tim the plumber,

Regards,
Asep

If you were ever to do the basics of river errosion or geology you would understand that every single river valley in the world, every single place where sediment would have been depositied such as every single sea bed says that there there has never been a world flood.

This is not a matter of opinion. It is no more debatable than the fact that it rains.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 1:49am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Thanks bro for your work to dig out the relevant verses of Quran to show that nowhere Quran declares the flood to be over whole world, but specifically for those who denied the Ayats of Allah, here implies tribes of Noah and around in a limited sphere.

So, and here I only know the Biblical version, did Noah's boat land on the biggest mountain in Turkey or was it just a small local flood which has often happened especially in the river valleys of the Tigres and Euphrates?

If its' the second then I have no trouble believing that this flood happened but then its' not much of a claim.

asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 1:38am
Dear Tim the plumber,

Due to the flood has occurred centuries ago, the earth's surface has undergone changes naturally, and at that time the humans most were still gathered in the middle east and not as much as now, therefore, some people think that it's a world flood.

If I look carefully to the words of God in the 29:14, the interpretation of the word "Aththuufaanu" is "the great flood" not the world flood. So, my personal opinion is:
The great flood may include water covered the entire surface of the earth because we can't find a living witness in today, but surely that all the people of Prophet Noah drowned by the great flood (except the loyal followers) although the water did not cover the entire surface of the earth.

Regards,
Asep
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Thanks bro for your work to dig out the relevant verses of Quran to show that nowhere Quran declares the flood to be over whole world, but specifically for those who denied the Ayats of Allah, here implies tribes of Noah and around in a limited sphere.
So, and here I only know the Biblical version, did Noah's boat land on the biggest mountain in Turkey or was it just a small local flood which has often happened especially in the river valleys of the Tigres and Euphrates?If its' the second then I have no trouble believing that this flood happened but then its' not much of a claim.

Please just don't believe me and look at the verses yourself. The misperception is not unique to Christians but among the Muslims as well, but their source is also baised due to biblical accounts.
Best regards
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 11:52am
@Ahmad
Quote Thanks bro for your work to dig out the relevant verses of Quran to show that nowhere Quran declares the flood to be over whole world, but specifically for those who denied the Ayats of Allah, here implies tribes of Noah and around in a limited sphere.
Please just don't believe me and look at the verses yourself. The misperception is not unique to Christians but the Muslims as well, but their source is also baised due to biblical accounts.

As told, Ahmad we are not done yet with this discussion.

Well, first: No surprise that the Quran doesn't talk of "over the whole world". Nobody, including the prophet had a precise idea of what "whole world" really meant at the time. There are even claims that Mohamed thought the earth was flat and the the sun sets in murky water (18:86).

One can however gather facts from the Quran and the exegesis that make clear what was likely to be meant.

When looking at the Wiki entry on Noah you find the sentence under "Noah in Islam": Abdallah ibn 'Umar al-Baidawi, writing in the 13th century, explains that in the first of its three levels wild and domesticated animals were lodged, in the second the human beings, and in the third the birds. On every plank was the name of a prophet.
- i.a.W. implicitly a world wide flood.

Furthermore if you look at the translation of 23:27 in Corpus Quran you'll find that almost all translators imply a worldwide flood (and no one favours a local one).

In addition: in 71:26, Yusuf Ali:   And Noah, said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers, a single one on earth! .
So either God didn't bother much about Noah's wish, or much more likely: The Quran talks of a worldwide flood !

Now:
5 of the 7 translations of 11:44 state Mount Judi, the other two unspecifically of "On the Judi". If you want more have a look here for example.
So a clear majority for "on a mountain", implying hundreds of meters high.
Again this means a worldwide flood and not a local one.

Last not least, looking at the word by word translation of 23:27 in Corpus Quran (omitting parenthesis) you'll read:   then put into it of every mates two and your family...
So, as already established, no sign of "take only domestic animals" or "just take what you need for your own survival" statements.

To summarize: Historical Quran exegesis as well as more recent translators agree on the "worldwide flood assumption".   
The interpretation as "local flood" came probably from the infamous Mr. Bucaille and can -forced by the now established knowledge that a worldwide flood is impossible- rather safely be seen as a desperate attempt to "float with the tide" - to do the pun.

If you still insist on a local flood model, I would like to see some support from the Quran (supposed to be crystal clear) to corroborate your view.

Can you ?

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 19 October 2016 at 6:20am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic