IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 7. The Trials & Tribulations caused by the Dajjal  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7. The Trials & Tribulations caused by the Dajjal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
samirfaithful View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samirfaithful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7. The Trials & Tribulations caused by the Dajjal
    Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:28am

(a) The Dajjal's Trickery, Deception, and Super-Natural Acts

Two angels resembling two Prophets, one on either side will accompany him. This will be to test mankind. Hence, the Dajjal will ask, "Am I not your Lord (God) ? Do I not give life and death?" One of the angels will reply, "You are a liar." However, nobody will be able to hear this reply besides the other angel. The second angel addressing the first angel will say, "You are speaking the truth." Every body will hear what this second angel said and will think that an angel is testifying that the Dajjal is Allah (God), though in reality this second angel was addressing the first and agreeing with his reply that the Dajjal is a liar.   (Safeena/ Musnad Ahrnad)
The Dajjal will cure those born blind, restoring their eyesight and cure the lepers. (Abdullah bin Mugaffal/ Kanzul Unimal)

He will approach a Bedouin whose parents have passed away and will say to him, "Will you believe that I am your Lord if I bring your parents back to life?" The Bedouin will reply, "Yes." The demons, that are accompanying the Dajjal, will assume the appearance of his parents and say to the Bedouin, "Oh son believe in him and follow him, he is your Lord.' The Bedouin will be deceived into believing the Dajjal.   (Ibn Majah, Ibn Khuzaymah, and Al-Hakim).

He will come to another Bedouin and say, "Will you believe in me as your Lord if I bring your camel back to life?" "Yes", he will reply. He will make a figure for him like his camel, which will have a beautiful odour and a big hump.   (Asma bin Yazeed /Mishkat)

Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم has informed us: "He (the Dajjal) will have two flowing rivers. One (river) will appear to be pure water, and the other will appear to be flaming fire. Whosoever lives to see that, let him choose the river that seems to be fire, then let him close his eyes and drink from it, for it will be cold water...and the cool water will be fire." (Sahih Bukhari). A variation of this Hadith says: "Whoever meets the Dajjal and sees the water and the fire, he should fall in the fire and not the water, as the fire will actually be water and the water will actually be fire.'' (Huzaifah/Mishkat). Another variation of this Hadith "...he will also have Paradise and Hell with him. Though his Paradise will appear as Paradise, in reality it will be Hell, and likewise, though his Hell will appear like Hell, in reality it will be Paradise." (Sahih Muslim)

(b) The Dajjal (AntiChrist) faces Opposition

Abu Saeed al-Khudri said that Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "On hearing about the Dajjal, a true believer will head towards him. However, on the way, he will be stopped by Dajjal's soldiers and asked where he is intending to go. Replying that he is going to meet the person who claims that he is Allah, the soldiers doubting him will ask, ''Do you not believe in our Lord (Dajjal) ?'' He will reply there is nothing hidden about our Lord Allah so how can I take Dajjal as my Lord. Angry at his reply, they will decide to kill him. But all of a sudden, one of them will say, ''Hasn't our Lord (Dajjal) prohibited us from killing anyone without his permission?" Thus, they will take him to the Dajjal. On seeing the Dajjal, he will shout, "O people this is the Dajjal the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم mentioned and warned the believers of". Dajjal will give an order for him to be killed. He will be placed on his belly and severely beaten. He will be asked, "Do you still not believe in him?" "No! You are the lying Dajjal" he will reply. The true believer will then be cut into two pieces, the Dajjal will walk in between the two pieces and address him, "Stand up." The true believer will become alive and stand up in one piece. Yet again, he will be asked, "Do you now believe in me?" He will reply, "It has only added to my insight concerning you that you are really the Dajjal." The believer will then proclaim, "O people he will not be able to do anything to any man after me." The Dajjal angry at his refusal, will grab hold of him and place a knife between his neck and throat to slaughter him, but he will be unsuccessful as Allah will place copper in that area and the knife will find no way to penetrate. The Dajjal will grab hold of his hands and legs and throw him into the fire. However, the fire will turn into a pleasant garden for him. This person will be the greatest martyr in the eyes of Allah and achieve the highest position due to his first death, which was caused by severance of the body in two pieces." ( Sahih Muslim)

(c) Believers in Allah will face hardship while the believers in the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) will temporarily rejoice

Nawwas bin Samaan said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "He will come to some people claiming to be Allah and they will believe him. Upon his order, the sky will rain, and the Earth will produce crops for these people. Their animals will graze on their land and return to them in the evening with large udders full of milk and their flanks full (stretched). Then, he will go to other people and call them, but they will refuse to believe in him. Without forcing them, he will leave. However, they will suffer great famine and will be left with no wealth. However, when these true believers wake up in the morning they will find that they are penniless and all their properties have been destroyed."   (Sahih Muslim)

He will pass by the wasteland and say: bring forth your treasures' and its treasures will follow him like swarms of bees." (Sahih Muslim).

(d) Dajjal's Rewards & Punishments
He will have a mountain of bread with him, but he will only give bread to those that believe and follow him.   (Jabir bin Abdullah/ Ibn Kathir's An-Nihaya)

(e) The Earth will uncover treasure at his command
Passing by a place in ruins, he will order it to uncover its hidden treasure. The earth will immediately uncover its hidden treasure and the treasure will literally follow him wherever he goes like bees following the queen bee.   (Nawwas bin Samaan/ Sahih Muslim)

(f) The Dajjal (Anti-Christ) lures Women
The Dajjal will make a stop at a place called Markanat (near Taif, Saudi Arabia). On hearing about his arrival, the women will rush towards him, the men will be forced to tie their mothers, daughters, and sisters fearing they will believe in him and get caught up in Fitna (trial and tribulation).   (Ibn Umar/ Musnad Ahmad)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic