IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Believing every word  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Believing every word

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Believing every word
    Posted: 08 January 2016 at 4:25am
Hi. I was wondering if people genuinely believe every single word of the Quran? I was wondering if people have actually read the whole thing translated into English?

I really struggle to take it all in and have done since I was about 10 to be honest, I am now 25 and have been reading it again (in English and through a reliable source) and it just seems to be making me angry.

Its really sexist towards women and that's my biggest problem. For example why do men get to have however many virgins in heaven? That's just one example I'm using but there are plenty more.

I started losing faith years ago and now it's tearing my family apart because I don't practice and they are terrified of other people finding out. There are so many variables literally ruining my life and the root cause is religion and culture.

Has anyone else felt like this?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2016 at 6:28am
Originally posted by sk123 sk123 wrote:

Hi. I was wondering if people genuinely believe every single word of the Quran? I was wondering if people have actually read the whole thing translated into English?

I really struggle to take it all in and have done since I was about 10 to be honest, I am now 25 and have been reading it again (in English and through a reliable source) and it just seems to be making me angry.

Its really sexist towards women and that's my biggest problem. For example why do men get to have however many virgins in heaven? That's just one example I'm using but there are plenty more.

I started losing faith years ago and now it's tearing my family apart because I don't practice and they are terrified of other people finding out. There are so many variables literally ruining my life and the root cause is religion and culture.

Has anyone else felt like this?

I've read the Qur'an in English so many times and I don't share your view at all. Where does it say that men will have virgins in heaven? As far as I understand it the Qur'an says that those who are in heaven will have a wife/companion that is so pure, same a woman who will have the same companion. The Qur'an was written in a masculine sense because it is is easier for the reader.

Some women came to the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and asked him if salvation was only for women. He said no but salvation is for anybody who has faith and who is chosen to be saved.

I suggest you re-read the Qur'an with an open heart.
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic