IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Earth is 6,000 years old  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Earth is 6,000 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2016 at 1:28pm
Simple(!)
Quote False. You have theories about how stars work and the sun...you have not been there, even if you were down under.

Have you ever met Jesus ?
No ?
And yet, you believe [in] him ?

And at the same time you seriously try to tell me that I have to go to the centre of a star to understand how it works ?

Goodness me!:   Airmano

Edited by airmano - 01 October 2016 at 1:34pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2016 at 12:25am
Dear All,

My opinion is that no one knows the exact age of the universe, human beings can only determine and predict through research.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all the efforts that have been made by experts, even that is now being carried out by them, because there are some of their efforts which proved acceptable to mankind and even by religion.

Lots of benefits from the research results and findings of experts, in addition to supporting the development of science also it can support in providing evidence of the truth of the Books revealed by God.

Thus, all the holy books need other sources as supporters, one of those is science.

Best Regards.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2016 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear All,

My opinion is that no one knows the exact age of the universe, human beings can only determine and predict through research.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all the efforts that have been made by experts, even that is now being carried out by them, because there are some of their efforts which proved acceptable to mankind and even by religion.

Lots of benefits from the research results and findings of experts, in addition to supporting the development of science also it can support in providing evidence of the truth of the Books revealed by God.

Thus, all the holy books need other sources as supporters, one of those is science.

Best Regards.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old. How exact would you like that figure to be refined to? How many decimal places?

Most holy books have lots of wrong bits in them. The world has never flooded for example.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 3:03pm
Dear Tim the plumber,

I said that no one knows exactly about the age of the universe, who knew only God because He created the universe. Even the coming of the Hour is no human being knows as mentioned in His word.
If there are claims about the age of the universe, it's only according to human's estimates, not necessarily in accordance with God calculation.

Regards,
Asep
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 9:51am

Dear Tim the plumber,

I said that no one knows exactly about the age of the universe, who knew only God because He created the universe. Even the coming of the Hour is no human being knows as mentioned in His word.
If there are claims about the age of the universe, it's only according to human's estimates, not necessarily in accordance with God calculation.

Regards,
Asep

Those pescky scientists have a very precise date for the start of the universe. They have this from looking at the universe and understanding it.

It is indeed not in accordance with the age of the world as given in the Bible (I don't know about the Koran) and it's 13.772 billion years.

I have no idea what the coming of the Hour is all about.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 2:19pm
Dear Tim the plumber,

Yes, I also don't know when the end will occur because of the knowledge of it is only Allah who knows it as mentioned in the Quran 7:187.
�They ask you about the Hour (Day of Resurrection):�When will be its appointed time?� Say:� The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (Alone). None can reveal its time but He. Heavy is its burden through the heavens and the earth. It shall not come upon you except all of a sudden.� They ask you as if you have a good knowledge of it. Say:� The knowledge thereof is with Allah (Alone), but most of mankind know not.�

Regards,
Asep

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 7:51am

Dear Tim the plumber,

Yes, I also don't know when the end will occur because of the knowledge of it is only Allah who knows it as mentioned in the Quran 7:187.
�They ask you about the Hour (Day of Resurrection):�When will be its appointed time?� Say:� The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (Alone). None can reveal its time but He. Heavy is its burden through the heavens and the earth. It shall not come upon you except all of a sudden.� They ask you as if you have a good knowledge of it. Say:� The knowledge thereof is with Allah (Alone), but most of mankind know not.�

Regards,
Asep

�But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

Edited by DavidC - 15 November 2016 at 7:52am
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Dear Tim the plumber,

Regards,
Asep

�But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

Yes, you're right David, no one knows, only God knows it.

The fundamental difference is: Quran 7:187 use the word "Lord" while Matthew 24:36 uses the word "Father".

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic