IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about 22:27  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about 22:27

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 3:13am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I have no idea why he referred to cars as "animals", by "every animal imaginable", he must have meant "every form of transportation imaginable". Which does nothing to clear up the mistake.
There is no mistake and only requires you to open up your mind beyond literal bounds. Please don't ask for the 'cat' or 'dog' as an evidence for heavy rain.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 4:21am

I have no idea why he referred to cars as "animals", by "every animal imaginable", he must have meant "every form of transportation imaginable". Which does nothing to clear up the mistake.

Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

There is no mistake and only requires you to open up your mind beyond literal bounds. Please don't ask for the 'cat' or 'dog' as an evidence for heavy rain.

What do you think "every animal imaginable " means?
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2016 at 2:03am

All or any type of means of travel/communication, imaginable.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2016 at 7:36pm

All or any type of means of travel/communication, imaginable.

So according to the tafsir, God in the Quran said to Abraham that people will come to him via "any type of means of travel/communication, imaginable".
Do you agree with this interpretation?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 9:32am
Go and take another look of the tafsir that I referred you on page 1 of this topic. I just duplicate it here, just in case...When the Pilgrimage was proclaimed, people came to it from every quarter, near and far, on foot and mounted. The "lean camel" coming after a fatiguing journey through distant mountain roads typifies the difficulties of travel, which Pilgrims disregard on account of the temporal and spiritual benefits referred to in the next verse.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 5:48am

Go and take another look of the tafsir that I referred you on page 1 of this topic. I just duplicate it here, just in case...When the Pilgrimage was proclaimed, people came to it from every quarter, near and far, on foot and mounted. The "lean camel" coming after a fatiguing journey through distant mountain roads typifies the difficulties of travel, which Pilgrims disregard on account of the temporal and spiritual benefits referred to in the next verse.

Funnily enough, this interpretation also gives a timeline, stating �when the pilgrimage was proclaimed��, which would disqualify it from being a prophecy of the future.

When it was proclaimed, people allegedly came to it �from every quarter, near and far�� I doubt they truly came from �every quarter, near and far�. The world is bigger than Arabia.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 5:05am
Pilgrimage for the Muslim as per the teachings of Prophet Mohammad, though it was already in vogue before him, but he corrected some of its pagan rituals.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 5:18pm

Pilgrimage for the Muslim as per the teachings of Prophet Mohammad, though it was already in vogue before him, but he corrected some of its pagan rituals.

This doesn't explain how people were coming "from every quarter, near and far", "when the pilgrimage was proclaimed".

The pilgrimage was proclaimed by Abraham. People did not come to him "from every quarter, near and far". They came maybe from all over Arabia. There are many more locations than just from all over Arabia.

Edited by TG12345 - 24 March 2016 at 5:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic