IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do all Muslims support killing others or violence?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do all Muslims support killing others or violence?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaysoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do all Muslims support killing others or violence?
    Posted: 10 December 2015 at 7:15am
I don't support hate, and lately I have been bashed for not hating Muslims.
I don't understand your religion, and I would like to be enlightened.

In the Quran it teaches violence I read.

I don't support using violence on others, but accepting your own beliefs and ignoring those who don't.

I ask this: Are all Muslims violent and out to kill those who don't follow your religion? Or are there those who are followers who don't support the violence aspect of the religion?

Thank you.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 7:36am
Allah in ch 5 v 32 of Quran says if you kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if you have killed whole humanity if u save an innocent human being means as if you have saved whole humanity. Allah in ch 28 v 83 of Quran says Allah will grant home of hereafter only to those who don't want mischief in the land.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 7:04am
Kaysoy, welcome! The vast majority of Muslim are like you and I, who are opposed to violence and killing. That very small percentage of Muslims who commit acts of wanton violence are mainly motivated by political grievances and not religious proclamations. I want to also caution you that when reading the Quran context is extremely important for proper understanding of its verses.

Edited by abuayisha - 23 December 2015 at 7:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic