IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings!
    Posted: 22 January 2006 at 6:51am

Greetings everyone,

My name is Keith and I am studying Islam and the Qur'an on my own as there are no teachers or Mosques in my area of south Alabama,USA.

The reason I began my studies,was to find out exactly for myself as to what the Quran says and what it does not..because I kept hearing people say that Islam doesnt teach the Terrorism and Aggression that we see on TV and from Islamic Countries..So far I have found out this to be true,that Islam doesnt teach these evil things...But its hard to realise these things from all thats going on with Islamic countries..

I hope to learn more about Islam and Hope and pray that God Opens up the eyes of all those who follow such evil people and teachings that claim to be Muslim..so they will realise they are not following the ways of Allah or His prophet(pbbh)...

Im also trying to learn the prayers,can any one give me help? I tried posting on the other threads but it would not allow me to post...

Edited by CrescentStar67
Murat_Mutlu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murat_Mutlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 9:11am

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure many will extend to u a helping hand on this.

LEt me give u a link, a brief page to read
http://www.icbr.org/embrace.htm

And this one is a series of books you will find most of your questions addressed in various ways:

http://www.guzelislam.com/pdf/dil.htm#english

Maybe start with reading

16-Why Did They Become Muslims
8-Belief and Islam
11-Advice for the Muslim
17-Ethics of Islam

If you have Christian background, then
12-Islam and Christianity
13-Could Not Answer

10-Answer to an Enemy of Islam

If u want to proceed into belief set and rights / wrongs in ISlam, then u can proceed with this set (though maybe heavy for yu to start with, it is not the practical teaching how to perform rituals, it is about building a right understanding and correct beleif ...)

1-Endless Bliss First Fascicle

2-Endless Bliss Second Fascicle

3-Endless Bliss Third Fascicle

4-Endless Bliss Fourt Fascicle

5-Endless Bliss Fifth Fascicle

Let us know if you have specific questions.

You can read Qoran,
Read Chapter 2, that is a spiritual introduction,
Listen to first 10 verses, see how Allah classifies the human in three general classes in terms of their belive,

Read chapter 55-Er-Rahman,
This chapter has a lot of dep meaning, is about the man, the soul and the walking man, and the blessings of Allah,
given so much to human ...

I am sure Qoran and HAdith will talk to your heart.

Regards,
Murat

12-Islam and Christianity

RazzyEMT View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazzyEMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 2:07pm

Assalam-alaikum,

I have been Muslim now for about 3yrs.  One book that I think is an excellent resource is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Islam by Yahya Emerick.  It outlines all of our basic beliefs and the reasons for them.

reema View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 2:27pm

saalamu 3lykum,

Hi Keith, some people have the wrong impression about islam and they think they are doing the right thing but they are'nt. People should not judge islam by the acts of the few people who are mislead.

I hope that this makes things clear for you.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 6:28pm

Hi CrescentStar67,

Welcome to the forum,

There is a book titled " Islam in Focus " by Hammudah Abdalati. It can be a good book for you to understand the basics of Islam. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Islam by Yahya Emerick is also very good as suggested by RazzyEMT.

Please don't learn or judge Islam by actions of people who commit wrong in the name of Islam. Terrorism for example has nothing to do with Islam.

Whoever kills a soul, unless for a soul, or for corruption done in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one, it is as if he had saved mankind entirely

[Qur'an 5:32]

Let there be no misunderstanding: Islam forbids the killing of innocent civilians, wherever and whoever they may be, in absolute terms.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
CrescentStar67 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 11:39am

Assalamu Alaikum Everyone!

TY Everyone for the suggestions and Links..I'll be sure to check them all out as I Can..And inshallah they will help me out.

Once again Ty all for the help and the kind welcomes!

CrescentStar67 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrescentStar67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 9:33am
For some reason I CANNOT reply or make posts in the other thread boards..
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 5:30pm

Bismillah, (In God's name)

Dear Keith,

We're glad to see you on this forum.  Welcome!

The forum is desigend to keep newcomers out of certain areas until they have made a certain number of posts, which I read in someone else's post is 40.  So just post here or in general discussion until then.

islamicfinder.org has a flash player prayer guide that shows you the physical steps of salat really nicely.  The transliterated words are a bit off, however, but they are still better than nothing.

A good thing to say is:  I seek refuge with God, Allah, from the rejected Satan.

and:  Ya Rub, which means My Lord.

and:  AstagfirAllah, which means in short I seek God's forgiveness, or if you see something terrible you can say that.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic