IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:01pm
Does anyone else's cat like to drink from the bathroom sink????  My black cat loves sink water....
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 1:39pm

All of my cats love drinking from the sink. My cat Nimur will get into  the bath when I get out before I have a chance to drain the tub. He justs gets in, stands there, then gets out.... He also carries socks from place to place. I find them in the strangest places.

Sukar likes to suck on my left earlobe. She has done this since she was a kitten and no matter how hard I try to get her to stop, she won't. She'll wait until I'm asleep and do it. My left ear is about 1/4 inch longer than my right ear now....

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:21pm

Oh the Socks thing...its driving me crazy, I haven't had a matched pair in 8 years. 

Chabat, also loves anything black....suitcases, purses, laundry.  If its black...its her bed. 

Kamoko, she likes to find places that she can hide but yet see everything.  Its like playing Where's Waldo on a daily basis.

And as for toys, I have found two things they love more than anything.  The ring off of the Milk Jug and foil balls.  I gave up buying toys along time ago.  Oh, and Ben Gay...its like catnip...had a strained shoulder after a particularly nasty volleyball game and spent the next two days removing Chabat from my shoulder. 

I think my next cat is going to be named Quettah.  (And yes, I know it means Cat in arabic)

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:55pm

Well, I just went and picked up Habibti from the vet and she is toothless and doped up but fine, Al HamdiAllah. She's my Ben Gay girl. She also loves the smell of ink and magic markers. If I leave any paper that I've just written on out where she can get to it she'll lick the ink off, or try to.

Hedeya, my little girl, loves to chew scotch tape. I'm not sure why. But she can hear me taping something three counties away...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
kaki View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:03pm

My little love is called Little Miss Emmaline Pankhurst Kasmieh a big name for the little 2.2 pound kitten who came into my life. I named her after a famous suffragist (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/WpankhurstE.htm ) who worked in the anti-slavery movement and was an overall activist who wanted only good for her fellow humans. Emmaline came into my life through a friend who had fostered her after being found in a dumpster with her fellow littermates.  She looks like a Maine coon and weighs in at a very lean 14 lbs.  She was a tiny kitten and could fit into half a Kleenex box and is now the length of two from nose to base of tail.  She is very independent and lets me know that she is in charge at all times.  She also loves to drink water from the sink and will sit there until I turn the tap on for her.  She loves to cuddle with me at night and will sit on my chest purring loudly.  She used to have a ground squirrel as a friend (he lived under our deck) she would catch him and carry him by the bum to the door and show me what a great huntress she is and I would tell her to let him go, which she always did.  This would go on all summer and lasted for three summers till one day he was no longer in our yard.  She is my little fur daughter and brings great joy into my life.

hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:19pm

As-Salaam Alaikum,

Check out this website. www.catoftheday.com.  It shows a cat everyday, and it tell the biographies of the cats.  It also has dogs and other animals on there as well.

Hakeema

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:24pm

http://www.stealthpromotions.com/cat.htm

This was sent to me by email a number of years ago...

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic