IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Adoptions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Adoptions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 7:52pm

If you are considering adoption from overseas, you might want to look into these countries or places like Sudan, or Chad

Hmm, I tried adopting a child from Sudan and they wouldn't let me.  Even though I'm muslim (born muslim at that) they said I'd have to be married to a Sudanese if I wanted to adopt.  Needless to say I was like...  "mmmm naw that's ok, I'll pass."

Angela, good luck with your adoption.  You'll make a great mother.   Taking care of an orphan is very noble, May Allah ta'al bless you for your efforts

Salaam

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:45am

My husband and I are going to attempt a foreign adoption from Russia.  Since I speak the language and I grew up in a Russian Orthodox family.  In Siberia, there are overflowing orphanages and the girls have no future.  They fall into cycles of abuse, alcohol, drugs and prostitution.  If I can bring at least one of them here and protect her from that.  I will be happy.  So many of the young women are dying of AIDS and other such things there.  I told my husband I want a 4-5 year old.  Since it will force him to learn Russian FINALLY. 

I also want to adopt a little girl from China.  If they are second daughters, they have little to no rights in China.

Its going to be a long wait to see what happens.  We have alot of choices to make while we are making payments on the adoption.  But hey, $4000 is better than $40,000.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:56am

Many African nationa do not allow foreign adoptions, for better or worse because of the long historical implications of the slave trade.. I once as my friend about it. She is from Tanzania...  That is one reason why adoptions from African countries are difficult.

Unfortunately as we see with the child sex slave trade.. I cannot fault people for being cautious.   

I think adoption is a great thing.. of course if done the right way.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2006 at 5:31pm
I just watched a programme last night about adoption cases from China, Russia and Romania. It was very very sad.. Every year 10.000 chinese children have been adopted by western countries' citizens. And i think (it's so sad to say but..) China is the cheapest country for adoption. Chinese governement allows only one child and families abondone their second child and their baby girls:( So there are so many chinese baby girl have been waiting to be adopted.
Looking after an orphan is an awarded attitude in Islam. And also, raising a chinese girl as a muslim can be another awarded attitude.

What a sad world! :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic