IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Surah Al Anbiya V: 95/96  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Surah Al Anbiya V: 95/96

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Ghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Qamar Faruqui Qamar Faruqui wrote:

Dear Brother Al Ghuraba, assalamoalaikum , I refer to your last sentence of your response:So there you have it! I hope that could answer it. Did you really think
that God Almighty, Lord of the Seven Heavens, Creator of All, would make
a mistake like that?
I am very sorry to tell you that where did I say in my posts that there are "Nauzobillah" mistakes in the Quran. You must never� allege any muslim like this unless he clearly states that he has doubts in Quran or that there are mistakes in Quran.� You can read my other reply to Abu Loreb regarding same matter. It means if there are matters in Quran which require deep understanding it doesn't mean that a person who is trying to seek deeper knowledge is trying to find mistakes in Quran. For your information I am a student of Classical Arabic which is the language of the Quran . I have nothing to do with modern Arabic. I am fully aware of the differences in Classical and Modern Arabic.� Another thing is that knowing the language is one thing and knowing its grammar is another thing. An Arab may be knowing his language very well but it does not necessarily means that he knows its grammar as well and that too of a high level. Since I am very busy at the moment therefore I cannot comment on your response but very soon InshallAllah� I shall reply to each and every comment you have given.

Brother, I never said that you had doubts about the Qur'an. I asked you if you did. I didn't say that you had doubts about the Qur'an, no, but what I wrote there was a rhetorical question. Did I "allege" you? Because if you have that impression, then I'll take back what I said, I'm sorry. Yet, you must know that I didn't mean what you thought I meant.

And, sure thing, as-salaam-aleikum, brother.
Qamar Faruqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qamar Faruqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 12:36am
ORIGINALLY  POSTED BY AL GHURABA
 (Assalamoalikum, Brother please see my comments in red font between the narrations of your post.)
I don't know yet if my previous post was activated when you replied, but I explained why "futihat" was used, so you can have a look above.

Now, as for the reason why Allah (SWT) switches "Qur'an" and "Book", we don't know why. Only God knows. But we CAN see the wisdom behind this, eventhough we still don't know why God chose to write like that.

As you may or may not know, the Qur'an is not just any book, but it is a masterpiece. You'll find verses following each other with miracles in each; like insane rhymes that cannot be compared to ANYTHING.

You'll also find that it is very relaxing to listen to, obviously, because it's from God. You'll ALSO find that it is very EASY to memorise, in comparison with other books. Not only because of the rhymes, but also because of the structure, and the grammar, and things like that. God Himself said that the Qur'an is easy to memorise! So whatever He does in His Book, it ALL has wisdom behind it. But, we don't know WHAT that wisdom is (sometimes)...

Now as for those two verses... I personally think that God switched those two up, because it would then be easier to memorise. Why? Because if He didn't switch those two words, the sentence would look alike. So much alike, that you could get confused when you're reciting, and you might accidentally switch the chapters up, because the beginning is pretty much the same. So both of those verses are unique, and can be distinguished from each other.

That's what I think, so don't take what I said as the answer, because I could be wrong. Only God knows why He does things that He does.
Comment Begins.
(Brother there are several surahs which begin with exactly same words and verses. So the argument that Allah (SWT) switched the word to make the surahs identifiable is not valid. Please see below surahs which begin with same verses:

بِسۡمِ اللهِ الرَّحۡمٰنِ الرَّحِيۡمِ

Ashua'ra-(The Poets)-26:1-2

طٰسٓمٓ‏ ﴿۱﴾  تِلۡكَ اٰيٰتُ الۡـكِتٰبِ الۡمُبِيۡنِ‏ ﴿۲

Al Qasas (The Narration) 28: 1-2

طٰسٓمٓ‏ ﴿۱﴾  تِلۡكَ اٰيٰتُ الۡـكِتٰبِ الۡمُبِيۡنِ‏ ﴿۲

Al-Hashr (The Gathering)-59:-1

سَبَّحَ لِلّٰهِ مَا فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَا فِى الۡاَرۡضِۚ وَهُوَ الۡعَزِيۡزُ الۡحَكِيۡمُ‏ ﴿۱﴾  

AS-Saff (The Row)- 61:1

سَبَّحَ لِلّٰهِ مَا فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَا فِى الۡاَرۡضِۚ وَهُوَ الۡعَزِيۡزُ الۡحَكِيۡمُ‏ ﴿۱﴾  

Comment Ends.

Another interesting thing is the following verse of each verse. Let's have a look:

"Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the Book and a clear Qur'an. Perhaps those who disbelieve will wish that they had been Muslims." - 15:1-2

It first talks about the Qur'an, and then He talks about the disbelievers, and He CONTINUES ON talking about them. While as we look at the other one:

"Ta, Seen. These are the verses of the Qur'an and a clear Book. As guidance and good tidings for the believers." - 27:1-2

Allahu akbar! God SWITCHES "Qur'an" and "Book" with each other, AND He talks about the believers now, INSTEAD of the disbelievers! Subhanullah! He first switches up, and then He writes something that is completely opposite to the previous one! And when we continue to read those two chapters we find out that in chapter 15 (the chapter where God first talks about the disbelievers), God AGAIN switches up from talking about the disbelievers, to talking about the believers (He talks about the Prophets)! Allahu akbar! Same thing with the other one (27)! There He first talked about the believers, and THEN about the disbelievers!
Praise be to Allah; Lord of the Worlds.
But like I said, the wisdom behind it, is (only) known to Allah (SWT). I hope this helped.
As-salaam-aleikum.
Comment Begins.
The above explanation is a very good attempt but still the logic of switching is not established. May be if you can identify the difference between Kitab and Quran (As far as the contents are concerned there is no difference)and then establish the link to foregoing subject you may be able to explain the wisdom behind it. Wallah O Alam. May Allah reward you for the effort.I am also trying. Comment Ends.

Edited by Qamar Faruqui - 19 November 2015 at 7:01pm
Al Ghuraba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Ghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2015 at 1:32pm
10:1

12:1

First of all, 10:1 and 12:1 are different, in case you didn't know. There's a difference between "mubeen" and "hakeem". So, you saying that these verses are "exactly the same" is incorrect.

26:1-2 and 28:1-2, however are the same. Same with 59:1 and 61:1.

There's IS a difference between "kitaab" and "Qur'an". "Kitaab" just means "Book", and it could mean ANY book. The Bible is a "kitaab", same with the Thora, or just another random book. But there's only ONE "Qur'an", which is the Holy Qur'an.

Same with "Hajar" and "Hajara". One of them could have multiple uses and meanings, while the other one is very specified.

"Hajar" means: "Stone".
"Hajara" means: "(that specific...) Stone (... I'm referring to).

Silly example, but you know what I mean. So, the meaning of both is not exactly "opposite", but that wasn't really my point. My point was that God switched the same pairs, after it has been mentioned the first time each. (So, it was first talking about "believers" and then "disbelievers". And in the other verse, the exact opposite).

But, like I said... These things that you're asking are weird things to ask, because the answer isn't there, even if you think it's there. And like I said in my previous post, that what I wrote is what I thought was right, but as you saw that wasn't 100% correct either (eventhough the answers aren't there specifically, I had a "hutch" of what the answer would be, but even that was wrong; meaning that there cannot be a direct-derived answer). I too like to question things, but ONLY things that I do not understand, that should be understood. Not things that won't give me any benefit. You can't expect to figure out why God does this and that... It's God. You can't figure Him out, unless He explains it Himself. We can all ask Him these wonderful questions in the Hereafter, where we will have the time to do this. For now, focus on understanding the Qur'an, and do not put all your time in "grinding" for minor details, because you might fail to see the big picture. Wallahi, if you asked the same questions to the Prophet (SAW), even HE wouldn't be able to answer you! But "Whatever he hears from God, that's what he shall speak", so whatever he doesn't know, he can't speak. And this is not something you can know out of your own... Just some advice.

You mentioned that the "logic of switching is not established". If it's logic you're looking for, without any direct explanation on these usages either, then you'll be searching for a long time, I think.

And God knows best.

Salaam-aleikum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qamar Faruqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 8:28pm
Brother Al  Ghuraba , Assalamoalikum,
First of all I regret the error of Hakeem and Mubeen in Q 10-1 and Q 12-1. I have edited the post and now the remaining verses posted in this respect are correct that is the surahs mentioned have identical opening verses.

Secondly this is a discussion forum and one should not become aggressive during the discussion. If there is debate to achieve something one should not become aggressive if his point of view is not proved , in no way it undermines the participant.

We all know what  Quran is meant for so it is not good to tell anybody that you leave this and do that. Lot of research is being done on the structure , composition and comprehension of the Quran . So your advice to me using words like wasting my time and grinding etc. are not worthy . One should be very humble and try to appreciate all efforts which give  more and more knowledge of this wonderful , glorious book. I was just reading an account of a court doctor of King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. He states that the king was very humble person . The doctor says he was an excellent scholar of Quran and when he used to recite Quran in front of him and made mistakes he would never snub  and say you made mistake but said read this ayah again. The doctor says he used to advise that seek explanation of the words and verses from the quran itself thus encouraging research.
Today in order to prepare ourselves for Dawah we must prepare ourselves to answer all possible questions. Your remarks that even prophet cannot answer or ask question in the hereafter are highly objectionable from the point of view of Dawah and decorum of discussions in a forum.
Take an example of questions posted by Qanoos which you have also answered. We should be prepared to face such questions in in a very polite and humble way. You have the right to express yourself but must never become personal by saying  objectionable things. I have not undermined  you in any way.
Deriving any type of knowledge whether from the linguistic point of view or to find deeper meanings of the words and verses does not go meaningless but such discoveries uncover the miraculous nature of the Quran and help during the Dawah particularly to draw the attention of those who do not consider it a divine book.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your post What will perish? and what wont?
You have very nicely replied to your own questions but most humbly I would like to add my humble effort in elaborating your reply to Q.#1 regarding "Face of Allah". Considering your immense knowledge my effort is like showing torch to the sun so with all due apologies in case you get annoyed I give the following presentation:
First of all analysis of the word "Wajhiya"
I have tried to explain this word using the explanation from Quran itself.

(  My face  )    وَجْهِ
يَ

Face ,  Visage or Countenance.

يَ- وَجْهِ         

Ya mutakallim ( 1st. person pronoun meaning my )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quran 3:20
    فَإنْ حَآجُّوكَ فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلّهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ وَقُل لِّلَّذِينَ أُوْتُواْ الْكِتَابَ وَالأُمِّيِّينَ أَأَسْلَمْتُمْ فَإِنْ أَسْلَمُواْ فَقَدِ اهْتَدَواْ وَّإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلاَغُ وَاللّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

Explanation of underlined words of this verse no.20 of Ale Imran:                               Allah (SWT) is advising the Prophet (SAW):

Fa-In :  Fa is the prefixed resumption particle meaning �Then� -" In" is conditional particle meaning �IF�. (Then if)

Haajj-u-ka : Haajj is 3rd  person masculine plural form III perfect verb meaning  to argue�-  U is 3rd person plural subject pronoun meaning �they� when joined to the verb it becomes Haajju meaning �they argue�-  Ka is second person masculine singular object pronoun meaning � you�. (They argue with you).

Fa-qul : Fa is prefixed result particle meaning� Then � -  Qul is second person masculine singular imperative verb meaning � say �.

(Then say)

Aslam-tu : (Here Sa La Ma is the root word meaning submission, it is noun)  Aslama becomes form IV first person perfect verb meaning � have submitted� . Tu is first person subject pronoun meaning  � I� . When Aslama is joined to tu the short vowel � a� which is fatha is removed by Arabic rule and ma becomes sukoon and the word becomes Aslamtu meaning              � I have submitted �. (I have submitted)

Wajhi-ya :  Wajhi is accusative  masculine noun meaning � SELF� . Ya is first person masculine singular pronoun meaning

� My �.  So the complete word becomes � Myself � . ( Here if the literal meaning of Wajhi is taken which is �Face� the word becomes � MY FACE�  and then the meaning becomes absurd  it would be read as � Say I have submitted my face�.

This meaning of  �Self � attached to Wajhu is typical  metonymic example of classical Arabic of Quraish and  is also prevalent in Semitic Judeo-Christianity.

Li-(A)LLahi: Li is the prefixed preposition meaning � to � or �for� here  � to� will be used . (A)LLahi is genitive noun which is the name we are so familiar with.  When preposition Li is joined to proper noun Allah then by Arabic rule Alif is omitted and it becomes Lillahi meaning � To Allah�.    ( To Allah )

So the meaningful translation becomes � Then if they argue with you then say � I have submitted myself to Allah�.

Thus this is the method of finding the explanation of Quran from the Quran itself.

So wherever �Wajhu� occurs in Quran attached to �Allah� that is � Face of Allah� the meaning would be Allah himself with all his attributes , examples are surah Qasas 28:88 and surah Rehman 55:27.

This is my very humble effort as a student of Quran. Errors and omissions if any are mine and if it depicts any wisdom its from Allah (SWT) alone (Hadha Rehmatum miRRabbi).

I am no where near you in knowledge but sometimes Allah (SWT) gives wisdom to an ordinary person also to produce something worth while.

Thanks

Edited by Qamar Faruqui - 24 December 2015 at 1:50am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Ghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 4:52am
In the Name of God; the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Brother, where did I became aggressive? Could you point out the place where I became "aggressive"? I would love to see that, because I have no idea why you are saying that I reacted aggressively...

And second of all, I didn't say that you should stop studying the Qur'an and stuff like that, but in this case (i.e., the studying of why God starts with this and that) it's kind of... I don't know. Useless? Why do I say that? Well, I myself LOVE to research the Qur'an and ask questions about every single verse, but there are things which NO one knows, except God. This is one of those things. Like for example, does ANYONE know why God sometimes start with Arabic letters, like "Alif Laam Meem"? No one knows for sure. People are just guessing. The Prophet didn't even know. So, asking questions like that are okay at first, but continuing to ask those questions is a waste of time. You know, and I know, that some questions cannot be answered with the knowledge we have now. This is one of those questions. Once we found out that the questions we're asking cannot be answered just yet, we MOVE on.

Try to cover as much ground as possible, or in this case; try to study as much as possible, and don't hang to the same subject. I'm not saying you're doing this... But that's my WHOLE point.

You got a question? Good. Try to find the answer. Did you find an answer? Alhamduillah. Did you fail? Keep looking. Do you come to the conclusion that a particular question CANNOT be answered? Then STOP looking, and move on, seriously.

Like, really we got Muslims today who spent 10-20 years of research trying to find out if the Qur'an mentions something about alien life form, and they spent most of their reseach on this... Really? Congratz. Meanwhile, our prayers are still half-broken, we pray too late, we don't know this and that, but yet they have no problems spending years on end trying to solve the LITTLE mysteries, or "questions".

"Is there alien life"? "How are the women of Paradise gonna look like, and how many of these will we be getting"? "How does Hellfire look like, and how big is it exactly"? "What did the prophets look like"? "How many prophets and messengers were there exactly"?

These are questions that are interesting, but to spend SO MUCH time on it, is a little... exaggerated.

We know from the Qur'an and Sunnah that the first human beings were huge, right? In the Sunnah it is written that Adam (AS) was about 30m long right? There have been skeletons discoverd all around the world that are between 5m-30m. Now THAT'S something interesting for DAWAH. Because that's observable proof.

Anyway, I'm not going to drag this on, you know what I'm saying.

Peace be unto you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Ghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 4:59am
And also, like I said, this question just will not be answered, I guarantee you. If you think otherwise, then you must also be thinking that we are able to pinpoint the start of the Day of Judgement, because that's also a thing that ONLY God knows, and no one else.

This is just like that.

You'll be searching for a long time, and people who want to know about Islam won't be asking the same question as this. They won't wonder "why" God writes in this fashion. They just want someone to tell them why they are in this hideous place, and what their purpose is.

First look at the picture, and if you're done with that, THEN look at the pixel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Ghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 5:03am
Also...

The question about the "futihat" was a VERY good one, though. But the one you're asking now, is in my opinion, irrelevant. Got to go now, need to pray 'Asr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qamar Faruqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 2:01am

Assalamoalikum,
 Brother I have explained everything which you are asking now , I have already written about how to respond in a forum.
What you are advising regarding leaving a research and continue to next is your perception .
 You also cannot guess about any body's level of Taqwa and piety about how much time one spends on prayers and whether they are done attentively or carelessly unless you  have been with a person for at least some time.
How have you assessed that I am only stuck on one or two things and not doing anything else?  What knowledge do you have regarding my routines? All these matters which go to ones  personal level must not be projected on a forum. Therefore you should not tell any body to leave this and do that. If you have an opinion give it and stick to the subject instead of telling the questioner to stop it and do something else, its the administrator who has the right to asses whether the rules are being followed or not and act accordingly.

I am very thankful to Abu Loren for bringing out the Tafsir of Jalalayn regarding Surah 21: 95-96 . I reproduce the remark of the mufassir regarding the gender of the verb used :
" there is an implicit genitive annexation before this clause, namely, the [gates of the] sadd, �the barrier�, [built] against them)"
Here the mufassir is pointing out to implicit annexation of the gender of the verb as I had already mentioned that sadd , radma are all masculine noun. The only thing is that the mufassir has not explained the reason of annexation. How ever it is very valuable information and it is the only tafsir
which has mentioned this. This is the purpose of the forum and not to go into personal side. Participation should be on the subject without unnecessary remarks . If one thinks its waist of time he should not participate and start forcing his personal views such as to concentrate on correcting prayers instead of doing this or that this not the decorum of a forum. You may not reply to this post.With best wishes.
Jazak Allah Khairun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic