IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Messenger Muhammad asks: Hey Osama! Why..  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messenger Muhammad asks: Hey Osama! Why..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:45pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

How can this be a threat to anyone's way of life?  I live smack dab in the middle of a western society and my Islamic identity, my morals, ethics and God-consciousness and my way of life are quite intact.

The issue is very deep sister but very true, by wearing western clothes dealing in worldly matters the way they do along there line of thought you loose your culture, identity and way of thinking as a muslim, becouse islam has shaped peoples way of thinking for 1400 years so in a way for the new generations they need the traditional culture to properly understand the religion as many expresions and moral stories in the Quran as well as the linguistic structure is the way it is so those who know the arabic and traditional culture understand it. loose that and you loose part of the knowledge in the Quran and how to interprate it as it should be interprated.

The arabic of the Quran was the actual arabic spoken at the time of the prophet [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] from the rich man to the bedoin in the desert the Quranic arabic was the arabic of the day. Now you need to take numerous arabic language courses to even get close to properly understanding it, read the life story of Muhammad Asad he spent two years in the deserts of Iraq to learn the arabic from the bedoins there so as to learn it as purely as possible and still he walked away from that saying he did not learn it to the same degree as the arabs at the time of the prophet.

this is all a part of culture, it may not be important to us in the near future but think on a wider larger scale.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
fehmi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fehmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 5:19am

Obviously, America is the new colonial power that continues the destruction and exploitation process that was not completed by the Spanish, Portuguese, British, French and Dutch imperialists.

It invades Muslims countries, takes Muslim resources of livelihood under its control, tortures Muslims in open and secret torture centres all around the world and rapes Muslim women in Iraqi prisons and elsewhere.

Compared with American state terrorism and violence, Usama seems like a very gentle warrior, even if all the "terrorist" acts attributed to him were really carried out by him.

When one thinks of the American state's disgusting actions against the sole ummah that worships Allah alone and nobody else (like Jesus who is worshipped by Christians as the son of god and even a part of God himself), all kinds of hatred for the American State (and not necessarily all of its people) sounds fair.

When I think of what this government does to the religion of Allah and its followers, I can't help saying a hearty "amin" to the prayer of the Prophet Nuh (Noah) cited in the Qur'an:

Qur'an; Surah Nuh, ayat 26 through 28

And Noah, said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers, a single one on earth!  

"For, if Thou dost leave (any of) them, they will but mislead Thy devotees, and they will breed none but wicked ungrateful ones.  

"O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!" 

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:09pm

Assalamu Alaikum fehmi,

( fehmi ) "Compared with American state terrorism and violence, Usama seems like a very gentle warrior, even if all the "terrorist" acts attributed to him were really carried out by him".

While I feel the pain resulting from illegal wars being fought by US, I would like to say that it is always better not to bring Osama into discussions related to Islam or Muslim followers. The reason is that Osama has nothing to do with Islam and Muslims. His ways of fighting are totally illegal and unislamic. He is not the soldier of Islam. The soldier of Islam is not allowed to kill innocent civilians by Allah and His Messenger ( SAW ) regardless of the gravity of provocations.

( fehmi )

When I think of what this government does to the religion of Allah and its followers, I can't help saying a hearty "amin" to the prayer of the Prophet Nuh (Noah) cited in the Qur'an:

Qur'an; Surah Nuh, ayat 26 through 28

And Noah, said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers, a single one on earth!  

"For, if Thou dost leave (any of) them, they will but mislead Thy devotees, and they will breed none but wicked ungrateful ones.  

"O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!" 

These verses above describe the situation at the time of Prophet Noah ( pbuh ), but we can not wish this way for unbelievers because if we keep this level of thinking towards unbelievers, how would we convey the message of Islam to them that should be our prime goal? Moreover, it is the government that is doing, therefore, its unjust policies should be condemned. But, still there are many American people who are innocent of what their government is doing.

I understand that things are tough for us, but we have to do what we have been assigned. And when we do what we are assigned, Allah's blessings will be with us. The trials come to believers to raise the level of their faith.

Let us all follow the true message of Islam, and do what Allah and His Messenger told us to do regardless of troubled situations.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:04am

Salam,

I also think that the title is not good at all. StafeEllah ya Rabi!

Also, I think that here, they are 2 issues that shall not be mixed up: religion and politics.

I think that in this case religion is used by both parts to serve their political interests. For example, you have on one side some islamists (I am not sure of the word here but you get the idea) who use Islam to recruit people to serve a political agenda. Whether that political agenda is good for some people or not, that is not the matter here. But religion is used to attract people. On the other hand, you have Bush and the evangelical christians talking about necessary crusades and mixing on purpose some political issues with Islam (if you notice and I read many articles about it, each time terrorism is mentionned, you see images of muslims who have nothing to do with that, so there is a confusion-done deliberetally as far as I am concerned- to link in the mind of people Islam to terrorism) and gain the support of people and justify the cost of war, only to secure oil and strategical points.

One of these strategical points and the most important one is Israel. The religion in itself is not so important but by its position, it works as a satellite for the US in a very very intersting location in the Middle East. They are a nuclear power and are not far from Iran, from all the places with extremely valuable ressources. If Israel was bouddhist, I am sure they would find a link between their culture and Buddism just to make sure this satellite there is serving their political interests.

Actually, there is a jewish sect called Neturei karta and they are extremely religious. Well, they REJECT THE EXISTENCE OF ISRAEL!! they are jewish but they think this is a crime to steal land and kill Palestinians. They always protest with Muslims for Palestine. If you really follow your religion, I do not see how you can commit any major crime.

Here is their website in the US MashAllah! Enjoy:

http://www.nkusa.org/

Salam,

Muslima

Edited by Muslima
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic