IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The EARTH is a CUBE!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The EARTH is a CUBE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2015 at 5:56am
Abu,

Did you see the super-moon eclipse?

APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar Eclipse

How do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Thje moon is created for it's light at night and for calculating time. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said there are 30 days in a month.

I think what he actually said was that if you don't see the new moon on the 29th of the month, you can start the new month after 30 days, i.e. that a month can be no longer than 30 days.  He had to say this because the moon is actually a very poor way of calculating time.  The synodic period is a bit more than 29.5 days, so the length of a lunar month can never be consistent.

Quote Yes but not deliberately in an anti-clockwise direction. Stars do not revolve around a galaxy because galaxies do not exist. Stars move around the earth. :)

The point is that the image of worshippers walking around the Kaaba could suggest any number of things.  There is no particular reason to associate it with the (apparent) motion of the stars around the earth.

Quote My goal terrifies people like you, faithless, heartless atheists who deny the Creator.

You are projecting your own terror of God's judgement.  Remember, we don't believe any of it.  How can we be in terror of a God who doesn't exist?

No, we reject your silly notion of the earth being a cube because it is just that: a silly notion that originated in your own head, with no basis in reality and no evidence even to suggest it.

Quote What I meant was that if a Muslim make a religious point on this forum then you guys just simply google it to find out what the heck he is talking about then you present their facts. Not based on your own knowledge.

You might be surprised.  I've learned a lot about Islam from this forum.  That was one of the reasons I came here.

Quote The only real space programmes are conducted by the countries you mentioned earlier. The rest are followers rather than doers. They open up a science book and think they are following real science but they can only do so much.

They have all launched missiles into space, and most of them have operational satellites.  All of them do science.  Your understanding of science is totally wrong.

I made a sincere effort to learn about Islam.  Perhaps you might try to learn a bit about science? Stern%20Smile

Quote Yes but I believe the guys who say that the whole thing is a toy with a camera attached.

Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.

Strangely, no one does. Wink

Quote Not odd at all. Any sane scientist who goes public will be ridiculed by the whole world then he will never work again as a mainstream scientist. So it's safer to go with the flow than 'rock the boat'.

Again, your ignorance of science is showing.  He would not be ridiculed if he could show evidence for his claims.  On the contrary, he would be celebrated as a hero and a genius.  Remember Albert Einstein, who revolutionized our understanding of physics?  Far from being "ridiculed by the whole world", Time Magazine proclaimed him as the Person of the Century, and "the pre-eminent scientist in a century dominated by science."

On the other hand, someone making radical claims based on "it seemed obvious" would indeed be ridiculed. Tongue

Edited by Ron Webb - 28 September 2015 at 6:55pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Abu,Did you see the super-moon eclipse?APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar EclipseHow
do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict
them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.

Can be predicted very easily once you start to track their orbits.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 2:56am

People have indeed been traveling about in
ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away
from the sight of land for that long.The ability of European
sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's
ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the
world is a sphere which rotates. Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Europeans started to navigate the world by inventing an instrument called the 'Sexton'.

The real world as you see it may be an illusion. THE REAL WORLD may be something completely different that you cannot be able to fathom. It scares the hell out of some people to know that they've been living in 'The Truman Show'.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I think what he actually said was that if you don't see the new moon on the 29th of the month, you can start the new month after 30 days, i.e. that a month can be no longer than 30 days.� He had to say this because the moon is actually a very poor way of calculating time.� The synodic period is a bit more than 29.5 days, so the length of a lunar month can never be consistent.

You think wrong. The moon is exact in it's phases, it's just that people sometimes cannot see it clearly that brings in the confusion.

The point is that the image of worshippers walking around the Kaaba could suggest any number of things.� There is no particular reason to associate it with the (apparent) motion of the stars around the earth.

The point is that in Islam nothing is done just for the sake of it. Everything has a point, the point being that we follow the Commands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and His final messenger to mankind Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

You are projecting your own terror of God's judgement.� Remember, we don't believe any of it.� How can we be in terror of a God who doesn't exist?

Yes indeed I am terrified of His wrath, hence the reason I'm trying to do what is commanded of me and to please Him so that I am not thrown into hell fire.

I suggest you do the same like pretty quickly as you are now grey haired and who know how many months you have left on this earth but Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

No, we reject your silly notion of the earth being a cube because it is just that: a silly notion that originated in your own head, with no basis in reality and no evidence even to suggest it.

My notion may seem silly to a person like you who is faithless, heartless and Godless.
Who needs evidence when you have faith? Better of the two.

You might be surprised.� I've learned a lot about Islam from this forum.� That was one of the reasons I came here.

I am really surprised. If you've learned a lot then you still do not know anything as you haven't become a Muslim yet with all the knowledge that you've gained.
Can't you see the TRUTH?

By the way I just want to say here that you are doing an excellent job for Iblis (satan). Keep up the good work and I wonder what the subject of your conversation be when you are both being roasted in hell fire. The mind boggles.

They have all launched missiles into space, and most of them have operational satellites.� All of them do science.� Your understanding of science is totally wrong.I made a sincere effort to learn about Islam.� Perhaps you might try to learn a bit about science? Stern%20Smile
Yes really? There are thousands of satellites up in space? And you actually believe that?

[QUOTE=Ron Webb]
Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.Strangely, no one does. Wink
I don't claim that anymore. :)

There's nothing up in space except space, the Sun and the Moon and the Stars.

[QUOTE=Ron Webb]

Again, your ignorance of science is showing.� He would not be ridiculed if he could show evidence for his claims.� On the contrary, he would be celebrated as a hero and a genius.� Remember Albert Einstein, who revolutionized our understanding of physics?� Far from being "ridiculed by the whole world", Time Magazine proclaimed him as the Person of the Century, and "the pre-eminent scientist in a century dominated by science."On the other hand, someone making radical claims based on "it seemed obvious" would indeed be ridiculed. [IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Tongue" />

I am sooooo glad that I am ignorant of science because it is a load of boll***s. Like I keep saying science is satan inspired and satan controlled. I mean look at the all the scientists they are also like you. Faithless, heartless and godless.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 4:05pm

You think wrong. The moon is exact in it's phases, it's just that people sometimes cannot see it clearly that brings in the confusion.

There are 354 days between the beginning of Ramadan 2014 (June 29) and Ramadan 2015 (June 18).  So were six months with 29 days, and six with 30 days in that period.
From there till the next Ramadan in 2016 (June 7) will contain five months with 29 days and seven months with 30 days.
There is no consistency at all.

Quote Yes indeed I am terrified of His wrath, hence the reason I'm trying to do what is commanded of me and to please Him so that I am not thrown into hell fire.

Your God seems like a bully and a tyrant.  Obedience I can understand, but how could you love someone who uses intimidation and threats to get his way?

Quote ]My notion may seem silly to a person like you who is faithless, heartless and Godless.

Godless, for sure.  But not faithless -- I have faith in humanity.  And heartless??  That's just insulting.

Quote Who needs evidence when you have faith? Better of the two.

You do.  You need evidence that your faith is the correct one.

Quote I am really surprised. If you've learned a lot then you still do not know anything as you haven't become a Muslim yet with all the knowledge that you've gained.
Can't you see the TRUTH?

Of course I can.  That's why I'm not a Muslim.

Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.Strangely, no one does.
I don't claim that anymore. :)

So how do these satellites stay up there for years and years?  Whatever the technology, it would be worth billions/trillions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.  Why doesn't anyone break the conspiracy and become a billionaire?  Apparently you have greater faith in humanity than I do. LOL

Quote I am sooooo glad that I am ignorant of science because it is a load of boll***s.

Your ignorant opinion is noted, and valued accordingly.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 2:48am

Abu,Did you see the super-moon eclipse?APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar EclipseHow
do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict
them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.

Can be predicted very easily once you start to track their orbits.

Yes. And in doing so you will find that they orbit around the sun, except the moon which orbits the earth.

Orbit as in going around.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 2:51am

People have indeed been traveling about in
ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away
from the sight of land for that long.The ability of European
sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's
ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the
world is a sphere which rotates. Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Europeans started to navigate the world by inventing an instrument called the 'Sexton'.

The real world as you see it may be an illusion. THE REAL WORLD may be something completely different that you cannot be able to fathom. It scares the hell out of some people to know that they've been living in 'The Truman Show'.

I think you mean Sextant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant

All it does is measure the height of the sun or pole star in the sky.

To use this data to work out where you are you need to use the theory that the earth is a sphere.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic