IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NASA Proves Islam is a trur religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NASA Proves Islam is a trur religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASA Proves Islam is a trur religion
    Posted: 30 August 2015 at 11:20pm
Many muslims have a question in mind that why is mecca a chosen place?Is there any scientific analysis on special significance given to mecca.Nasa scientists that analysed that Mecca the house of Allah is chosen with great precision.As such Islam is the true religion for all.

watch this powerful video that has brought many hearts closer towards Islam.

http://islamhashtag.com/miracle-of-kaaba/

Edited by ISLAM HASHTAG - 13 September 2015 at 6:15am
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 2:49am
I stoped when it showed the ratio of a human body to be 1,618. That was from the ground to hip vs hip to head(?) I think.

How bad at maths do you have to be?

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 5:57am
I'm afraid the precision isn't all that great.

I don't normally waste my time on videos (they seldom give references to back up their claims), but I was curious about this one so I skimmed through it with the sound off (not to disturb my wife -- another reason why I avoid videos).

The distance from the south pole to Mecca is given in the video as 12,348.32 km.  (Seven figures of precision!)  However, timeanddate.com calculates the actual distance as 12,373 km.  Mecca is about 25 km too far north to make this "miracle" work.  (Unless you believe that Allah is only approximately omniscient. Wink)

I responded to this claim on Islamicity a few years ago and got the same result (16 miles ~= 25 km).  But it doesn't matter how often claims like this are debunked.  Religious zealots just keep copying and pasting the same garbage from one Web site to another, totally oblivious to the facts. Disapprove

Edited by Ron Webb - 31 August 2015 at 5:58am
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
ISLAM HASHTAG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 7:45am
Do you think that mecca is just a spot on earth?

Non muslims are not allowed in the restricted area which is called" Haram" which inhouse the K'aaba.

The calculator you have given just generalises mecca,Mecca is 1200 km square.

I don't know if you are an aetheist or of a different religion,I would like to know if you approve the text part of the article.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 10:59am
Hi Islam Hashtag,

Sorry if my earlier message sounded a bit grumpy.  I probably shouldn't post messages first thing in the morning before I've had my tea. Smile

Yes, I think Mecca is just a city that grew up around the Kaaba, which is just an arbitrary spot on the earth.  There is nothing magical about it.  I don't believe in magic.  Yes, I know that Mecca is now a large city, but it wasn't always that way.  Certainly if Allah wanted to incorporate the Golden Ratio into the location of the Kaaba He could have been more accurate.

I am an atheist, but I usually avoid that term because it simply means I don't believe in gods -- it doesn't tell you what I do believe.  I prefer the term "humanist", which emphasizes that my focus is on humanity.

One of the reasons your post frustrated me is that I am constantly fighting a battle here to get people to understand that you can't just believe everything you read (or hear) on the Internet.  There is all sorts of nonsense out there, and it just gets repeated over and over.  People read something that supports their preconceived notions and never bother to check the most basic facts.

To be honest, I didn't even notice the text part of the article at first.  I just assumed it was a summary of the video, but apparently it makes an entirely different argument.

Do I approve of the text argument?  No, certainly not.  It just plays the same game that religion has been playing for thousands of years: pick something that we don't understand, and then claim it as proof of God.  They used to do that with lightning, and with diseases, and with planetary motions, and with species adaptations.  Now we understand those things, so they have moved on to the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the fine-tuning argument.  There will always be things we don't understand.  That's what makes science so exciting.

No, we don't know how the universe came to be, or what may have preceded it, or why it has the specific properties that it does.  But millions of us would love to know, and that's what science is.  As I've said many times on this forum, the "Goddidit" answer, aside from having no evidence to support it, is not an explanation for anything.  It simply provides a name for our ignorance, and an excuse not to look any further.  Saying that God created the universe still doesn't tell us how it was created.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 11:48pm
An advice,just google search the image of the ratio of human body,there is number of evident proof there.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 12:00am
I am not offended at all.And thanks for your consideration of the text part of the video.I understand that you are a humanist.And you don't believe in miracle but Indeed the creation of life is itself a miracle.No science has been able to create a life out of non living thing and no scientists know why all living things die.When a book has come to us telling everything that has happened in past and the things that will happen in future and the sciences we are discovering know is already coded in the book.How can we deny?

I have one little advice request,
Look at the verse of Quran "(2:23)which asks the people who don't believe in Allah to produce a single chapter like Quran and call their witnesses.This challenge was given to the people 1400 yrs back and no one has succeeded yet.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 2:18am
Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

An advice,just google search the image of the ratio of human body,there is number of evident proof there.

Please explain which ratios on the human body are the same as this number. Also please explain what this ratio is, I could only find a number which is not a ration, it needs another number for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic