IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NASA Proves Islam is a trur religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NASA Proves Islam is a trur religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 2:23am
Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

I am not offended at all.And thanks for your consideration of the text part of the video.I understand that you are a humanist.And you don't believe in miracle but Indeed the creation of life is itself a miracle.No science has been able to create a life out of non living thing and no scientists know why all living things die.When a book has come to us telling everything that has happened in past and the things that will happen in future and the sciences we are discovering know is already coded in the book.How can we deny?

I have one little advice request,
Look at the verse of Quran "(2:23)which asks the people who don't believe in Allah to produce a single chapter like Quran and call their witnesses.This challenge was given to the people 1400 yrs back and no one has succeeded yet.

http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_hanczyc_the_line_between_life_and_not_life?language=en

Here is an example of how far science has gone down that road.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 9:21am

An advice,just google search the image of the ratio of human body,there is number of evident proof there.

And here is my advice, again: don't believe stuff just because you read it (or see it or watch it) on the Internet.

I searched for images related to "ratio of human body", as you suggested.  Most of the results relied on either Da Vinci's famous drawing of "vitruvian man" (inscribed in a square within a circle), or from Adolf Zeising in the 19th century.  (It's amazing how these "factoids" get copied uncritically from one Web site to another.)  But did you actually check any of their claims?

The most popular claim is that the ratio of the height of the navel compared with the total body height matches the Golden Ratio (1.618...).  Why the navel in particular is never made clear, but never mind.

So go ahead -- measure the height of your own navel.  Divide it into your total height and see what you get.  I did that myself: I am 68 inches tall, and my navel height is 40 inches.  That's a ratio of 1.7, not 1.618.  Apparently my navel "ought" to be two inches higher.  Maybe I have sagged with age. Embarrassed

Sure, I can believe that the ratio is approximately equal to the Golden Ratio, but the precision implied by "1.618" is completely illusory.  It would require measurements accurate to less than a tenth of an inch.  I defy anyone to measure the height of their navel that accurately.

The bottom line is that you can find ratios that approximately match any number you choose, if you go looking for them.  There is nothing magical about the Golden Ratio.  Besides, if the Golden Ratio had any great mystical signficance, you would expect it to be mentioned somewhere in the Quran, wouldn't you?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 11:41am

Look at the verse of Quran "(2:23)which asks the people who don't believe in Allah to produce a single chapter like Quran and call their witnesses.This challenge was given to the people 1400 yrs back and no one has succeeded yet.

I have addressed this question as a separate topic: "a Surah the like thereof".
ISLAM HASHTAG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2015 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

An advice,just google search the image of the ratio of human body,there is number of evident proof there.
Please explain which ratios on the human body are the same as this number. Also please explain what this ratio is, I could only find a number which is not a ration, it needs another number for that.

This is an enrich your mathematics site which will explain all your calculations.Try it.(http://nrich.maths.org/7668)

Edited by ISLAM HASHTAG - 05 September 2015 at 12:33am
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2015 at 2:06am

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Please explain which ratios on the human body are the same as this number. Also please explain what this ratio is, I could only find a number which is not a ration, it needs another number for that.

This is an enrich your mathematics site which will explain all your calculations.Try it.(http://nrich.maths.org/7668)

I have watched some of the first ridiculious video. I will not waste my time on any other distraction.

You will have to explain some of it. Point out which bits of the human body have the ratio in the first video. YOU DO IT. not a link.

Avoiding this will demonstrate that you know it is wrong in the first place.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2015 at 4:39pm
For those having trouble with the latest link, here it is again (fixed): http://nrich.maths.org/7668

By the way, Islam Hastag, did you actually do the exercise described in this link?  If so, what numbers did you get?  Did the number 1.618 come up at all?

I got A = 0.9, B = 1.0 and C = 1.5 (inches).  So C/B = 1.5, and B/A = 1.1.  Nowhere near the Golden Ratio.  (I'd like to see a hand with a B/A = 1.618, by the way.  It would be freaky.)

For my arm/hand ratio (#5 in the exercise), I got 11/7 = 1.57.  Not bad, but not 1.618 either.  Anyway, the division between arm and wrist is fairly arbitrary (as are most of the others).  If I measured again I could easily get a smaller or larger number.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2015 at 12:58pm
@Ron
Quote I got 11/7 = 1.57

Another miracle !
Not only is it close to Golden Ratio it is also Pi/2=90� (2*1.57=3.14 !!!).
Looking at Eulers number 2.18... it is also not very far away.

Impressive.
------------------------------------------------------

Quote Islam Hashtag

I took the challenge and did bring up a poem at least as good as any Surah of the Quran here.
You can follow/participate in this discussion in Rons thread here.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 07 September 2015 at 1:24pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
ISLAM HASHTAG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 1:20am
As if you would become muslim if the golden ratio you are trying measure comes exact.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic