IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 110 killed in hajj stampede  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

110 killed in hajj stampede

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 3:05am
Selamunaleykum,

Throwing stones at (not the wall but..) the shaitans are required. However, throwing stones after the Zuhr pray is sunnah. That's why people are crowded after zuhr pray to throw stones to the shaitans.
They can make it through all day but people generally prefer doing it after zuhr.

It can be an absurd question but some people told me that; these stones (which were throwing to shaitans) were selling by an American company! Is it true?

PS: Belated Eid  Mubarak to all my islamicity family:)
Brother Suleyman, where is my "harclik" (pocket money;)) brother? :)

Edited by Henna
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 7:29am

Bismillah,

Angel, I had heard that Hajj is only Hajj if it is performed at the time Sister Nausheen said.  People performing rituals at a different time of the year are performing Omra, not Hajj. 

I was saying that it was unheard of years ago to have Friday prayer and khutbah at three different times in one Mosque.  So if the sheikhs have made fatwas allowing that, maybe they will make fatwas allowing Hajj twice.  Allahu 'Alaam .  Full credit for this idea to Angel, of course.  I wouldn't have thunk it, miself!

Thanks for the hilarious poetry, it sounded pretty nice - to me.

A really true Knight you must be, with your horse and your verse so free.

Please take the time to see, that the Hajee have not travelled foolishly.

But worship their Lord as do we, and surely that is the key.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by Henna Henna wrote:

Selamunaleykum,

PS: Belated Eid  Mubarak to all my islamicity family:)
Brother Suleyman, where is my "harclik" (pocket money;)) brother? :)

...Jazak Allah Khair...Sister as you know from our traditions for taking the pocket money,first the hand should be kissed and put on to the forhead,i think it was clear...take care...

Isra'eel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isra'eel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 1:00am

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

All these incidents remind me to the Day of Judgement, where people also are pressing on each other because of the crowdedness. It is said that every son of Adam, aleihi salam, has only the spot where he can stand. People are going to run around as if they are drunk but they are not drunk but it is the horrors of the day of judgment. On the day of judgment people are just worried about themselves. They ties that exist here with the family and friends will disappear on the day of judgment. You will be concerned about yourself. You will be selfish because the sight of hellfire makes you selfish. You wish to ransom yourself from hellfire not just by spending the whole world in gold but also your wife, friends, children, and parents. You would be willing to throw your children and parents in to the fire to free yourself from it. People will step on each other. Some people are in the size of small ants and people step on them. Many things that happens during hajj are somehow a resemblance or reminder for us what will happen on the day of judgment.

When these things happen, the Day of Judgment is always in my mind. I guess if I were there it would be as if I see the Day of Judgment in front of me.

Salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic