IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 110 killed in hajj stampede  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

110 killed in hajj stampede

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:30pm

Bismillah

Allah knows best what is those people's destination and may He have Mercy on them and grant them His Forgiveness.

Although there is strong evidence confirming that death during Hajj is one of a martyr, it should not stop people from performing all the rituals accordingly, without exaggerated mental detachments and intoxicating chants leading to panic and ignorance of brothers and sisters around...

There is no point blaming Saudi government either... it is us individuals that need to be aware at all times and remind others to do the same.

MOCKBA
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:47pm
Somone has to better manage this stuff..

I personally find it an absurdity that need-less deaths take-place... Stampedes, Building Collapses, tent-fires.... its rediculous. People need to be better informed and better managed, via public service announcements or whatever it takes.

We cant just say 'It is in the Hands of Allah' and be done with it.... didnt God also say, that he helps those who help them selves?.. 

Just because its a  pilgrimage and an article of faith does not excuse it from decent standards of safety...

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 8:06pm
Arabian knight -I agree with you. I am afraid of crowds and don't know how I will ever be able to do Haj. That many people in one place with poor managemant is a disaster. If I go Inshalla I will stay way out of the center of the crowds and yes it will take me much longer. But I will not force my way up to the front, If the crowds are big I will stay on the outside and do the best I can. Are all of these things like throwing the stones at the walls really required??? And I read the Shia scholars said out of safety thier people could do it in the morning and non crowded times. Why can't our scholars come up with something sensible? My mother in law is elderly and in poor health. My husband and his sister are planning on taking her for Haj next year. I don't know how she will handle those crowds. I will be worried about them. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 1:40am

As Salamu Alaikum

Anyone who has performed Haj, know that the Saudi Government are doing their best.

There are great improvements made every year.

It is very disheartening what happened there but if anyone is to blame it is the pilgrims. They need to be more orientated about the rituals of Haj by their respective Haj committees.

I performed Haj about 10 years ago, and today I am told that the facilitates provided by the Saudi government,  are remarkable. There is already a quote system in force, allowing X number of pilgrims per country according to their Muslim population.

From my own experience, I would say that Haj is the biggest test of Ones Sabr.. Patience.

Buildings collapse every where in the world, not only in Saudi Arabia. Stampedes also occur every where and a good example is during important Football matches. Compare the crowds present at football matches to the crowds performing Haj. Only when one really goes to Haj will one realize the services provided by the Saudi Government to Pilgrims.

Don't worry about your mother-in-law Jenni, Insha Allah she will be okay. One needs to have Sabr and Trust in Allah.

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:26am

It's not so much if not hardly about poor people management, or crowd control.  That seems to be going on quite well.

The problem is the "amount" of people that go every year.

There is only one solution, have Hajj performed 2 or 3 times a year, to dispate the crowd.

As far as I know, there is no specific date to perform Hajj, only that it is prescribed to do once in a life time where possible.

As with Skygazer mentioned, having big crowds, takes a life on its own no matter how well you have crowd control or people management.

I know hajj is a religious and spiritual experience and I know some find it that way amongst crowds, But I can't see how much of a religious and spiritual experience being in that big a crowd and knowing the possiblity of a stampede breakout.

It actually puts me off. I rather do it and have the full spiritual experience with a lesser crowd and one I know I will survive and know I could enjoy and get the full benefit of what it is suppose to be.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:38am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

forget about the terrorist attacks, stampede is enough.
whats wrong with them?. It makes them looks like animals

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Please do not call them like animals,with looking to the soul of the Hajj,the point they have died on is Hajj's most emotional point u can ever seen,stoning the evil is an big event,as we know He took so much things from ourlives by the way the persons who go there to stone feels very angry then loses his/her selfcontrol,also many of them throws their slippers for the revenge.If you look under of the area you can find so may personal equipments(also cellphones)...there are more crowded points while on the Hajj but i do not think that we can prevent these deaths by the cause of the structural point(emotions) of stoning the Evil,also with looking to the last five years,Saudis arranged and taken some appreciated precautions on the point of stoning the Evil...but these deaths will go on no doubt...

From an another perspective,these deaths also show us that Evil is still working on the way of stoning the Evil...very intersting...the persons who goes to Hajj should care this deaths if they do Hajj or fall in the trick of Evil with loosing their controlls,if loosing controll causes deaths then it should be haram i think, tho they have no intention to do,just an chaos...hard issue...May Allah help them...

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:30pm

to say just have patience is a cop-out... and there IS NOT a stampede or random strctural failures and fires in EVERY Football match... Compare that to seemingly Every Hajj that I can remeber.

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 3:25am
yes, it's easy when you are talking. but if you're in their shoes?

i feel very sad of this hajj incident, & i hope for their souls to be blessed by Allah. still i cannot look away from the Saudis efforts. i see new design, alhamdulillah.. yet the incident still occurs. from my point of view managing millions of crowd is no easy task. still it is a task Allah has put on the Saudis to manage, and hopefully they come with a better solution to the problem.

as a software engineer, i understand how users can be lazy and maybe foolish even. so everytime, an engineer build softwares, we must take into account the nature of people. we know you'd make mistakes. so in every design, we must make algorithms to solve each mistakes, even if it's really your foolishness -- but we still need to find a way out of it. make it as user-friendly yet robust as it's possibly can. somehow, i see the incident that way, and hopefully the Saudis will find a good solution to it. lets pray for a good solution. amen. all & all, all praise to Allah... there's no strength but all from Allah.

for me, i'm thankful that Tabung Haji decides for Malaysians pilgrims to do the ritual at night, when there's less crowds. Malaysians are small people, and i know if i were to be in such magnitude of crowds, with the big pilgrims, i'd be quite very vulnerable. so alhamdulillah for Tabung Haji's plans. i hope other pilgrims can space apart the rituals, but maybe they follow their own scholars -- so i don't know if i can speak on that. wallahu a'lam...

Allah has stated for us to make plans for Hajj, and be careful of the rituals we offer to Him, so we might need to think about that. amen.

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic