IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Secularism and the Decline of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Secularism and the Decline of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 4:33am
Thanks Sister Angela for your efforts in sharing the above wonderful article.    However, faith in Christianity is lost in me as I have been intimidated regularly by them. So my will is that I have no interest in their teachings. My will now is that anything about Prophet Muhammad, I am pleased to accept and to learn more.

Gosh! You won't know how I feel when they started to intimidate me or psychologically bullying me and pressure me to accept that Jesus is the only GOD and he is a jealous GOD, so I mustn't believe in other religion. They pestered me almost days. I thought they were nice persons to chatter with, who knows they ended up harrassing me to go to their Church and insult other religions so to demoralize my spirit from reaching GOD's teaching.

Frankly, I have many friends who are Muslims, Hindus, Christian and Buddhist. In fact, the only person that really annoys me is the Christian evangelist. Only Christian Evangelist talks about other religion while the rest just do not talk about other religion. Believe me, especially after 9/11, most Christian believer would condemn on Muslim believer or invade in those who believes the Prophet Muhammad.

I guess the damage has been done. What is done cannot be undone.

P/s:I love the part about Prophet Muhammad. I guess he became my idol now.

Edited by pauline35
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 6:49am

Well, I'm sorry those Christians bullied you.  They should not have. We are taught the greatest gift from God to made kind is free will.  They were not very Christian if they bullied and threatened you.  A true christian should be kind, loving and charitable.  As a Member of the Mormon church, we are taught to respect other religions as you see above.  In fact, our missionaries absolutely are not allowed to proselyte in Muslim countries.  And if they run into a muslim in another country and they ask them to go because they are Muslim, they are to do it immediately.

Evangelists bother me too.  Especially the ones on TV begging for money.  I believe these are the men warned about when it says that Satan will use the bible to his own ends.  There are many churches that are "christian" that I DON'T like.  I guess you could say its like disagreeing with the Shia or the Sufis. 

Peace on you Pauline, God loves all his children and he is Merciful, Just and All Knowing.  We must understand that in the end he knows our hearts and he will guide us along the paths he's chosen for us.

Angie

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:32pm

I am a Roman Catholic.  The Church teaches that ALL people, regardless of their religion, will find salvation if, in their hearts, they are sincerely making every effort to do what is morally correct.  God gave each of us a conscience, and He also gave us free will.  Our conscience is there for a purpose.  To help us know what is right and what is wrong.  It is our own decision which path we will take.  If we choose to do what we know as moral and good, we believe God is merciful, and on Judgment Day, He will have mercy on all those who have tried their best to do good in this life.  When it's all said and done, God alone will decide who is worthy of Heaven.  This is what I believe.

God's Peace to All,

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:49pm

"For instance the Catholic Church decided not to allow priests to marry. The reason is that inheritance with through the family. So the kids (sons) would inherit the land. Thus the Church would not be the ruling land class anymore in Europe. They gave it flavorings as they were 'apostles' and should marry 'god'. Go figure. 

Then for women they were really 2nd class citizens. Virtually property. The Church demed them 2nd class by blaming the problems on women (as it was all Eve's fault for tempting Adam). Then setting up that women are either virgins or prostitutes. Not full, sexual beings. Like marry them only cause you have to.. very subtle messages that became a norm."

Sorry, I don't know how to post a quote here.  You are right.  I am a devout Catholic, and in the beginning the first disciples (apostles) were married.  A few hundred years later it was decided they should be celibate....and the Church would gain their inheritance.  This was not right at all.  Now they remain celibate because it is felt they are more able to devote ALL their time to their parish members, and to the Church....there is something in the Bible which states that a married man's attention is divided between God and his family, but a single man can focus totally on God and His will.  However, since this is a "man made" rule...it is possible it can be changed, and celibacy will be optional for the priests.

Women are not treated as either virgins or prostitutes.  I don't know where that came from, but nope, we are treated very respectfully.  If women act as prostitutes then they are treated "BY SOME MEN" according to the way the present themselves.  Jesus forgave the prostitutes and ate with them.  He was here to save the "lost sheep".  He did not like hypocrites who acted holier than thou.  I am no one special, and am certainly not holier than thou.  I am just a woman, a married mother and grandmother.  I have my faith.  I love my church....just as you love your faith and your church.  We are truly all God's Children.  I suppose he cries a million tears over all the arguing and fighting we do in His holy name.

God's Peace,

Patty 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic