IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Secularism and the Decline of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Secularism and the Decline of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skygazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Our missionaries all over the world are finding people who are hungering for the Gospel and for God.  Why then are the churches and synagogues and mosques so empty? 

Because your missionaries coerce them. They won't give them assistance unless they attend bible study classes. I've read plenty about this; they deny their "charity" to anyone who won't at least pretend to go along with them. They exploit the suffering of others to promote their agenda.

Edited by skygazer
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 6:32am
ANGELA WROTE:
What they don't understand is that it is completely rational to have faith and believe in a Supreme Being. No one would call the Dali Lama irrational or uneducated.

BECAUSE THE DALAI LAMA IS RATIONAL AND EDUCATED. THEY KEEP LEARNING EVERY DAY. THEY ARE NOT A HYPOCRITE AND THEY DON'T TEACH 'HYPOCRISY'. THEY TEACH THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH IS OUR TEACHER.

ANGELA WROTE:
Our missionaries all over the world are finding people who are hungering for the Gospel and for God. Why then are the churches and synagogues and mosques so empty?

I GUESS THE TRUTH IS THE CHURCHES ARE GETTING EMPTY BUT FORTUNATELY NOT WITH THE MOSQUES AND TEMPLES.

Edited by pauline35
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 6:49am
One Christian told me that he is not married and will remain unmarried because he believes armageddon is near and therefore it is useless to be married. He also said "To the hell of other religions other than the Christian".

It is possible that some are probably thinking that since Armageddon is drawing near, it is useless to go to the Church. If this goes on, one day we will find these believers will stop going to work because Armageddon is near. No work, no money increases poverty. Remain unmarried is like having a homosexual life that have no children or stop producing human race. Life is really ending before Armageddon.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:30am
Originally posted by skygazer skygazer wrote:

Our missionaries all over the world are finding people who are hungering for the Gospel and for God.  Why then are the churches and synagogues and mosques so empty? 

Because your missionaries coerce them. They won't give them assistance unless they attend bible study classes. I've read plenty about this; they deny their "charity" to anyone who won't at least pretend to go along with them. They exploit the suffering of others to promote their agenda.

Actually, Stargazer you are completely false in this statement.  If a Muslim family walked into my local Bishop and explained that they just couldn't make ends meet, they were in need of help.  My bishop would give them access to the Church food stores, help with Utilities and give them access to the Employment Services and other programs that we have.  Before I was a member of the church, I was actually assisted by being sent to a doctor for free because the missionaries who stopped by found out that I was sick and couldn't afford medical care.  We offer true charity, that expects nothing in return.  We sent $900,000 in aid to the Earthquake victims and we have a STRICT no proselyting to Muslims policy. 

We do not coerce, conversion is a personal and very spiritual journey.  They teach the lessons of what our faith is and what we believe, but it is up to the person to pray to God for their answer.  We have grown from a mere 3 million to almost 13 million in under 20 years.  You can't do this through coercion. 

Pauline35, I don't know who this Christian man is that you talked to but he's certainly not part of my Church.  We are required to marry and be sealed in the temple to our families.  Even if Armageddon was tomorrow, you are still required to get married.  And most Judeo Christian faiths truly misunderstand exactly what Armageddon and the Last Days really mean.  Luckily, we believe there will be a thousand years of peace before the Final Judgement, so people will have a chance to truly understand before they must go before God.

I'm sorry, you've had such a bad experience with Christians.  It must be a sad state of affairs in your country.  However, unlike Islam, you cannot Judge every christian sect by the beliefs of one of them.  There are certainly enough that would tell you that I'm a polygamist devil worshiper, even though my Church is founded by Christ and that we no longer practice polygamy out of respect for the law.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:21am

Angela can you explain this?

>>>However, unlike Islam, you cannot Judge every christian sect by the beliefs of one of them. <<<<<

skygazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skygazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 2:21pm

Actually, Stargazer you are completely false in this statement.  If

You're either an ignorant fool or a liar. There are plenty of materials confirming this.

In either case I'm not going to waste time on the likes of you.

skygazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skygazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Angela can you explain this?

>>>However, unlike Islam, you cannot Judge every christian sect by the beliefs of one of them. <<<<<

I can explain it: she's a religious bigot.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 7:22pm

I can explain it: she's a religious bigot.

How nice, is that muslim behaviour ??

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic