IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zakat Rules  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zakat Rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javed Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zakat Rules
    Posted: 30 June 2015 at 1:43am
Dear all,

Suppose that in June 2014 I paid zakat for $10,000. Now in July 2015, I have $15,000. Of these $15,000, $10,000 is carry-over from 2014. In 2015, I worked and made $5,000 saving.

Now, do I have to pay zakat for $15,000 or only for $5,000?

My question is that do we have to repeatedly pay zakat each year for the same amount for which we have paid zakat before?

Many thanks,
Javed Ahmad
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 1:51am

Salam,

You have to pay $15,000.00.
Zakah is yearly wahtever you have it in one year you have to pay zakat.
So assuming you don't to do/add anything to your saving within a certain year your  money will be "gone".

In islam, we are encouraged to invest, not to save. So the money will be productive and give benefit to others such us employment etc. Or even growing.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Jannahgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannahgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2015 at 1:35am
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever is made wealthy by Allah and does not pay the Zakat of his wealth, then on the Day of Resurrection his wealth will be made like a bald-headed poisonous male snake with two black spots over the eyes. The snake will encircle his neck and bite his cheeks and say, "I am your wealth, I am your treasure." Sahih bukhari

Please share on fb, whatsapp, Twitter.
uirwas View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uirwas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 4:41am
Zakat is an important issue that has been mentioned in the Qur'an God
AayanKhan View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AayanKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 4:50am
Helping the less fortunate and knowing that you have contributed to improving their quality of life, and you can be assured that the donation has gone directly to a recipient. That time feels really good from inside.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic