IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm mentally ill and depressed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm mentally ill and depressed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaniaalexander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm mentally ill and depressed
    Posted: 29 June 2015 at 7:46pm
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder last 6 years. My condition gets worst since past few months because i abused my medications. I started to feel depressed and I always think that I would be happier dead than alive. Is being depressed and suicidal a sin?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 1:58am
Depress is not a sin, but suicide yes, its very serious sin.

Try to pray and get closer to Allah. Allha give us manythign. Also try to look others the less fortunate than you, this will help.

No one get all what he /she wants, including michael jason, whitney houston etc,

Contentment is the magic cure for depress.

Edited by semar - 01 July 2015 at 2:02am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 2:36am
Originally posted by xaniaalexander xaniaalexander wrote:

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder last 6 years. My condition gets worst since past few months because i abused my medications. I started to feel depressed and I always think that I would be happier dead than alive. Is being depressed and suicidal a sin?

What is your situation?

What is happening in your life and what are you expecting to happen?

Also what do you have as a hobby? We all need one.

xaniaalexander View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaniaalexander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 7:17pm
I've lost my job when my colleagues found out about my illness. Right now I'm feeling really down because I'm jobless and don't have money. I'm away from my family and I'm alone this ramadhan.

My hobby is reading self-improvement books, but when I'm depressed I have no interest in doing anything except sleep whole day. No depressed person can be positive.

I have another thing to ask. Is self-inflicted injury (e.g. cutting my skin or overdose) a sin too?
SenijaSa View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SenijaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 3:00am
Yes, every way of harming yourself is a sin. See a doctor, seriously, there is no way around. We sometimes need others to bring us on the right path!
Momee View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 11:00pm
Sister, it is not a sin to have this disorder! You didn't choose it! We are given trials/tests and in my opinion I believe this is one of them.....I have an anxiety disorder and have had for the majority of my life...it's been hell at many times. I never gave up hope in Allah. Please take your medication as prescribed, So that inshallah you may have much clearer mind In order for you to find your way. Please please don't give up. It will get better, I promise you :)
Feel free to send me a private message
Jannahgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannahgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 2:37am
https://youtu.be/TD-MwN-fup0
Watch this link about how to cure depression.
Jannahgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannahgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 3:04am
Aisha reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: A believer does not receive (the trouble) of running a thorn or more than that but Allah elevates him in rank or effaces his sins because of that. Sahih Muslim

Please copy and paste this to make another brother and sister feel optimistic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic