IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Moon (Part 2)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Moon (Part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Clouds.Do you think it might be worth you doing a little astronomy? You could buy a book on it and a reasonably cheap set of binoculars to get started. I think you will enjoy finding out about the universe.

Tim the Plonker this is not about astronomy but miracles.
The moon was at a location where it was not supposed to be then on top of that it disappeared right in front of my eyes just like last year during Ramadan.

Compare the locations of the moon between the pics I've provided and you'll see that something is not quiet right.

This is for people like you who believe in nothing to just BELIEVE.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Assuming your conclusion.

Quote The moon was at a location where it was not supposed to be

Here is a skychart for Sharjah (the same chart I linked to in the previous discussion).  You can enter any date and time at the bottom and it will  show you exactly where the moon is supposed to be at that time.

Quote then on top of that it disappeared right in front of my eyes just like last year during Ramadan.

Most of the photos show the moon very near the horizon, where it is especially likely to be obscured by smoke/steam from chimneys, wind-blown dust/sand, etc. You won't necessarily see the pollution source itself at night, but I have often seen celestial objects appearing and disappearing, flickering or dimming like that.  No miracle, just natural phenomena.

Quote Compare the locations of the moon between the pics I've provided and you'll see that something is not quiet right.

If you would give us exact dates and times for the pics, as well as the direction you were facing when you took the picture, that might help.  Otherwise how can we tell whether it's right or not?

Quote This is for people like you who believe in nothing to just BELIEVE.

As I told you, we do believe.  In clouds, and in air pollution.  And in science.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 10:14am

Clouds.Do you think it might be worth you doing a little astronomy? You could buy a book on it and a reasonably cheap set of binoculars to get started. I think you will enjoy finding out about the universe.

The moon was at a location where it was not supposed to be then on top of that it disappeared right in front of my eyes just like last year during Ramadan.

Compare the locations of the moon between the pics I've provided and you'll see that something is not quiet right.

This is for people like you who believe in nothing to just BELIEVE.

Could it be that you do not know where the Moon is supposed to be?

Could it be that you were mistaken?

It could be that there was an optical effect causing a miarge which altered the location of the Moon in the sky as you were seeing it but I would then expect lots of people to have noticed it and it would then have made the news.

The Moon certainly has not moved out of it's expected place in the universe.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Most of the photos show the moon very near the horizon, where it is especially likely to be obscured by smoke/steam from chimneys, wind-blown dust/sand, etc. You won't necessarily see the pollution source itself at night, but I have often seen celestial objects appearing and disappearing, flickering or dimming like that.� No miracle, just natural phenomena.

Only on the nights of the miracle are the moon near the horizon. Like I've explained the moon was higher up in the sky then it moves down the horizon (all withing 10 - 15 mins) then it changes colour then disappears. There are no visible pollution to be seen as you can see the moon and the diminishing light of the moon.

Now the moon is very high up on the horizon and hardly moves within 2 hours that I stay there at the location.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 2:34am

Could it be that you do not know where the Moon is supposed to be?Could it be that you were mistaken?It could be that there was an optical effect causing a miarge which altered the location of the Moon in the sky as you were seeing it but I would then expect lots of people to have noticed it and it would then have made the news. The Moon certainly has not moved out of it's expected place in the universe.

The moon was NOT where IT was supposed to be :)

No optical effects or illusion but a clear miracle.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 5:20am

Only on the nights of the miracle are the moon near the horizon. Like I've explained the moon was higher up in the sky then it moves down the horizon (all withing 10 - 15 mins) then it changes colour then disappears. There are no visible pollution to be seen as you can see the moon and the diminishing light of the moon.

All of which is exactly what one would expect from natural phenomena, as I have explained repeatedly.  Of course you're not going to see the pollution directly.  It's dark outside (also a natural phenomenon, called "night").

Quote Now the moon is very high up on the horizon and hardly moves within 2 hours that I stay there at the location.

Here's a suggestion: set up your camera in a fixed position on a tripod, then take regular pictures every ten minutes or so.  You will see that the moon is moving across the sky at a constant rate -- approx. 0.25 angular degrees per minute, or 2.5 degrees from each photograph to the next.  If you could see the stars, which you probably can't because of air and light pollution, you could also note that the moon's position relative to the stars does not change noticeably in a single evening.

By the way, you might be interested in attending the opening of the new Sharjah Centre for Astonomy and Space this coming Thursday, July 2.  You may find someone there who can discuss this "miracle" with you. Smile
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 9:06am
By the way, last evening and this morning we have been witnessing a very weird atmospheric effect on the appearance of the sun in our region.  In the evenings and mornings, the sun has a very vivid and intense orange colour.

It's hard to describe.  We are accustomed to orange and red colours during sunset and sunrise, but what I'm talking about is as much as an hour or more before sunset and after sunrise.  Because it is so high in the sky, it is almost as bright as at noon, so both the colour and the intensity are spectacular.  It almost feels like we're on another planet.

The cause, according to Environment Canada, is a number of large forest fires to the north and west of us, blowing smoke into our upper atmosphere.

Or it could be a miracle. Wink
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 10:13am
Thread shifted

Edited by airmano - 29 June 2015 at 1:24pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic