IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - non muslim family causing trouble  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

non muslim family causing trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophluvzpink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non muslim family causing trouble
    Posted: 16 June 2015 at 1:13pm
I took my shahada a year ago and I have a very supportive muslim husband and two wonderful children with one on the way. I am thoroughly enjoying my life as as a muslim and islam is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me...
There is just one thing that is threatening to ruin my happiness and my life. My mother who is completely against muslims. .. In her own words we should all be killed off. She is making my life a misery. I live in a small town I am the only muslim woman who wears hijab here and she has told everyone I am an extremist and I am a jihad bride... she told the police I was going to Syria and my children were nearly taken away from me by social services. People abuse me in the street because of her lies.She continues to abuse and spread lies about me. I have no one to talk to as I don't know any other muslim sisters which is why I am writing on here. I just really could do with some support and ideas on how to cope with this matter
Thank you for reading
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 4:05am
Asalakum Alaikum sis

Never be unkind to your mum no matter what she does to you because Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) told us to always be kind to them and to look after them in their old age.

As for her abuses i don't know what to suggest except to put your trust in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and keep on being a good Muslimah In Shaa Allah.

Salaam
La Ilaha IllAllah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 7:49am
Other than wearing a hijab, what else in your opinion, would give rise to her belief that you are an extremist, who would want to travel to Syria?
sophluvzpink View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophluvzpink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 9:08am
Absolutely nothing she has had no contact with me or my family since I took my shahada and it was only 3 months ago she saw me out wearing a hijab. She is under the illusion that ALL muslims are extremists and we all want to kill non believers ... as soon as I met my husband when she found out he was muslim she disowned me and told me if I converted she would get ny children taken off me.
But she has had no face to face contact with me at all for nearly a year
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 8:02am
Perhaps you can make yourself available to other family members through visits, gifts, social media, or otherwise, just to let the family know you are not estranged from them. Hopefully word will get back to your mom that you're still the loving and caring person you've always been, and that your theology and attire is a personal choice. Unfortunately, there is a campaign to relegate the entire corpus of Islam into beheadings and terrorism. I'm optimistic you and I can prove otherwise - Insha'Allah.
sophluvzpink View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophluvzpink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 8:06am
Thankyou for your advice... your right I need to make sure I can prove to my family I am a good person then perhaps my mum will see the light
Thanks again
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 9:08pm
Assalamalecum,have faith in Allah, In Sha Allah you will surpass this obstacle, Read this prayer often-La illaha illa anta subhanaka inni quntum minal zalimin (ch 21 v 87 of Quran), may Allah remove all ur troubles.Ameen.
zliya View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zliya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 8:56am
Salams Sister. I am very sorry to hear what you are going through and hope that with Allah's guidance and help you can walk out of this obstacle soon. Like someone mentioned before, it is important for you to respect your mother. So try not to stray from that. Also, I think it best for you to try to visit your mother and talk to her. Be sincere and act in kindness even if she doesn't look at you. Let her know that even if she is angry with you, that you will still be there for her. If this becomes really tough then, like someone else mentioned, I would also suggest trying to get in touch with your other family. Begin with the one, who isn't as disappointed with ur convert. And Insha Allah ask for their help if you must. I really hope I helped you in some way and wish you all the best Sister. Also here is a link that I think would be helpful to look over.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/articles/151300/estrangement-and-the-strangers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic