IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Jesus God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Jesus God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

God has Sons by the tons.
This is very true. Didn't Naik or Deedat come up with that saying?
While it is true God has sons by the tons we also have to understand that only those who do Allah's will are sons of God. Jesus is His only son, because he is the only one that fully obeyed all commands and laws of God without sin, and through him we too can become spiritual sons of God according to the gospel.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 5:26pm
Dear Saved,

You said in this topic "Jesus is His only son," while in other topics you say "As for Adam not having father or mother that is not true. Adam had God as his father (Jesus is the last Adam). "
Which one is true ?
Then I want to ask you, does Mary (Jesus mother) has the parents?

Regards,
Asep
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by rmujaahida rmujaahida wrote:

Asalam Alaykum
Umm what should further not be forgotten is the lecture which supported the truth that jesus never claimed to be the son of god... [IMG]smileys/smiley18.gif" align="middle" /> Christianity lost the arguement

Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God ? WRONG! Read Mathew 26.

Edited by 2Acts - 30 October 2016 at 5:46pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

You said in this topic "Jesus is His only son," while in other topics you say "As for Adam not having father or mother that is not true. Adam had God as his father (Jesus is the last Adam). "
Which one is true ?
Then I want to ask you, does Mary (Jesus mother) has the parents?

Regards,
Asep
It is not about what I said or say; it is what the Scriptures state. God said in an audible voice: "This is my beloved Son hear ye Him" The gospel backs up that he is God's only son. When the Scripture uses the phrase "He gives us power to become sons of God;" it means children of God and sons only through the work of Christ who is his unique and not sired son, but the sons by the tons are not God's only son or God's only Word proceeding from Him to become human.

Edited by Saved - 31 October 2016 at 1:16pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 3:30am
Dear Saved,

Alright, here lies a very fundamental difference.
In Christianity, Jesus is the son of God, in Islam Jesus (Isa) is not the son of God, but he is a human as mentioned in Quran 4: 171, Quran 5: 116-120, and the Gospel of Barnabas (John 5:27).
The verses in the Quran and John 5:27 has the same understanding.
And if I look carefully, the contents of the Gospel have similar form with hadith in Islam.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

Alright, here lies a very fundamental difference.
In Christianity, Jesus is the son of God, in Islam Jesus (Isa) is not the son of God, but he is a human as mentioned in Quran 4: 171, Quran 5: 116-120, and the Gospel of Barnabas (John 5:27).
The verses in the Quran and John 5:27 has the same understanding.
And if I look carefully, the contents of the Gospel have similar form with hadith in Islam.

Regards,
Asep
Hi Asep:

Jn. 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself. 27 And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice�

Lets look at it in context. According to the gospel God judges no man but has committed all judgment to the son so that they will honor the Son the same as the Father.

When the Scripture says "Son of Man" that is higher than sons of god, because there is only one son of man in the context it is used. It is the same son of man that appeared with the three Hebrew children thrown in the fire found in the Book of Daniel the prophet.

That verse is not emphasizing Jesus' humanity. When Jesus referred to himself as son of man that upset the Jews more than anything else. Besides, you are looking at this from a carnal perspective. Since you are, think of this question and answer it: Was a man involved to procreate Jesus?
The Quran might make the phrase "Son of Man" or the disparaging phrase "Son of Mary" to mean just being a human man. The emphasizes might be man in the Quran, but not so with the gospel verse Jn 5:27

Peace,
Al

Edited by Saved - 01 November 2016 at 4:51pm
ForHumanity View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForHumanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 3:12pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but would like to take up your question, or rather statement.

You claim that "God has shown his patience and punishment" by (God Forbid) killing Ahmed Deedat in retaliation to his "highly offensive talk" in Sydney.

I make these claims:

1. His talks were not highly offensive, rather they were a one of a kind talk, in which a Muslim has logically proven Jesus did not die on the Cross, based on evidence from the bible.

Please listen to his final talk to find the exact references.

2. If you claim, for the worst, that his death was not coincidental, I think you'll agree I can too make that claim.

Notice the day he died on, notice the day he made his speech on. What do we notice? He made the speech on a Friday, and died on a Friday - a death highly coveted by Muslims as it is the congregational prayer day.

So I could argue God blessed him.

3. Your claim lacks scientific proof - as does mine.

Which means, and with which I conclude, you cannot ascertain the role of God in his death.

Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 4:55pm
Does anyone know how many post we have to make before the moderators stop holding our posts for approval? I could understand doing this to someone for the first view post, but after a while it really slows the forum down.
If seems like too much control, IMO...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic