IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jinns are not fiction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jinns are not fiction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 10:31am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Abu says that the Moon is below the clouds.

He has not presented any evidence for this.

I know nothing about what Abu said.

When I and Ron point this out you say that it is fine to do so.

You say Jinns are real and not fiction.

You have not presented any evidence for this.

There is no evidence that I know of. But because a book that I have absolute faith in says they exist I believe it.

When I and Ron point this out you call us rude. And then make veiled threats.

No, that is not correct. It amounts to a lie. I call you all rude when you try to poke fun at God Almighty or His revelation or His prophets.

I will continue to point out that Jinnis are not real just like the tooth fairy is not real. Unlucky.

You are most welcome to believe and say what you fancy but that will not alter the truth. That Jinns exist.

If you have a read on either of the Monn threads or any of Abu other posts you will get the picture.

You say you believe in Jinnis but accept that there is no evidence beyond a book you say you believe in.

Abu has said that the moon travels below the clouds and the the earth is flat etc.

You then say that I am out of order for pointing uot that your ideas and Abu's are of equal validity. That is stuff you believe without any evidence and that there is evidence to the contrary if you would look at it.

Then you threaten us with retalitation.

Grow up or find somewhere else to live.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 2:29pm
Quote Tim the plumber:
You say Jinns are real and not fiction, You have not presented any evidence for this.
The Saint:
There is no evidence that I know of. But because a book that I have absolute faith in says they exist I believe it.
And this is exactly the problem (but I appreciate your honesty).

The troublesome consequence of this thinking is that if the Quran stated that we all have a cuddly little silver dragon in our ears you sure would believe it as well.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 26 October 2015 at 2:33pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

You are guilty of one of the gravest sins on earth. Therefore, you should expect adverse comments.

My "sins" are not against you.  They are against your allegedly omnipotent God, who certainly doesn't need anybody else to speak or act for him.  I'm sure he can take care of himself.

Quote Rules have already been made. We are told to follow those by God Almighty. Man made rules, as long as they do not conflict with divine rules are acceptable but the moment your pluralistic society rules defy divine rules they will be rejected.

I'm sorry, but you have it backwards.  If you can convince a majority of your fellow citizens that you have God's rulebook, then they can adopt those rules.  But in a pluralistic society, the majority decides, and their rules take precedence over the views of any religious minority.  Always.  That's the only system that makes sense.  Anything else leads to chaos.

Quote It is an unsupported premise in your mind. But it is a fact that I am convinced about.

Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?  Because there is absolutely no point in presenting me with an argument that begins with an unsupported premise.  Just because you are convinced about it, that doesn't make it a fact -- and it doesn't lend support to the premise.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 1:15am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote Tim the plumber:
You say Jinns are real and not fiction, You have not presented any evidence for this.
The Saint:
And this is exactly the problem (but I appreciate your honesty).

The troublesome consequence of this thinking is that if the Quran stated that we all have a cuddly little silver dragon in our ears you sure would believe it as well.

Airmano

Yes, but the real trouble is the level of confidence that the unconfident need to express their views with.

Any decent must be squashed!!!

I don't like anybody being squashed.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

If you have a read on either of the Monn threads or any of Abu other posts you will get the picture.You say you believe in Jinnis but accept that there is no evidence beyond a book you say you believe in. Abu has said that the moon travels below the clouds and the the earth is flat etc. You then say that I am out of order for pointing uot that your ideas and Abu's are of equal validity. That is stuff you believe without any evidence and that there is evidence to the contrary if you would look at it. Then you threaten us with retalitation. Grow up or find somewhere else to live.

How in hell did you equate a worldly belief into a religious one?

As far as I'm aware the existence of Jins has nothing to do with the Moon or clouds or even the Earth.

From my point of view it's fine that you do not believe in spiritual things, but as a Muslim I believe what my Creator has told me, so yes I believe in Jinns and Angels.
Amazingly both are assigned to human beings, believe it or not what you do are a consequence of their influence in your lives.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

If you have a read on either of the Monn threads or any of Abu other posts you will get the picture.You say you believe in Jinnis but accept that there is no evidence beyond a book you say you believe in. Abu has said that the moon travels below the clouds and the the earth is flat etc. You then say that I am out of order for pointing uot that your ideas and Abu's are of equal validity. That is stuff you believe without any evidence and that there is evidence to the contrary if you would look at it. Then you threaten us with retalitation. Grow up or find somewhere else to live.

How in hell did you equate a worldly belief into a religious one?

As far as I'm aware the existence of Jins has nothing to do with the Moon or clouds or even the Earth.

From my point of view it's fine that you do not believe in spiritual things, but as a Muslim I believe what my Creator has told me, so yes I believe in Jinns and Angels.
Amazingly both are assigned to human beings, believe it or not what you do are a consequence of their influence in your lives.

I see no diffeence between belief in the tooth fairy, God, gods, jinni or angels.

I see all of them as wanting to see stuff that is not real.

I see your wanting the earth to be flat and not wanting to understand that satelites exist as the same reality avoiding mind set.

I think that if I make a claim, such as the earth is a sphere, then I should be able to support it.

I think people who live in the real world are more benificial to humanity than those who want to use dream cloud reasoning. I find them destructive. To themselves and the rest of humanity.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 28 October 2015 at 2:03am
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 6:41am
Well, I have tried to take on these Jinnis. No show!

Take on these jinnies? LOL, I sincerely advise you, you should not. It may be very hazardous for you, if they do decide to take you on!

I have done what you said, shouting into the night, and no jinnis showed up. Are they all busy?

I am sure they are ignoring your childish antics. In any case they are not bound to answer your calls. Beware of the time, though. When they decide to respond to you.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 7:27am
This is not acceptable in a western society.

Very well. Let the western society rot in hell.

If you feel this you should leave. Otherwise you will be spending a lot of your life in jail.

Leave? From where? And who are to tell me that and why?

Obviously a western jail might be prferable to living in a basket case nation which is run by a theocracy with no idea of how to make stuff work.

I am not subject to western laws and thanks God Almighty for that. You are welcome to your decadent laws and depraved practices, I want none of it.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>
  Share Topic