IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Al-Hajj 22  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Al-Hajj 22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OlyaizOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al-Hajj 22
    Posted: 22 April 2015 at 2:04pm
Hi I just have a question maybe someone can help me understand.

So my question is this; about whom is the word polytheists used toward?
I actually thought this was addressed toward Christians and Jews But now I think I can be mistaken. So I pasted the verse below. Can you please let me know, is polytheists used toward Jews and Christians too? or is this used toward other religions?

Al-Hajj 22 17. Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Sabeans, and the Christians, and the Zoroastrians, and the Polytheists-God will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. God is witness to all things.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by OlyaizOne OlyaizOne wrote:

Hi I just have a question maybe someone can help me understand.

So my question is this; about whom is the word polytheists used toward?
I actually thought this was addressed toward Christians and Jews But now I think I can be mistaken. So I pasted the verse below. Can you please let me know, is polytheists used toward Jews and Christians too? or is this used toward other religions?

Al-Hajj 22 17. Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Sabeans, and the Christians, and the Zoroastrians, and the Polytheists-God will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. God is witness to all things.

Salaam

The polytheists in that verse are in reference to the Meccans and the people of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi wa sallam).

But as a general rule everyone else who believes in a deity other than Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is considered to be a polytheist. Islam is the only religion that professes the Oneness of God Almighty in the way that He wants us to worship Him. In Islam it is called Tawheed.
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic