IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - living in a free and stable country  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

living in a free and stable country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: living in a free and stable country
    Posted: 15 April 2015 at 8:46pm
I wish everyone could hear this, and understand the beauty that is the United States of America.

Once an Arafat Man
http://media.focusonthefamily.com/fotf/mp3/fof_daily_broadcast/ffd_2015/2_april_may_june/ffd_20150407.mp3
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I wish everyone could hear this, and understand the beauty that is the United States of America.

Once an Arafat Man
http://media.focusonthefamily.com/fotf/mp3/fof_daily_broadcast/ffd_2015/2_april_may_june/ffd_20150407.mp3

Modern America is like Sodom and Gomorrah of old.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 5:12pm
Greetings Abu Loren,

In many ways, yes, so is most of the world...

but this person is speaking of something different.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 2:58am
The reason that the USA is succesful is not that it is Christian but that it is tollerant of any faith and of none.

A society which allows diversity of thought will get a right answer to any question a lot quicker than one which forces conformity.

Unity is st**idity. It is also strength. Like a bull in a bull ring. Clever beats strong.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 4:29am

Greetings Abu Loren,

Caringheart

America more so than the rest of the world. Sodom personified.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Greetings Abu Loren,

Caringheart

America more so than the rest of the world. Sodom personified.

Just to try to get it clear, what is it about America society that you don't like?

I would like to understand the bits outside forign policy. I understand why the world thinks they are *****s.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 1:46pm
There's really no point commenting if you haven't listened to the link to understand what the topic of the thread is.
asalaam,Smile
Blessed be God forever
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 4:41pm
For those (like me) who aren't willing to invest a half hour into an audio file, the transcript is here:
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/my-dramatic-conversion-from-islam-pt1

Frankly though, I'm not sure what the topic is.  I didn't see much in the interview about "living in a free and stable country" (maybe it's in part two?).  Here is what Tass Saada, the subject of the interview, said about what changed his plans (italics added):

Quote Jim: Think of that! But what prevented you from carrying out that plan? So you married Karen; you applied; you're getting your paperwork. What went right?

Tass: She's a good girl, and when I met Karen she had a five-week old baby boy. And she was dating a Persian guy and when I met her and she brought the baby with her, I fell in love with that baby immediately. ... It turned out that I was worse than the other guy in the way I've lived my life with my wife and then we had a girl, my daughter, Farrah. And that was it, I couldn't leave my kids.

Jim: So that changed your mind, having your daughter--

Tass: Totally, totally.

In short, suddenly he had something, and someone, to love for. Smile

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic